Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on the ‘no lid surgery’ train but what is going on with Sali’s eyes, she looks totally different.
She also has that cheekbone and defined face shape that is very similar to Sam Chapman, who openly admits to using fillers.

She looks a little scary in that second photo .

Reactions: 2
The Queen book is all the lolz though.
Sit back and watch the royalties trickle in.

I think you're absolutely spot on @Deb99 with the Sam Chapman comparison. Fair play on Sam for being transparent about her use of fillers etc. Have much more respect for someone who does that then make vague comments about a "weak dilute" as a cover!

I was on the ‘no lid surgery’ train but what is going on with Sali’s eyes, she looks totally different.
She used to talk about her hooded eyes. No hoods in sight now, those eyes aren't even shower resistant.

Reactions: 1
so is this book the queen matched to colours, like here’s all the times the queen wore red here’s all the times the queen wore green?
please tell me there’s more to it then that cos seriously that is some barrel scrapping tit.

Also, I know I’m late to the party, but bleeping HELL that Vogue piece was nauseating.
Seven years ago back on her GTL FB page, everyone had a field day on an Alexa Chung interview in the guardian, it was an absolute cringe fest and the GTL lot mauled it, as did Sali. The Vogue piece reminded me so much of the Chung piece.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
On the best sellers list already. Who knew.

I mean I like the Queen and I like colours but ...... :unsure:

She’s so infuriating. She’s just posted about nude ballet pumps and how it hadn't occurred to her that the pink was skin coloured. She’s followed it up with a ‘Well that went well’ as though people had really gone for her. All the responses I saw were perfectly pleasant. Linking between plasters and nude nail polish etc which she’s passively aggressively responded that yes of course she knew that. Why does she have such disdain for her followers?

Reactions: 10
I’m sure she’d be able to colour match them if Queenie wore them.

🤣 Just seen her twitter post. She’s just aggrieved because she’s so wokey woke and yet slipped up so easily and showed her privilege.

• Haha
She’s so infuriating. She’s just posted about nude ballet pumps and how it hadn't occurred to her that the pink was skin coloured. She’s followed it up with a ‘Well that went well’ as though people had really gone for her. All the responses I saw were perfectly pleasant. Linking between plasters and nude nail polish etc which she’s passively aggressively responded that yes of course she knew that. Why does she have such disdain for her followers?
Yes, exactly. No one as far as I could see was a dick to her on that thread, but she just had to be snippy back.

Does she want a medal for her self-proclaimed ignorance about the dark, languid history of the colour of a ballet slipper? JFC get a woke-grip on yourself, you had a book come out today, pour a drink and snuggle up with your IT'S A RESCUE DOG dog

Reactions: 9
Yes exactly. I've just read it all and people seemed perfectly amiable in their replies, just musing over stuff really. But she has to present it as a Twitter storm because she is so feisty and controversial. Await an article next. Oh no sadly The Pool is defunct. And why did she have to slip in the humblebrag about wearing Manolos to her wedding? (She's married btw in case you didn't know).

Reactions: 7
She is such a humourless old bag. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone who smiles less than her (or is that the Botox?!). She cannot stand criticism and is SO defensive.

Reactions: 7
I don’t do Twitter but I should, it would seem to be prime Sali Hughes comedy gold territory 😁.

She does take herself so very seriously, must be that enormous chip on her shoulder weighing her down.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This thread has become very sharp, love it all.
All that fake woke humble bragging smugness is comedy gold add a Twitter hissy fit and it goes platinum.
Hooded eyes be damned those crepey lids have been magically ( not surgically 🤔) removed.

From Instagram today.

So thrilled to finally hang out with @natashadenona at Selfridges Trafford’s Beauty Weekender, after years of talking online. Obsessed with her products - I always used to buy lots of it in the States until it came to @theofficialselfridges.
There she goes again, been buying the brand for years, despite literally never once mentioning it until a couple of weeks ago. She must have a whole other house to store all the products she's been "buying for years", and "recommending since forever" but totally never mentioned online.

Reactions: 6
From Instagram today.

There she goes again, been buying the brand for years, despite literally never once mentioning it until a couple of weeks ago. She must have a whole other house to store all the products she's been "buying for years", and "recommending since forever" but totally never mentioned online.
She has shown us the contents of her bathroom on videos, she frequently posts photos of the makeup and skincare she’s using, she always tags the makeup brands on selfies, she writes a weekly column about favourite products, she has written two books about her favourite products, she gives out countless recs on her IG and FB page.

And yet she blatantly pulls this BS about products she’s never ever mentioned before. She’s either v stupid or thinks we are v stupid.

Reactions: 5
She has shown us the contents of her bathroom on videos, she frequently posts photos of the makeup and skincare she’s using, she always tags the makeup brands on selfies, she writes a weekly column about favourite products, she has written two books about her favourite products, she gives out countless recs on her IG and FB page.

And yet she blatantly pulls this BS about products she’s never ever mentioned before. She’s either v stupid or thinks we are v stupid.
My favourite was when she said she’d been using squalane for decades 😂😂😂. Had anyone heard of it even a few years ago ?

Reactions: 5
My favourite was when she said she’d been using squalane for decades 😂😂😂. Had anyone heard of it even a few years ago ?
That is so her - 'long have I advocated the benefits of xyz (insert random hitherto unmentioned but now trendy product'). And then if anyone questions it she gets so shirty and rude. That is why I find her In the Bathroom series so cringe. Her guests are usually lovely but so many products they mention she says 'yes I've loved that for years'. 'Yes I've got that' or the particular thing that makes my innards shrivel 'LOVE'. It's the constant need to be one-up all the time.
Btw I think the Queen book is shamelessly cynical. The Queen will no doubt pass away within a few years so Sali has positioned herself nicely to be the go-to person to consult in retrospect about her clothing and image.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.