Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in no way , shape or form jealous of Sali, she used to show the high street at its best and give us great recommendations to those of us not loaded.

I was particularly pissed off by her advertising ( that’s what it is in its basic form) of two creams ; sjal at £195 a pot (who remembers that cream? was only available at Harrods btw) and a Frances Penna Jones recovery cream at £245 a pot . She didn’t have to wait for an appointment because FPJ is on her speed dial.

I think that says it all. Portrays herself as a champion of the working class woman who wants great skincare, thanks Sali.

Reactions: 5
Maytosep stop being deliberately obtuse. Start a rave thread. Get some glasses anything but please stop fishing on a trash thread. Or not.

I didn't realise that like AMR ( who I reported to CMA about not sure if she stopped doing it but know they looked into it) and CH, Shifty Sali was also plugging her hair cuts while deliberately omitting she got them free. At the expense of fans who then get lumbered with a price hike to cover loses from her freeloading.
SH only ever had great hair at her wedding and at no other time has her hair been a wow factor. Sam M did it then though.For free!
These influencers really hit rock bottom with no moral code at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
That’s it, isn’t it? Average Jane (I include myself in that) was paying hugely inflated prices to subsidise undeclared freebies for some utterly witless Gleambots (and others). It’s just so morally wrong.

Sali would probably say she’s a feminist, a champion of women, and I think she IS a lot of the time, but if the regs hadn’t changed recently, would we be any the wiser as to the scale of the deception?

I first noticed how Sali had changed when she stopped making photos of her face her priority but focused pictures on what she was wearing. Then she'd only answer one question, where is that dress, jumper et al from? This is called soft selling and is a known ad ploy.
Not enough takers on the fashion front so she started with the food posts, again no takers. So back to her face it is.

I think her *#AD* have had to increase due to loosing dosh from the pool and never taking off as a serious journalist.
Needs must I suppose. She does seem to be the main earner in her family so I don't completely blame her for going where the money is. Just wish she'd not hide *#AD* so obviously and be upfront regards fillers/botox.

Reactions: 4
Maytosep stop being deliberately obtuse. Start a rave thread. Get some glasses anything but please stop fishing on a trash thread. Or not.
You misunderstood me. I wasn’t defending Sali - quite the opposite. What I’m saying is, plugging “press samples” IS an advert but not tagged as such. Ditto when she talks about anything she got for free. It’s all advertising.

So “Helena” upthread who is defending Sali, saying she’s merely a journalist writing reviews of things she’s sent, I disagree. I don’t care how an Instagrammer receives something - if they’re plugging it and they didn’t buy it with their own money then it’s all advertising. And I think the ASA guidelines seem to agree?

If there's anything Sali would fume about (fake wokeness aside) is being labelled an Influencer over a Very Serious Journalist. But she's happy to reap the benefits of the former. Hershesons is bloody expensive, how many cuts, extensions and treatments has she had now, for free? The 'press samples' of full-sized expensive products, with the half-hearted reference to affordable brands when she remembers she wants to be hailed as a working-class hero.

And when questioned on something that hits a nerve, either a snide pile-on using her luvvies on Twitter (although I have to admire anyone who could tolerate being in the company of Caitlin I'M MAD, ME Moran for more than 5 minutes) or a weak dilute of an answer.

Reactions: 8
Maytoseptember, really sorry I meant Helena not you. Big mistake by me.😯
Splitpea, " caitlin I'M MAD ME ' and ' fake woke ' just love it.

I can't help but notice that "Helena Handcart" has me blocked or has deleted all their posts on this thread :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can't help but notice that "Helena Handcart" has me blocked or has deleted all their posts on this thread :ROFLMAO:
Not sure if the whole account is gone, she also posted in the Ruth Crilly thread and those posts seem to be gone. I guess it was okay to talk about Ruth but not precious quirky Sali 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Dali is so quirky she can’t even spell her name the normal way. Is it pronounced Sall eye? 😳😂👀

She did an igtv segment about her favourite perfumes that fly under the radar these days , Saturday I think and I really enjoyed it.

It was the old Sali, interesting content and not flogging stupidly over priced items that she has never paid for.#press sample.

It won’t last😁

.....and then she goes and spoils it with a ‘very rare’ 🙄🙄🙄facial at Sarah Chapman.

#presstreatment

Free advertising from you Sal, that’s what it really is.

Last edited:
Aye, an 'iconic' treatment there costs £525, but thank goodness for Sali pointing out that it's a 'very rare' facial. She can't be accused of overdoing it, she's just one of us (free haircuts and styling, eyebrow microblading and nail treatments aside...)

Reactions: 3
Miss #prettyhonest is seriously #prettydeceitful.
£500 eyebrow tattoos
£525 facial
£300 hair cut, that's just these last few weeks.
Her YouTube Juvaderm advert ( no comments allowed ) makes me strongly suspect that's free too.( Considering the timing fitted 8her recent new fuller face look.)
Her message is, you all need this because aging is sooo embarrassing. Wack on some loud, clashing, leopard print
and woop it up like a teenager at bananarama gigs, then you'll be super hot like me.

Sali is all for being feisty and celebrating other older women and how they can 'rock a red lippy' :sick: (in fact she said on Twitter how awful and sexist it is that people say older women shouldn't wear it - I've never ever heard anyone say that, most people couldn't actually give a tit, but she loves a bit of manufactured faux outrage) but she likes to promote herself as a bit of a Peter Pan untouched by the ravages of time. Can't believe I actually used to like her and trusted her recommendations.

Reactions: 2
I never have either. She wears it very well, so I don't know why she feels the need to be so defensive about it. Unless it's to drive more stealth sales again?

Reactions: 1
This thread! I came acroos it searching for some concealer recommendations and it's just confirmed all my Sali doubts! I've just sat and read the whole thing.

I used to love her column and then read Pretty Honest and started to get confused. It made me mad that I'd read most of it before and also that some things she says are so specific to her (like how to wash your hair or shave your legs) that I thought it was weird she was offereing out advice on how to do them. But the thing that made me first suspicious of her motives was when she said she'd been using some sort of face blade "for years" but in the book says you must never ever ever take a razor to your face.

An earlier post mentions her pedalling a £40 scrunchie. Just been scrolling through her IG and came across a post ewith a quote from Pretty Honest:

"the scrunchie comes in limitless guises, all of them abhorent".

I haven't read the book for a while but I am pretty sure she does say in there that she gets botox. I recall something about having a good friend called India who makes sure she doesn't go too far.

Last thing for now. She's so bloody humourless and rude to people! A picture of her make up brushes and someone made a comment about not having time to clean them. "no." she said, "I have other brushes that are used and cleaned regularly, these are just all my extra ones" or something along those lines.

Actually, one last last thing. This article - https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/sali-hughes-wedding-beauty "I ONLY HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE AT THE VERY TOP OF THEIR GAME BUT I'M SO HUMBLE AND QUAINT THAT I HAD MY RECEPTION AT A LOCAL EATERIE - VEGETARIAN OF COURSE"

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.