Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Deciem have 23% off site wide and in store for all of November.

I wonder if they have a lot of stock. Good time to buy The Ordinary stocking fillers!

Reactions: 5
All the stuff I like is sold out 😭

Mind, it's so inexpensive, it doesn't really matter ...

Reactions: 2
My favourite lip balm is the Caudalie lip conditioner - it's in a white lipstick tube and costs about £6.

I use the L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream during the winter, nothing else compared to it, and when I tried to find a replacement, I'd end up buying 5 cheaper hand creams and not be satisfied, so duck it. My hands crack and bleed, I sometimes sleep with gloves on, if someone has a better option (cheaper and CF) I'm open to suggestions, haven't bought a new tube yet, but soon I'll have to.
It’s not luxurious but The Body Shop Hemp Hans cream is the best I’ve ever used and my hands bleed without it in the winter.

Reactions: 4
I use the L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream during the winter, nothing else compared to it, and when I tried to find a replacement, I'd end up buying 5 cheaper hand creams and not be satisfied, so duck it. My hands crack and bleed, I sometimes sleep with gloves on, if someone has a better option (cheaper and CF) I'm open to suggestions, haven't bought a new tube yet, but soon I'll have to.
Have you tried the Body Shop Hemp handcream? I have the driest hands in the land, have to wash them constantly for work, and this is the only thing that cuts it. And not “spenny” (loathe that word. Always have.)

Reactions: 5
Spendy is tolerable, spenny is not. It doesn't even make sense?

Reactions: 3
I thought of it as a cutesy and fun version of expensive. Again normalising excessive outlay as an exciting feminine pastime 🤔

Reactions: 3
If she has used data from the SHB forum to cross-reference and track critics then that is surely really serious? Can we request that any data held by SHB is deleted? I no longer trust her forum with my information.

Reactions: 11
Did anyone ever buy the La Mer lip balm that Sali used to recommend?
I’ve used it, it does feel and smell lovely but it’s a bit minty which always irritates my lips eventually and makes me question the brand, as why would they put a common irritant in something supposedly so good?

I don't see the yellow bag thread. Has it been taken down?
It was still there when I just checked. Embedded in a thread with a photo of the wonder bag and someone asking 'Anyone else got one?'. Hirons horrible rant now has about 150 likes.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It was still there when I just checked. Embedded in a thread with a photo of the wonder bag and someone asking 'Anyone else got one?'. Hirons horrible rant now has about 150 likes.
Oh in the group? I looked on her page

Oh in the group? I looked on her page
Ah yes it's on her group. And still going strong with people berating the poster who left/was kicked out hours ago. I hope the poster finds her way here tbh. I just don't get how Hirons thinks it is acceptable? She commented on the poster's job too as if that has anything to do with it. And yet places like here are beyond contempt? Never ever have people here used such disgusting aggressive language about anyone. Hirons really is a very unpleasant piece of work.
I'm on a few FB groups and none of them would allow a pile on of a person especially one using their real name.
I should leave the stupid group in principle but I'm too nosey 😂 .

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That behaviour belies the group description a tad: "A friendly place to talk and learn about all things skincare. This is a safe place for everyone ..."

Reactions: 2
That behaviour belies the group description a tad: "A friendly place to talk and learn about all things skincare. This is a safe place for everyone ..."
'Safe place' my arse it's like the bleeping Hunger Games in there.

Btw, and this is so petty I am well aware, but why has SH set herself up as some sort of authority on the wonderful Elizabeth Taylor? There are a stream of retweeted quite unremarkable anecdotes about her, fallen upon slavishly by SH and Lauren Laverne as proof of her 'sassiness'. Lauren even thinks 'she could've been our mate' 😂😂😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.