Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have absolutely no idea what’s going on with MoD.

I had a look at the thread and don’t understand a thing. Would someone break it down, please?

She’s an influencer who was posting here under a pseudonym and slagging off her own husband. And now she’s been found out.

Is that right?

How was she found out?

And what does Sali have to do with it?

Reactions: 1
SH: Clemmie what's going on? Is it that awful Tattle forum again? Sx
Clemmie: Well, I invented an account on there and called my husband a twit. Repeatedly.
SH: 👋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I wonder if MoD had the nerve to comment under SHs whingefest video? Might go and have a look. Oh this is hilarious - SH new best bud is a bleeping troll! Awaiting with interest her thoughts on it all. Or Feebee's. Not fussy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They are all ridiculous and now willing participants in their own exposure

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have absolutely no idea what’s going on with MoD.

I had a look at the thread and don’t understand a thing. Would someone break it down, please?

She’s an influencer who was posting here under a pseudonym and slagging off her own husband. And now she’s been found out.

Is that right?

How was she found out?

And what does Sali have to do with it?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You're right, as far as I can understand. I don't know how they found out. Sali had an podcast with her recently, that's all I can see as a connection.

I’ve been lurking for weeks . I saw the thread on mumsnet, wondered what the fuss was about , saw the video Sali Hughes made about these awful trolls. It sounded horrific .
I thought I’d see for myself ( had never heard of tattle life before That weekend).
What I found was a questioning of influencer culture. Intelligent witty commentators whose points about being sick of the shilling , sick of the consumerism, sick of the falseness, echoed what I’ve been feeling myself . More power to you

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve been lurking for weeks . I saw the thread on mumsnet, wondered what the fuss was about , saw the video Sali Hughes made about these awful trolls. It sounded horrific .
I thought I’d see for myself ( had never heard of tattle life before That weekend).
What I found was a questioning of influencer culture. Intelligent witty commentators whose points about being sick of the shilling , sick of the consumerism, sick of the falseness, echoed what I’ve been feeling myself . More power to you
👌👌👌

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Do their friends really send them messages telling them where on the internet people are criticising them? That's so weird
It is!
You'd be suspicious of your friend! Why were they searching for and reading gossip about you?!

• Heart
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You're right, as far as I can understand. I don't know how they found out. Sali had an podcast with her recently, that's all I can see as a connection.
So I think within this forum she was outed earlier in the year and it was sort of known amongst the IG London mums since then but no one had spoken out. For some reason hungermama (one of ones mod talked tit about on here including her marriage ending) posted a series of IG stories today outing her but not quite naming her. (But making it obvious). So within this forum it’s old news but it’s how it’s now going to play out in the wider social media scene.

C1B1BCDB-1047-449B-A98F-05C9A891480B.jpeg

Tetyanawrites (on IG) is posting about the MoD drama, I’m sharing a few screens here because a lot of what she says strikes a very strong chord with what we’ve been talking about with regards to SH - authenticity, protecting income streams and book deals, broken trust and the very blurry line between influencer and bully. Well articulated.

Attachments

Last edited:
It is interesting that a name like Clementine, such an unusual name for a woman in her mid/late 30s, should belong to not one but two successful and high profile influencers, right?

I’ve actually thought about this in depth 🤣

It’s a posh name. Maybe not so much now, but if you were born in the 80s and named Clementine then your background is bloody posh. And monied. Also white. Almost certainly privately educated. Almost certainly London based.

Add that all together and it becomes easier to understand how women called Clemmie just found it kind of... easy to build a platform and a position of influence online. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. It’s the confidence and privilege that only a private education can give you.

My dad once told me that money goes to money. He was right.

Reactions: 12
I remember though one piece of advice she gave when she said they eye creams are a waste of money. I have to say that I’ve always followed this.
I think it depends on your skin. As someone else here has said, the formulations in eye creams are better suited to the delicate under eye area. If you look carefully at Sali’s under eyes, you’ll see she has a ton of milia. That’s down all the turkey-basting face creams and oils that she uses.

Reactions: 3
I don't really understand the Mother of Daughters thing or SH involvement but I have to say the whole thing is hilarious. SH doing her video and the pile on of here and how foul and disgusting we all are and then SH goes and does a podcast with one of the very same shitmouth turds. Oh dear oh dear. I am waiting with baited breath to see SH next move.
So I think within this forum she was outed earlier in the year and it was sort of known amongst the IG London mums since then but no one had spoken out. For some reason hungermama (one of ones mod talked tit about on here including her marriage ending) posted a series of IG stories today outing her but not quite naming her. (But making it obvious). So within this forum it’s old news but it’s how it’s now going to play out in the wider social media scene.

View attachment 55018

Tetyanawrites (on IG) is posting about the MoD drama, I’m sharing a few screens here because a lot of what she says strikes a very strong chord with what we’ve been talking about with regards to SH - authenticity, protecting income streams and book deals, broken trust and the very blurry line between influencer and bully. Well articulated.
And yes what Tetyanawrites here really , as you say, strikes a chord with the SH situation. People aren't mean just very disappointed at being let down by someone they (right or wrong) trusted.

• Haha
I think it depends on your skin. As someone else here has said, the formulations in eye creams are better suited to the delicate under eye area. If you look carefully at Sali’s under eyes, you’ll see she has a ton of milia. That’s down all the turkey-basting face creams and oils that she uses.
I too am one who years ago took her advice about eye creams being a waste of money. (Didn't she also say that about toners?) Soooo, what's a good eye cream? I use prescription tretinoin, so my skin tends to dryness

Reactions: 2
I too am one who years ago took her advice about eye creams being a waste of money. (Didn't she also say that about toners?) Soooo, what's a good eye cream? I use prescription tretinoin, so my skin tends to dryness
If you haven’t had milia yet, then keep doing what youre doing.

If you do tend to get milia in that area, change your routine and maybe try the hada labo eye cream with retinol.

Reactions: 2
It is!
You'd be suspicious of your friend! Why were they searching for and reading gossip about you?!
Also you’re making it known you have at least four ‘friends’ who are on here. Which according to these people is the worst kind of person in the world.

And no, ‘just reading’ doesn’t make you morally superior, as much as you would like to think it does.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder if MoD had the nerve to comment under SHs whingefest video? Might go and have a look. Oh this is hilarious - SH new best bud is a bleeping troll! Awaiting with interest her thoughts on it all. Or Feebee's. Not fussy.
Yes. MOD definitely did comment! 🤣

It is interesting that a name like Clementine, such an unusual name for a woman in her mid/late 30s, should belong to not one but two successful and high profile influencers, right?

I’ve actually thought about this in depth 🤣

It’s a posh name. Maybe not so much now, but if you were born in the 80s and named Clementine then your background is bloody posh. And monied. Also white. Almost certainly privately educated. Almost certainly London based.

Add that all together and it becomes easier to understand how women called Clemmie just found it kind of... easy to build a platform and a position of influence online. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. It’s the confidence and privilege that only a private education can give you.

My dad once told me that money goes to money. He was right.
Very accurate. MOD’s family is definitely well off. They owned a nice house in London (Crystal Palace?) in their mid twenties with 2 kids. Says it all. Family money. What makes her so odious is how particularly greedy and grabby she is when they’re now even more wealthy.

I don't really understand the Mother of Daughters thing or SH involvement but I have to say the whole thing is hilarious. SH doing her video and the pile on of here and how foul and disgusting we all are and then SH goes and does a podcast with one of the very same shitmouth turds. Oh dear oh dear. I am waiting with baited breath to see SH next move.

And yes what Tetyanawrites here really , as you say, strikes a chord with the SH situation. People aren't mean just very disappointed at being let down by someone they (right or wrong) trusted.
I think it’s weird that we expect Influencers to be paragons of virtue. They have a really shady ‘profession’ and are basically unscrupulous pushers of tat they wouldn’t buy themselves onto people far less wealthy than they are. Their methods are what I can’t stand, making people feel less than in order to sell them stuff, no better than pushy door to door salespeople really. Some are worse than others but that’s what the Instamummy job is - salesperson

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.