Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest #AD incorrectly labelled as press samples. ( This isnt an article for the papers. It's Instagram )
Forgets to add blepharoplasty, lip and face fillers and botox.
The implication being it's Chanel , Drunk Elephant and Aĕsop that plumped up her face. ( all free )

All comments as usual just one big love in.
Conclusion- queen bee of dishonesty.

Reactions: 2
The fawning over her skin in the comments is excruciating. Do ppl not question why her skin is taut and mask-like? Do they not care? It makes me so uneasy.

Reactions: 1
The fawning over her skin in the comments is excruciating. Do ppl not question why her skin is taut and mask-like? Do they not care? It makes me so uneasy.
The Instagram fawning is indeed excruciating (great word), she’s dishonest yet seems to assume most people would know she uses Botox when she was challenged earlier this week.

Reactions: 3
Despite her guardian column being heavily moderated (don't you even dare mention fillers/surgery ) Sali's plug for Pat McGrath panned btl. £110 eye shadow palette that she writes you need serious skills to use.
Also plugging PM on Instagram and her itb series.
Someone is getting a big fat pay cheque. Ahhh but not an #AD in sight.

Reactions: 4
Plus of course she had to shoehorn in a mention of Charlotte bloody Tilbury. First two words in her column. Her column is just awful now - recommending ridiculous things and as you said Gulster the attempts at moderating speak volumes. Someone has a very thin (botoxed) skin.

The guardian started with the moderating in conjunction with the increase of botox comments btl.
Also knowing that the new set of photos booked to come up to head summer articles would clearly show eye surgery, bloated lips and a fuller face.
I care not what she does to her face, what bothers me is the secrecy when flogging anti aging creams.
Her refusal to ever use #AD means she has no problem at all with being deceitful for monetary gain. Ergo she will happily and regularly lie to her 'fawning' followers

What I really want to know is whether she (and all the others) are paying tax on all these “gifts”. £500 microblading gift = approx £200 tax bill, surely (depending on her own personal tax status). Free fillers worth approx £900 = approx £360 tax liability, right?

What a bizarre review. How you can keep a straight face (#Botox) and recommend a £35 lip balm. And of course, the casual drop-in of St Charlotte of Tilbury.

Reactions: 2
I used to like Sali and Caroline Hirons but they are going down the filler route whilst plugging free expensive products joe public have to pay hard earned cash for.

Oh, when they admit to Botox is always “just a little” isn’t it? They claim they only have just enough to make themselves look better, they can still move their forehead muscles unlike SOME people... 🙄

Her latest selfie shows how much filler she has injected , that’s a very strong jaw line she’s boasting.

She always credits Hershesons for her hair and sings all the praises , didn’t use him on her wedding day when Sam McKnight was available.

Her latest selfie shows how much filler she has injected , that’s a very strong jaw line she’s boasting.

She always credits Hershesons for her hair and sings all the praises , didn’t use him on her wedding day when Sam McKnight was available.
Good point!

And yes to the “weak dilute of Botox”. That’s not a thing.

Sali has turned her face into the accepted look for the *we who never grow old* model.
Sunken eyes, pillows for cheeks, massive forehead finished off with the infamous pouting lips. Her lovely healthy little face of yore has left the building.
To me this is really sad. This once secure,proud to be 40, popular guardian columnist has reduced to producing vacuous nonsense books and selling/blagging via her Instagram shop.
The sticking point is that these over plumped women never ever ever look younger, just weirder.

Reactions: 11
I think the freebe offers must get harder to resist after they are thrown at you every day.

Sali has turned her face into the accepted look for the *we who never grow old* model.
Sunken eyes, pillows for cheeks, massive forehead finished off with the infamous pouting lips. Her lovely healthy little face of yore has left the building.
To me this is really sad. This once secure,proud to be 40, popular guardian columnist has reduced to producing vacuous nonsense books and selling/blagging via her Instagram shop.
The sticking point is that these over plumped women never ever ever look younger, just weirder.
Yes I agree. What I find so sad is that these beauty columnists seem to swerve being honest about beauty when it starts to get harder ie when you start to actually look older. I wish there were some who could show the truth - that an older face with lines and wrinkles still is beautiful. They make aging shameful and they are dishonest about it too. Tbh I rarely look at YT videos about beauty as it is a sham. If I do I prefer the French YTers as they seem to have a healthier outlook altogether to aging. Sali's puffed up face is just depressing whilst she pretends some expensive snake oil is responsible for it.

" They make aging shameful and are dishonest about it too." Yes! This is my bug bear with SH. She has gone from being a proud 40 plus to an ashamed botoxed, filler addict. While continuing to plug expensive ( useless ) designer niche skin care.
A good clear complection on anyone, no matter how old,is flattering.
A face full of filler on anyone, young or old, is not.

Reactions: 5
Someone on her last post had commented that they’re ‘not too sure about the eye brows’ and she’s replied that they’re the same they’ve always been.

They’re a much thicker shape, maybe she just can’t see it? Sali is someone who loves a selfie so I’m surprised she can’t see the difference .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.