Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she done or is she just catching her breath? Is there a pattern starting to emerge? When something specific is mentioned or when Jupiter aligns with Mars?

She's starting to lose money for her sponsors, I see many of us are saying "nope" (tee-hee) to new products. As for treating yourself, as @Originalnuttah mentioned, this is so engraved in us and we should re-learn to treat ourselves differently. I don't mean to live like a monk and self-flagellate as a treat, don't get me wrong, but when you have so much stuff, it becomes just that - stuff with no other purpose that being a means for a short distraction from whatever is bothering us or a very mild high.
I love products and always will but nowadays I'm going to focus on using up what I have and only buying when I run out. I have an embarrassing amount of make-up. It's pointless to own so much when it's the same handful of stuff that gets used over and over again

Reactions: 9
Influencer culture is a capitalist wet dream
That is why I now turn on The Internationale after watching any influencer.

I love products and always will but nowadays I'm going to focus on using up what I have and only buying when I run out. I have an embarrassing amount of make-up. It's pointless to own so much when it's the same handful of stuff that gets used over and over again
Yes, I love make up, just reading about it, watching videos, whatever, and I don't want them to turn me off of what was genuine enjoyment! (If my husband passes next to me when I'm watching a youtube video, he'll say: Oh, you're watching blending. And I want to continue to watch blending, see reviews, but also not to succumb to this feeling of identifying myself with the things I own.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It's so telling how SH responded to the DOP criticism, excusing herself entirely from blame by saying she was acting on someone else's bad information. Of course it's somebody else's fault, not Sali's. I literally don't think I've ever seen her admit fault for anything online. To put that in perspective, most of us have grown up/been online for 20 years, and in that time I'll freely admit I've been corrected and apologised in online exchanges where it's been due. But somehow Sali is beyond reproach, always on the defensive, #bornsnippy, taking the superior position every time. To be wrong would be impossible. Critics are beefy freaks. The cumulative effect of this behaviour over the years leads to mistrust, and I think that's what these threads are. People are onto it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Beefy freaks.
🤣 Guys, quit. I'm howling. Trying to prepare for an interview tomorrow and shouldn't be on here but you know....yes, coming out of my cave to showcase my skills in the real world...just been recording my presentation and am aghast at my ageing, less than "perky", late 40-something face, onto which I'll smear the same old make-up tomorrow morning and it won't make a blind bit of difference to whether I get job or not (and I certainly won't be wearing Chanel No. 5)

• Haha
I see Sali is off the front page of Tattle , as she’d prefer .

#justsaying
#shemetMoDrecently

Reactions: 3
Can anyone explain what’s happened with MOD and FOD and SH? Pls?
From what I can gather Clemmie Hooper (Mother of Daughters) used an an account on here 'AliceInWanderLust' to slag off lots of her IG mates and even her own husband. And big herself up. But word finally got out and she is currently being hoisted by her own petard.

🤣 Guys, quit. I'm howling. Trying to prepare for an interview tomorrow and shouldn't be on here but you know....yes, coming out of my cave to showcase my skills in the real world...just been recording my presentation and am aghast at my ageing, less than "perky", late 40-something face, onto which I'll smear the same old make-up tomorrow morning and it won't make a blind bit of difference to whether I get job or not (and I certainly won't be wearing Chanel No. 5)
Very best of luck, you’ll be great and let us know how it goes :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
From what I can gather Gimmie Hooper (Mother of Daughters) used an an account on here 'AliceInWanderLust' to slag off lots of her IG mates and even her own husband. And big herself up. But word finally got out and she is currently being hoisted by her own petard.

Very best of luck, you’ll be great and let us know how it goes :)
makes me glad I am merely a beef faced, cave dwelling incel with a menial real job

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It makes that awful, over exposed photo of SH and MOD's foreheads look even more amusing in the light of this.

It's so telling how SH responded to the DOP criticism, excusing herself entirely from blame by saying she was acting on someone else's bad information. Of course it's somebody else's fault, not Sali's. I literally don't think I've ever seen her admit fault for anything online. To put that in perspective, most of us have grown up/been online for 20 years, and in that time I'll freely admit I've been corrected and apologised in online exchanges where it's been due. But somehow Sali is beyond reproach, always on the defensive, #bornsnippy, taking the superior position every time. To be wrong would be impossible. Critics are beefy freaks. The cumulative effect of this behaviour over the years leads to mistrust, and I think that's what these threads are. People are onto it.
You are so right. The airy dismissal of the Dawn O' Porter bullying was breathtaking. 'Years and years ago...Someone else's fault...she and Dawn are friends'. And do you know what I would have believed her if I wasn't on this site and saw the tweets covering nearly a YEAR with SH very much central. And the knowledge that is was appalling for Dawn. Sent her into a deep depression and cost her work and affected her relationship with her husband (she says this herself - I'm not gossiping). And the 'coven' had been warned by Emma Kennedy to please stop.
The Esther Coren debacle was airily dismissed as well. It wasn't her. She was only saying something others thought and anyway hadn't @ Esther. People on Tattle obsess about it because we think she fancies Giles.
Poor sweet Lauren Luke completely fucked over by SH. I note she never mentions her. Guilty conscience?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
good luck, it’s not easy venturing out the cave. Remember to get the red lipstick on, expensive one, with a satisfying click if possible. Though being a fellow cave dweller, try eating beetroot, similar effect 👍

• Haha
Their entire raison d'etre revolves around their influencer persona. They can't just switch it off, as one of us "normies" can. It really highlights how petty and superficial and meaningless it all is

Reactions: 2
Ooh yes good luck. Great advice from the other skidmarks. Just channel Madonna and you will be fine. It's the golden rule.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
good luck, it’s not easy venturing out the cave. Remember to get the red lipstick on, expensive one, with a satisfying click if possible. Though being a fellow cave dweller, try eating beetroot, similar effect 👍
Thank you!!! And to Pineapple Queen and Jellybean too. As has been mentioned here before, the "anyone can wear red lippy" theory is a myth - hideous on me, just highlights all the redness in my ginger complexion. Only time I've ever managed it confidently was when dressed as Magenta for a Rocky Horror convention!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m picturing our ‘favourite’ wannabe author stroking her dog and savouring seeing her last interviewee being hung out to dry on social media.

Just my thoughts , thinking out loud , just my imagination.#staysafeTattlers

Don’t want to cause further trauma but lie down , just in case Dali Fughes😉

Last edited:
These influencers seem to have an unhealthy interest in Tattle. Did AliceinWonderland ever post on this thread? I'm sure I've seen the name somewhere.
What is SH involvement with it? Apart from her best bud being exposed?

I had no idea who MOD was until just now, but the fact she was SH's most recent interviewee is hilarious

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The Lauren Luke episode is a good example of how media works. SH could openly pitch for the column and deride LL on twitter and encourage a pile on because Lauren isn’t connected in the way many are in the industry. Lauren was a wildebeest Sali could first wound then successfully cleave from the herd. No chance of anyone doing that to, for example, India Knight what with step-father being Chair of The Times (or whatever his lofty position is).

It also goes a long way to explain these ‘friendships’ of SH with the likes of IK, CM, Lauren Laverne, Lucy Mangan etc. Not saying they don’t get along but let’s face it, it’s another way of shoring up your position and insulating yourself from attack. The video on That Friday was a way of rallying the troops to test the loyalty of that wider network, it was good on the day but I don’t think it’s worked out as it was supposed to.
It barely made a ripple in other parts of the media. Lucy Mangan (of course) wrote about it in Stylist/Stylist online (not sure if they're separate or not), one of SH's other mates did something on Grazia online, and, most risibly of all, I.K wrote obliquely about it in her Sunday Times column and was heavily criticised in the comments section. Maybe it's because the 'ever peripheral' Sali is of little relevance, but I do also wonder if it's also because nobody wants to inadvertantly involve the much more successful and better connected Giles Coren and DO'P. People like Richard Osman, Sam West and Nigella sympathised at the time but what have they done since? I know that Sam West (truly one of the good guys on Twitter) and Nigella are friends with Giles. Even Caitlin Moran and Lauren Laverne haven't wrote about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
These influencers seem to have an unhealthy interest in Tattle. Did AliceinWonderland ever post on this thread? I'm sure I've seen the name somewhere.
What is SH involvement with it? Apart from her best bud being exposed?
I don’t recall Alice ever commenting but I wonder what Clem and Sali talked about during their podcast .

#trustnooneClemmie
#oops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.