Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on the MOD/FOD thread shared a Twitter thread of people mocking FOD's insta, calling him a bleep etc. Those people are Twitter, and IRL friends, of Sali's. Just saying.
Bunch of deleted replies to scouserachel on that thread. I wonder whose purge they were a part of

Reactions: 3
How many of us did she bring to this forum? I was a casual follower and had no idea about DOP, LL, dilutes, writer's retreats, salinistas and so on. No one can tell me that what we say here is remotely comparable to her platform (however peripheral). Who did we get fired? Do we have a hashtag for her on Twitter? If I say I think her sweater is fugly, that's on me and if I make a bitchy remark on her declining column, again, says more about me than her. But, I have read harsher reviews of children's books than what is usually written here. Messaging women on FB, really? FYAYB!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Is it possible to view deleted tweets anywhere? I’d like to review some of the nastier things and the dates of them just to be sure I’m not misremembering.

Reactions: 1
I saw that on Twitter- couldn’t figure out the background though, I guess some stuff deleted or something?

Reactions: 1
What conspiracy stories? How a writer's retreat is a wight loss clinic?
a) OK.
b) The legal implications if you go berserk and doxx someone, not that you blocked them. Also the fact that you not only track people, but message them.

Reactions: 3
Not just doxxing and stalking, but harassing and defaming. The last one is very expensive and will end up costing her her home and her life’s work if she’s not careful.

she STILL has not blocked me anywhere, despite all the info about myself that I have related here. I’m pretty sure though that she has confused me with another gtl member who I know has been blocked everywhere despite never having followed her on SM. Her henchwoman Lauren is clearly missing a few screws and marbles.

Sali, you’re nowhere near as smart or astute as you think you are and you are skating on very thin ice. If you wrongly out anyone or defame anyone on this forum, you will be sued by those of us who have the means to do so (I certainly do) and I personally will come for everything you have got. Every. Single. Penny.

So play nice. K?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
What conspiracy stories? How a writer's retreat is a wight loss clinic?
a) OK.
b) The legal implications if you go berserk and doxx someone, not that you blocked them. Also the fact that you not only track people, but message them.
That Twitter post has made me livid. She’s being wilfully obtuse and I think she’s even angrier 6 weeks later than in that video. Her squirming out of any responsibility for any of this mess- her own mess- is shocking.

Leaving this here...
If we are all so ‘stupid, clumsy and embarrassingly easy to identify’ then why hasn’t she actually been able to do it to all of us?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't understand how anything said on this website could be perceived as trolling? Surely trolling is direct engagement? I only ever commented on SH's posts on Instagram in a positive way, very, very occasionally, I don't follow her on Twitter, am not on Facebook, and have never commented on the Guardian column. So absolutely no trolling, shamefully persistent or otherwise.

Reactions: 6
I have no plans of discontinuing my writing here and commenting and critiquing what ever she writes or makes public. I thought that's how this whole "celebrity" thing works. A person in the public eye, who makes money out of selling a product to the public, is open for critique and questioning. A writer should get used to people criticizing their work, like actors, painters etc. She certainly doesn't mind having opinions on certain people or even generalizing.

I don't understand how anything said on this website could be perceived as trolling? Surely trolling is direct engagement? I only ever commented on SH's posts on Instagram in a positive way, very, very occasionally, I don't follow her on Twitter, am not on Facebook, and have never commented on the Guardian column. So absolutely no trolling, shamefully persistent or otherwise.
It's not and she has yet to learn the definition.

• Heart
Zero self aware strikes again. More stupid and clumsy to ‘forget’ your Lauren, Esther, Dawn past than ever admit, apologise and own it with some regret. Forgot, she is always on the right side of everything.

So I hadn't checked Sali's thread for about six weeks or so since her insta story. Wow. She really is batshit crazy. Does she not realise SHE is the one harassing people?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.