Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now it has come to light she has a book coming out early next year I think (as was talked about on here the other day so not an original thought by me) that she’s either

a) worried the whole Tattle thing will negatively impact the whole pre-sales push which no doubt she’ll have to flood her social media with or
b) the whole crying Troll was to gain followers and attention and ramp up traffic to her social media so she can pity-sell the book. Maybe she’s even added a chapter (read: short paragraph going by what she normally turns out) on trolling.
If b) that would show an astonishing level of hypocrisy bearing in mind her own online history.
I just don't get her whole attitude to this. I'm sure it can't be pleasant being talked about but she is a public(ish) figure who wants people to take her advice. We are well within our rights to discuss her. We do this staying here - rarely if ever straying to any part of her life. I'm sure she now thinks any negativity on her SM originates here but I don't think that is true. This place is easily avoidable. Just dismiss us all as a bunch of sad losers and get on with it.

Reactions: 8
If she is dumb enough to go on about this "bullying" and even include it in her book (the harrowing experience it was and the impact it had on her everyday life), she is (again!) inviting the public to go trough everything she herself has done to others. Someone in her camp, who has 2 brain cells left, should tell her to stop coming here, stop harassing people and go about her business. She has enough blind followers a.k.a. salinistas /the Khmer Rouge / whatever to live a comfortable life.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wow. I hope whoever was contacted is OK. That’s not cool at all. In fact, it’s deranged behaviour & probably harassment. Absolutely no call for it. If we were flooding her public channels with abuse (like she did with DoP), then that’s one thing, but piss-taking & critique on here is another. She’s obvs in a major panic & prob wanting to put the pressure on to get this thread taken down (a la Mumsnet threads about her). I think the book coming out is a major factor, as the timing really lays her open to scrutiny & this site is where all the receipts are.

Reactions: 16
There were a couple of brilliant people on this thread who were compiling the Wiki I think. Is that still ongoing?

I almost feel like there needs to be a sterile account of everything that’s happened (Dawn, Lauren Luke, mean tweets in general, lies about products, shady non disclosure) with no feelings attached whatsoever, just a list of receipts. You can’t argue with that! 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There were a couple of brilliant people on this thread who were compiling the Wiki I think. Is that still ongoing?

I almost feel like there needs to be a sterile account of everything that’s happened (Dawn, Lauren Luke, mean tweets in general, lies about products, shady non disclosure) with no feelings attached whatsoever, just a list of receipts. You can’t argue with that! 🤷‍♀️
I don’t even think it’s started to be honest.

Well, at least we know that all that false smiling and non-snippy comments on IG has been an act; behind the scenes she's clearly panicking about something and assumed that her tactics that worked with Mumsnet and Estee Laundry would work here. Contacting people individually via social media? Get help.

It's not like we formed a coven to bully you on Twitter...
Nor did we write to the Graun saying we could do a better job than you...
We haven't shouted at strangers in public and have our assistants record it for our group...

(If you're new, those are all things she did!)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am at Austrian-weight-loss-clinic levels of rage that she’s done that.

Whoever she’s contacted - I’m here for you, please reach out if you need to and... you’ve done NOTHING wrong.

Batten down the catflaps all - SH is panicking, big time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Wow. I hope whoever was contacted is OK. That’s not cool at all. In fact, it’s deranged behaviour & probably harassment. Absolutely no call for it. If we were flooding her public channels with abuse (like she did with DoP), then that’s one thing, but piss-taking & critique on here is another. She’s obvs in a major panic & prob wanting to put the pressure on to get this thread taken down (a la Mumsnet threads about her). I think the book coming out is a major factor, as the timing really lays her open to scrutiny & this site is where all the receipts are.
Precisely. Imagine for one second that what happened to Lauren Luke and DOP had been done to Sali. I keep coming back to it time and time again in my head. LL lost her job. DOP has said in an interview about online bullying that she lost a lot of work (from memory a documentary and magazine articles, maybe more). That’s so much stress, financial strain, worry that your career is over. I’m sure it actually MADE THEM ILL Sali. LL was sneakily (and quite publicly) bullied out of her job and Sali and many of her Twitter blue tick friends conducted a sustained, very public online bullying campaign against DOP. Imagine Sali had been subjected to any of this. She would be broken and I doubt strong enough to recover. She’s a major hypocrite, NOT remotely a nice person and deserves to reap what she sows quite frankly. In other words she had this (and way more if life was fair) coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I used to really like Sali & her tips - this place has sure been an eye opener! So glad she made that video & I found this place tbh :)

Reactions: 16
I don’t even think it’s started to be honest.
I think we should collectively get on with doing it when we each have a few minutes and work, kids etc allow. I think Sali Hughes has got away with enough at this point. It would also help to end her bullshit as it would be there plain to see (and fact-check) if needed

Reactions: 4
This Friday will make it six weeks.

I used to really like Sali & her tips - this place has sure been an eye opener! So glad she made that video & I found this place tbh :)
If you’re the same DollyDaydream from the forum and GTL, I would advise you to sign up under a new username. Otherwise she will be after you as well.

Reactions: 5
It feels like one of those situations where in six months time or whatever, when facts come to light, you go, ‘oh right so *that’s* why that person totally lost their tit six months ago’ but right now we’re all like WTAF is going on because it’s so nonsensical.

Lost job, lost income, projects being cancelled, relationship problems... who knows what is going on with anyone behind the scenes, but the problem is certainly not some obscure corner of the internet. It’s just easier to point the rage in this direction.

• Heart
Morning Skiddos!

Yes, the wiki! The mods opened but it's such a mammoth task to go back on the first thread and collate all the screeenshots that have been posted ever since. I think we need a 48 hour day to be able to do that. However, I suppose it's more needed than ever with Sally going batshit and contacting people via FB/Twitter/Instagram. If she contacts me I would just reply to her with the link of her wiki here and ask "Seriously? Do you really want to do that, biatch?"

Reactions: 2
G-d. I was totally calm last night when reading the PMs in question but now??! I’m furious.

I sound so arsey in that last post lol. Only because I very strongly suspect that’s what happened. But without proof you’re right of course, gotta stick to the facts. Thanks @GTL Old-Timer and @BettyDoodah

I’ve been quietly reading along since That Friday and didn’t expect to participate but just need to say WHAT THE ACTUAL duck?!

There must surely be something wrong/afoot. I certainly don’t wish her any ill but that is a horrible thing to do!

Love it on here by the way

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
This Friday will make it six weeks.
If you’re the same DollyDaydream from the forum and GTL, I would advise you to sign up under a new username. Otherwise she will be after you as well.
This is sage advice. My user name here is completely different from my GTL and SHB aliases (I used the same in both and it was an unusual one so she'd be able to spot me instantly).

It's not like we're hiding or doing something wrong but it's more to do with the fact that we really don't want the hassle of Sally and the Assistant coming after us and making us feel uncomfortable like what happened to our fellow forum mate yesterday.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.