Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did enjoy her doing Laverne's dirty work on the demise of The Pool - which apparently Laverne was oblivious to and barely troubled by.
Oh my god, I keep coming back to this. Wouldn’t it put a bit of a dent in your friendship? Imagine not being bothered by all those people (women) not getting paid.

Reactions: 1
Lauren Lavern and Sam Baker were like a couple of rats leaving a sinking ship, they couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Reactions: 4
Lauren Lavern and Sam Baker were like a couple of rats leaving a sinking ship, they couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Yes that's what I heard re LL - she scarpered fairly early on. I sort of miss The Pool - it was so po faced and woke. Full of 'smart women' rocking a red lip.

LOL at CH and Sali on Twitter about engagement rings now.

Look, I get most people are turned off the diamond-as-dick-size materialism with engagement rings, but it makes me chuckle to see wealthy, privileged women use weddings/rings as way of signalling how down-to-Earth and righteous they are

- My ring was £5 from a vending machine but I made him return it as it was a such vulgar display of wealth
- My ring was from a drinks can found washed-up on a beach!
- My ring was found in a dumpster, and we smeared it in dog tit for good measure

STFU, you don't even pay for your hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh my god, I keep coming back to this. Wouldn’t it put a bit of a dent in your friendship? Imagine not being bothered by all those people (women) not getting paid.

It was remarkable and unedifying to watch unfold wasn't it. Couldn't have happened at a more critical time for "Lozza" either. Breakfast show on 6Music, locum on Desert Island Discs - I assume that was what the studied insouciance was about. I think Sam B came off as far more human and genuinely devastated about it.

But SH being her bezzie's attack dog to any criticism?! Didn't anyone ever tell her speak up for your friends sure but don't speak for them.

But also yah, SH could totally afford to swallow the hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard Sali on Late Night Women's Hour (which I can't usually listen to due to Lauren Laverne talking cosily about sex :sick:) where she gives her thoughts on the James Charles/Tati debacle. She hasn't heard of either of them until a week ago but that doesn't stop her. (Tati is a witch for bullying 'a kid'. Plus the pile on of JC is because America is homophobic). What is it about her I find so deeply bloody irritating? I think it is her absolute certainty she is right and is she is so rude to anyone who disagrees with her. She can't ever have a reasoned debate. It is on the BBC website if you too want to get annoyed.

Reactions: 4
I couldn't bear to listen to smug Sali ranting forth, so good for you.
I think her inability to debate, reason or discuss anything without constantly drip feeding into whatever she is writing about how great she is, is that she isn't educated.

She left school at 15 so completely missed the critical thinking /debating part of her education. (This doesnt apply to every one who left school early, but it certainly does to her.) She carries a massive chip because she didn't go to university and consequently loaths anyone who did.
She a massive fan of the gender queer men in makeup pride Brighton gang. The less male a man is the more she drools over them.

Reactions: 3
Wasn't her Dad a war correspondent or something? Never struck me as a particularly working class job although not to say it's well paid I suppose, but they lived in poverty right? Never had any food in the fridge which is why she now has 3 fridges and 3 ovens I saw her say the other day.

Reactions: 2
I think CH was more likeable/relatable when she used to blog from her house. She now has an office and assistants and seems full of her own importance and is doing lots of paid ads and the money must be rolling in.
Who is CH?

Did anyone see Sali's IG post about the James Charles and Tati Westbrook issue? Having both said they want to move on and are taking a break from social media, Sali decides to promote the Late Night Women's Hour podcast by tagging both Tati and James. Dick move, and no doubt to draw traffic to her profile. It has since been deleted - wondering if it's because people were going nuts in the comments?

For all of Sali's talk of Tati being a grown-ass woman in her 30s (agree with that) it seems trite that a 40something then tries to insert herself into a drama that has just had the dust start to settle.

Reactions: 6
I've followed this thread for a while. Used to love SH but agree with everything being said here and don't follow her anymore. Dr Sam Bunting has much better skincare advice and is much much more qualified.

Anyway, I just saw her Instagram post about Judith Kerr sadly passing away. Even in that she had to say "every one of us authors" just to remind everyone that she has published books too! It would usually be an innocent comment but she's just so up her own arse that it made me roll my eyes in response.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I've followed this thread for a while. Used to love SH but agree with everything being said here and don't follow her anymore. Dr Sam Bunting has much better skincare advice and is much much more qualified.

Anyway, I just saw her Instagram post about Judith Kerr sadly passing away. Even in that she had to say "every one of us authors" just to remind everyone that she has published books too! It would usually be an innocent comment but she's just so up her own arse that it made me roll my eyes in response.
Sali Hughes an Author? A collection of her cosmetic must haves as a young woman dressed up as a book does not place her in the same room as Judith Kerr .

Her ego knows no bounds.

Reactions: 8

Instant irritation at that Insta post. Sali could say 'it's a sunny day' and I know it would put my back up for some reason. It's the way she seems to think her views are so unusual and quirky because she is so outspoken and feisty of course. And the #goals hashtag. Argh argh argh. And to put herself in the league as Judith Kerr!!! Did anyone see the Sir John In the Bathroom? I watched one to get annoyed (he seems lovely btw not that I know who he is) and she did her usual thing of everything he mentioned 'yes I've got that' 'yes I've loved that for years' interspersed with some truly cringe 'street' talk eg 'so what is your jam?'
I really used to like her years ago. I just don't know what changed tbh.

Reactions: 8
interspersed with some truly cringe 'street' talk eg 'so what is your jam?'

Ooh seeded raspberry please!!

Hope she didn’t ‘mate’ him.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's going to Glastonbury. Of course. Little cray hipster that she is.
Natch, her bezzies Caitlin Moron (big problem HUGE - the most one trick pony there is) and Lozza go every year. This is where I need to tune out from 6Music as they spank on from 6 months in advance, ramping it up about now assuming people who won't be there are not there because they couldn't get tickets (nope).

This Queen book that's launching today is a boggler isn't it? I'm sure I read her say she barely did anything for it - didn't write the blurbs or anything.

I hope the Queen book credits those who originally pointed out the Queen throwing shade through her dress choices. I think the brooch thing originated from a poster on twitter who put together a very interesting thread. I'm sure Sali will claim credit though.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.