Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If my employer expected me to slither around like that, I'd quit. What a job! Lauren, I can see you're a passive type who lives to follow the stronger personality, but you don't actually have to do this for a living lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is this fair? A women in their mid 40s without a single wrinkle using the #nofilter #noretouch when underneath that is Botox? Is that transparent? Is that being helpful to other women in their mid-forties who for whatever reason are ageing naturally.

Then at the same time promoting all other manner of serums, acids, moisturisers for all number of brands to help us stop looking our age. Will we in 5 or 10 years from now all feel pressure to reverse age or to look like we did in our 30s when we are 50/60 yrs?

Is this the world you want to live in?
You are so right. This is exactly what fucked people off re her Botox use. She tried to twist it to make out we were bullying her about it when nobody could give a tit if she had it or not - but just BE HONEST ABOUT IT. Don't pretend that smooth #nofiltered bake was down to Charlotte dahling's latest goo. It is unkind to women her age and younger wondering where the hell they were going wrong after religiously smearing on the jollop she recommended. And no, mentioning the Botox use once or twice obliquely and tucked away obscurely somewhere was not nearly enough. In almost all of those #unfiltered selfies she should've mentioned it - even coyly saying 'tweakments' if the actual word was so difficult.

Reactions: 13
@Jelly Bean so true - l was one of those women who started to feel really rubbish about my lined face as l am roughly the same age. She didn’t directly state the fact she was getting Botox until very recently. The Guardian should not publish any future columns on anti-ageing products. I would find that completely irresponsible as a Guardian reader if they did.

I genuinely believe this is a fair and honest point and yet l am labelled ‘a troll’ and threatened with my employer being contacted - however l am a company owner so l am not worried on that front and any close friends or family would agree with me so l don’t feel threatened/ worried.

Just be fair, just be honest and don’t do a disservice to ageing women. We will all be looking in this same ageless/ line free way or be judged if we don’t in the very near future - heaven forbid those who have number 11s between their eyes and a forehead with lines.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Is this fair? A women in their mid 40s without a single wrinkle using the #nofilter #noretouch when underneath that is Botox? Is that transparent? Is that being helpful to other women in their mid-forties who for whatever reason are ageing naturally.

Then at the same time promoting all other manner of serums, acids, moisturisers for all number of brands to help us stop looking our age. Will we in 5 or 10 years from now all feel pressure to reverse age or to look like we did in our 30s when we are 50/60 yrs?

Is this the world you want to live in?
This is what has really got me recently, the ‘no filter’ train selfies. And has she had some cheek filler, have she always had such chiselled cheek bones?

Reactions: 4
No filter is such a twatish hash tag anyway, regardless of your job/ tweakment status. No, I really am this beautiful!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
No filter is such a twatish hash tag anyway, regardless of your job/ tweakment status. No, I really am this beautiful!
I know. The ultimate humblebrag.

And it is frankly a bit mean and preying on insecurities I think to let people comment underneath those photos things like 'your skin is amazing! I'm younger than you and have wrinkles - what is your secret?' without ever saying something like 'well I do look after my skin with xyz but also have the occasional tweakment'. Not to every comment obviously but just the odd one now and then would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Re. threats to contact employers etc (having recently come out of 'lurking' mode) - is it really possible to do this if we post anonymously? It's hard to imagine what the email to employer would say and also I am self-employed so can happily report my employer would not give a tit, but I am anxious about the thought of confrontation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi all, I'm new here. Could someone please explain the SH and DoP situation? I've tried looking back through older posts and have even googled it but all I have found is that someone called someone else a prawn? I can't rest until I know the tea!

Reactions: 3
Hi all, I'm new here. Could someone please explain the SH and DoP situation? I've tried looking back through older posts and have even googled it but all I have found is that someone called someone else a prawn? I can't rest until I know the tea!
Basically Sali and a bunch of her friends who were christened ‘The Coven’ by @Simperman were involved in publicly mocking and ridiculing DoP on Twitter. Every time she made a public appearance, she would be publicly humiliated and hauled over the coals by those guys (Sali has deleted her tweets and the others have locked their accounts since we started talking about it here) to the point where Dawn suffered severe mental health issues, problems in her relationships and she even lost her job as a result. (This isn’t speculation, an interview was screenshot and posted here wherein DoP openly talked about this).

Sali has since been asked about this on IG but dismissed the question with an: oh, it was years ago and someone else started it.

I don’t care if happened when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, the damage caused was real and significant. I am almost 50 and I still have nightmares about the bullying I experienced at boarding school when I was 15!! Goodness, woman! Have some shame! And no-one forced her to bully anyone. She had a mind of her own. Even Emma Kennedy (of whom I am no great admirer) pleaded with the gang to stop because the bullying was so severe and @simperman was like: this isn’t worth falling out over!

Are you shitting me?!

It was real Lord of the Flies stuff and Sali Hughes was in the thick of it.

ETA: they were all very open about it and used the word “prawn” as a stupid code for Dawn. Bastards.

Amendment to the above: she didn’t lose her job, she lost work. Same thing in my book. Both pay for food and rent/mortgage. You take away someone’s ability to feed themselves for no real reason, you’re a piece of tit. Which Sali clearly is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Re. threats to contact employers etc (having recently come out of 'lurking' mode) - is it really possible to do this if we post anonymously? It's hard to imagine what the email to employer would say and also I am self-employed so can happily report my employer would not give a tit, but I am anxious about the thought of confrontation.
If you haven't already, have a read of the post from one of the administrators - @Helen - at 10.26 yesterday (Wed). You should find it reassuring.

Reactions: 3
Welcome! - 'someone called someone else a prawn' is hilarious! Yes GtL Old-Timer has covered it. 'Prawn' was their hilarious secret code word for Dawn 🤭 . They said rib tickling things like they wouldn't shag her even they were lesbians (or something like that) and basically ripping the piss out of her hair, clothes, well everything tbh. This went on for nearly a year judging by the tweets. As GTL says they couldn't pretend Dawn didn't know as Emma Kennedy told them she did. Yet they carried on. SH had a mass clear out of her tweets so we don't know what she said but it was clear from the other participants that she was the lynchpin. So her protestations on her video re trolling 'I'm NOT that kind of person' caused a deal of confusion and merriment here. Oh SH you are EXACTLY that kind of person.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Basically Sali and a bunch of her friends who were christened ‘The Coven’ by @Simperman were involved in publicly mocking and ridiculing DoP on Twitter. Every time she made a public appearance, she would be publicly humiliated and hauled over the coals by those guys (Sali has deleted her tweets and the others have locked their accounts since we started talking about it here) to the point where Dawn suffered severe mental health issues, problems in her relationships and she even lost her job as a result. (This isn’t speculation, an interview was screenshot and posted here wherein DoP openly talked about this).

Sali has since been asked about this on IG but dismissed the question with an: oh, it was years ago and someone else started it.

I don’t care if happened when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, the damage caused was real and significant. I am almost 50 and I still have nightmares about the bullying I experienced at boarding school when I was 15!! Goodness, woman! Have some shame! And no-one forced her to bully anyone. She had a mind of her own. Even Emma Kennedy (of whom I am no great admirer) pleaded with the gang to stop because the bullying was so severe and @simperman was like: this isn’t worth falling out over!

Are you shitting me?!

It was real Lord of the Flies stuff and Sali Hughes was in the thick of it.

ETA: they were all very open about it and used the word “prawn” as a stupid code for Dawn. Bastards.

Amendment to the above: she didn’t lose her job, she lost work. Same thing in my book. Both pay for food and rent/mortgage. You take away someone’s ability to feed themselves for no real reason, you’re a piece of tit. Which Sali clearly is.
Yikes! It's worse than I expected.
I really like Dawn and just finished her latest book. Glad that she's doing so well now and that SH is still reaping what she sowed with her nastiness.

Reactions: 5
Like I said to someone via private message the other day:

Sally might contact your employer. And is what she going to say? "I have evidence X is commenting on a internet forum about information freely provided in the public media by myself"? First, she would have to prove that BettyDoodah is XPerson, for example. Would Tattle provide this information freely unless threatened with legal action? Not in a million years. Like Helen the mod wisely said in her post, all we're doing here is comment on information provided in the media by the person herself. Every single time someone in this thread went slightly off topic regarding any other aspect that it wasn't mentioned by Sally herself the person was promptly alerted and the comment removed or edited.
If spending idle time on the internet is a case for dismissal, half the country would have got the sack for gossiping on the net by now, for crying out loud**. Professional misconduct is a lot more serious than that, you'd have to be disclosing sensitive information about your company and worse things.

That takes me to doxxing. If she discloses your personal information on the public domain she is the one who is going to be trouble. A quick search on doxxing gives the first result as:

The primary protection against doxxing is likely to be the Protection from Harassment Act (1997) s 1:
1 Prohibition of harassment.

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2)For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.
The amount only matters insofar as a reasonable person would consider it, in the circumstances, to be harassment of the other.
Additionally, you may be able, if you show psychiatric injury, to pursue a tort of psychiatric injury against the perpetrator.
@GTL Old-Timer @Yel @Helen could you please advise here?

**Obviously, if you spend all your time at work chatting tit on the internet that's a different matter altogether :p

Last edited:
It is!
You'd be suspicious of your friend! Why were they searching for and reading gossip about you?!
THIS!! I know a lot of folk are saying it and I agree

Why on earth would you search online for mean spirited comments about a friend and then report back what's been said about them?

I can't imagine doing that to anyone I care about.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.