Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t work out what she is gaining from the blocking. It must take ages. It must be such an effort. For what?
(This is kind of a genuine question, surely engagement is engagement adoring or otherwise)

Reactions: 2
How on earth did she find your work account!
It's an account I use for work, as opposed to my work's official account, if that makes sense, so a bit of cross referencing and it would have been very easy.

I am admiring of the dedication, but also mystified. Surely as an influencer having a high number of followers is key, and as a person in the public eye, you are, well, public, so people are going to see what you're up to? I assume most famous-es have a personal account for sharing photos of their children and so on, which wouldn't be open to the masses.

Reactions: 7
If she wasn’t deliberately trying to intimidate people I might actually feel sorry for her being that twisted

Reactions: 5
Generally interested to see if she could find me & block me, my name no where near my name on instagram. Yet I have been reading these threads and seems she is still able to block people, I don't comment on her insta or twitter posts. I asked her a question in a live video once when she was in NYC, I was going to NYC the week after and did buy what she recommended for my skin needs - used it once ha!!

It's an absolutely stupid, stupid thing to do. A friend of mine was once harassed via Twitter and the guy threatened her in a roundabout way. A quick Google search took her to his place of work. She informed his employer.

Contacting members individually when you're under new management? Come on, Sali, you have a brain.
Well, apparently she doesn't. I'm going to rename her Scarecrow Sally.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Generally interested to see if she could find me & block me, my name no where near my name on instagram. Yet I have been reading these threads and seems she is still able to block people, I don't comment on her insta or twitter posts. I asked her a question in a live video once when she was in NYC, I was going to NYC the week after and did buy what she recommended for my skin needs - used it once ha!!
She might block the individual who also uses your moniker.

Reactions: 1
Already said above I'm not the person in the FB groups etc, so lets see if she really reads this. I imagine this moniker is quite common, literally the first thing that came into my head when I had to make an account as I wanted to view the screenshots.

I'm confused as to what the 'end game' of this is for Sali? What is the point of tacking down and questioning people on Facebook who have written a few messages saying the column is past being useful?

Reactions: 8
I don't think she thought this through. She's just reacting without thinking and acting like a psycho stalker. If she messages anyone again, just laugh at her or answer like she answers her followers - 2 syllables tops.

Reactions: 2
Someone on the MOD/FOD thread shared a Twitter thread of people mocking FOD's insta, calling him a bleep etc. Those people are Twitter, and IRL friends, of Sali's. Just saying.
She might block the individual who also uses your moniker.
And everyone who asked for NY recommendations.

I don't think she thought this through. She's just reacting without thinking and acting like a psycho stalker. If she messages anyone again, just laugh at her or answer like she answers her followers - 2 syllables tops.
Yep/nope. I never use either of these after seeing how smug/knowing they come across in SH's SM replies.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s so focussed on squashing what she is stupidly choosing to see as a rebellion that she’s unwilling to follow basic crisis PR principles, mainly that the best way to minimise the bad is by addressing inaccuracies (set the record straight), apologise if necessary, let the dust settle and then create positive news/content/messaging to move the conversation on.

Of course, none of that’s going to work if you are hell bent on getting your way and make it a personal mission to squash any dissenters. How do you fix a crisis when your own behaviour and mindset is the crisis? Where on earth does she think this is going to end up?

Reactions: 8
I'm confused as to what the 'end game' of this is for Sali? What is the point of tacking down and questioning people on Facebook who have written a few messages saying the column is past being useful?
Honestly, I’m not sure there is a point. I’m getting narc rage vibes tbh.

Reactions: 5
Would I be upset at these Tattle threads if I was Sali? Of course.
It is harsh and it must seem unrelenting. Pretty much everything she dies on Twitter, IG and at the Guardian is commented on and mocked. We've really ripped into her (I know I have). But then I think of some of the posters who have said that they got into debt buying beauty stuff and blew £800 (or was it $?) on a NY "haul". Those who.made enquiries at Hershesons or Dr FPJ's clinic. Women if a similar age to SH who felt awful about their appearance bedire they knew about the weakly diluted tweakments and I just think duck her.
And that's without the ridiculous lies she spouted on That Friday. Some people would have been genuinely concerned about her (I saw followers saying that they had cried over it). One of her friend's children commented on that video. The way she lied and manipulated people rather than hold her hands up and say I fucked up. If she'd have apologised to the people she freaked out on IG, LinkedIn and FB. This thread would have run out of steam. Now I wish it to run and run...

Reactions: 11
She is taking on a real sinister role that does her no favours.

It doesn’t make you look good Sali, trying to guilt trip or intimidate people. Your ego needs to deflate a bit. In the grand scheme of things you are not important, we have every right to call out your bullshit and batshit behaviour. Self reflect a bit.

i also love how she literally thinks we are all dumb twats. The fact there are medical, legal, media people here actually makes us quite formidable. To whoever she has contacted, please don’t feel worried or concerned, she and her veiled threats are nothing. Having an opinion and posting it on a forum or social media platform is your right.
Love batshit & bullshit! Next thread title?!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What has been the content of the messages she’s sent directly to fb? Threatening? Passagg?

I feel like her endgame was to quash this place, just like she did with any talk at MN and Estee Laundry. All she had to do was threaten legal action with the former and they bowed fairly quickly (well, I know that MN did, EL, not entirely sure what happened there)

Then all the dissenting voices would be gone, and she could go back to her saleswoman, I mean, serious journalist with integrity life.

Except this is backfiring and she's coming across more Dear Leader having a strop

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.