Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s just posted an ad for the Babyliss cordless straighteners with a picture of her straightening her hair on the train. On. The. Train. She’ll be clipping her toenails in public soon. 🤮 Good g-d she’s vulgar.

Is nothing sacred?!?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Everyone has their price. In a Pool article (still archived despite the site being offline) she said where the line is for make up on trains and that involves hair. Maybe not so much now.
Ha ha ha this kind of stuff always comes back to haunt them.

Reactions: 5
She’s just posted an ad for the Babyliss cordless straighteners with a picture of her straightening her hair on the train. On. The. Train. She’ll be clipping her toenails in public soon. 🤮 Good g-d she’s vulgar.

Is nothing sacred?!?
She’s more Influencer these days, an Influencer with a very small newspaper column and a couple of ‘paint by numbers’ books.

Not the hard bitten, social justice fighting journalist she’d like to be.

I still find it odd she didn’t congratulate Tilbury or Hirons for their achievement award (the beauty industry 🙄) , bit of the green eyed monster perhaps?

Column today - 3 products all made by L’Oreal brands, all tested on animals.

No mention of the significantly superior Paula’s Choice BHA, which also manages to be cruelty free. Interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The Paula's choice BHA is brilliant. I dab a tiny bit on spots during breakouts and the inflammation is gone after a couple of days

Reactions: 4

Is nothing sacred?!?
Ewww. No, just no. I don't care how busy you are. Do it at home ffs.

Once again I’m reminded that the best part of her columns was the comments BTL.

Of course, it’s brilliant she can’t lament their absence too much as it then begs the question that if it’s such a terrible loss because they were so good, why wasn’t she ever there.

It also goes to show that stopping the comments was obviously what she wanted, because it doesn’t make any sense from The Guardian’s POV, even more so as the weeks go by.

Reactions: 3
She’s more Influencer these days, an Influencer with a very small newspaper column and a couple of ‘paint by numbers’ books.

Not the hard bitten, social justice fighting journalist she’d like to be.

I still find it odd she didn’t congratulate Tilbury or Hirons for their achievement award (the beauty industry 🙄) , bit of the green eyed monster perhaps?
I thought it odd too, as she actually mentions someone else who received an award. Anyway what do these awards even mean?? The fact that CT had a lifetime achievement award says it all. Christ the woman is brilliant at marketing but her products are not really that much different to anyone elses

Sorry, that more money than sense comment was ill judged. If you want to spend £££ on products and they work for you then more power to your elbow!

Besides which, my beef is with dishonest and shady influencers, not anyone on here.

I'm not one to talk either - I once paid sixty quid for a foundation...😩

Reactions: 7
La Roche Posay, Vichy & Garnier all hardly cruelty-free, and calling Garnier's range "vegan" is misleading ,,,, but wow guys it's in recycled plastic.... much sustainable... who cares that it all ends up in landfill regardless. Plus the second ingredient of that one is alcohol, not too far off the old "astringent toners" that dried out our skin in our teen years before there were better options.

Last edited:
I thought those were deliberate weasel words. “a vegan formulation” or something.

Reactions: 1
Loads of comments in the Guardian were pointing out inconsistencies in her recommendations. I bet that's why she's so sad they had to close them for good...

Reactions: 8
I thought those were deliberate weasel words. “a vegan formulation” or something.
Yes, it’s like thinking shopping at Monki is more ethical than shopping at H&M, not realising these companies are only interested in preventing their own main lines from being cannibalised.

Reactions: 2
That behaviour belies the group description a tad: "A friendly place to talk and learn about all things skincare. This is a safe place for everyone ..."
"This is a safe place for everyone as long as they don't dare to disagree."

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The train picture with the Babyliss is just cringe. I will congratulate her on finally identifying the post as an ad.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.