Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, the cowardice Sali shows in the face of bullying DOP online, and getting Lauren Luke kicked off the Guardian is pretty galling [Pretty Galling - you read it here first!]
"Pretty Galling: A Memoir. A lifetime of lying, deceiving, bullying and misogyny"
*Available at Christmas in all disreputable bookshops. RRP £25 with the code ITHREATENANDLIE*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe I'm just really slow, but I just rewatched the video and the person she reminds me of most in the last minute when she really gives into demonstrable raging is a diagnosed narcissictic parent I have who also can't stand being called out on her behaviour and responds with 'you're just too sensitive!' shrieks and accusations.
No-one is ever absolutely right or absolutely wrong, and to me the most important part of this site is that there is awareness in these threads of partiality on both sides, which she misrepresents as absolutism, presumably because she is absolutist who knows her number's up.

Well it is to me. No more thinking, 'I'd like a new dress, I like that one Sali's wearing, I'll get it...o no, wait, I can't afford it. And not because i'm prepared to fork out nearly a quarter of a million quid on school fees.

Reactions: 10
I went through all my posts here after I saw the blocking, and think they are pretty measured. Maybe it’s just a coincidence? I joined Insta in 2012, so I am sure I have followed her since then. I have a pit five followers, so hardly a threat in terms of my influence!

She's just not cut out for "the internet". What's she going to make her poor assistant do? Delete everyone new or "suspicious" on everything until the END OF TIME or one of them perishes? She should stick to the safety of her commentless column maybe. Though that'll die a death. The comments sections for columns are everything. This whole thing was just an insane over-reaction to a bunch of folk chattering about you in a corner of the internet. Best not to visit if you're the kind of person with no resilience to criticism.

Reactions: 5
I can’t believe Sali is still deleting people. It really does make one wonder if she has anything else to hide. I’m starting to think that maybe she does

Reactions: 7
She is in a vulnerable place career-wise and it is easier to invent trolls to rage at than it is to address the real problems.

The guardian column has run its course and there’s no next step or equivalent replacement. The last book did not do so well. She is not a natural event host. It is difficult to fully embrace influencer life if you have made your reputation on bring honest and impartial. She has her gang but otherwise people don’t warm to her. She enjoys being acerbic on twitter but hates being held accountable for what she says. She wants to have a following for all the trappings it brings but only if it’s 100% on her terms and she’s never questioned.

You can only get away with bad behaviour for so long before enough people start to put two and two together. Weirdly the person speeding up the unravelling process is SH herself with the narcissistic rage video and all the internet stalking.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She is in a vulnerable place career-wise and it is easier to invent trolls to rage at than it is to address the real problems.

The guardian column has run its course and there’s no next step or equivalent replacement. The last book did not do so well. She is not a natural event host. It is difficult to fully embrace influencer life if you have made your reputation on bring honest and impartial. She has her gang but otherwise people don’t warm to her. She enjoys being acerbic on twitter but hates being held accountable for what she says. She wants to have a following for all the trappings it brings but only if it’s 100% on her terms and she’s never questioned.

You can only get away with bad behaviour for so long before enough people start to put two and two together. Weirdly the person speeding up the unravelling process is SH herself with the narcissistic rage video and all the internet stalking.
That, and the shrill diva-tone of counter-accusations that reveal some troubling real-life facets of an internet-constructed personality.
YOU LOT. YOU'RE ALL TROLLS AND BULLIES AND HAVE EMPTY LIVES.

I guess it's the one-dimensionality of her closing response that hints at the ability to lack subtlety when it mattes, and let anger take over despite 'legal advice to stay calm'.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why did her legal expert advise her stay calm? Why would her losing it jeopardise any legal action? Wierd.
@GTL Old-Timer the Rihanna comments came after Riri had appeared on the X factor (I think??) years ago in a bikini type outfit. SH had a burst of twitter outrage - now sadly deleted in the Great Twitter Purge - about how disgraceful and unsuitable when FAMILIES would be watching. As you point out it seemed totally at odds with her love of all things Madonna and 'owning it' (whatever that means). Other people on twitter weren't happy either with SH.

Reactions: 3
I think the latest round of blocking is for the same reason as snoooping LinkedIn and the notorious liking a FB photo - a headfuck. It's just to let commentators know they have been "unmasked" and thst she is all powerful and all seeing.

Why did her legal expert advise her stay calm? Why would her losing it jeopardise any legal action? Wierd.
Legal expert was doing a twofer on defamation advice and counselling services.

• Haha
Just had a quick twitter search re SH and Rihanna and of course her's have gone but there was a response to a deleted tweet asking SH why Rihanna should 'set a good example to little girls'? (which I presume is what SH had suggested). Can you imagine if someone asked her if Madonna should set a good example to little girls? What does it even mean?

Reactions: 4
Oh no. That is too good. So Rihanna, strong, sexy, confident, good singer = bad role model to little girls. Madonna, strong, sexy, confident, appalling singer = good role model to little girls. Wtaf 🤷‍♀️

Oh dear I really need to get off here. Apparently in Nov 2015 SH caused a minor twitter storm (her's deleted of course) by commenting, reading between the lines, that Little Mix dress too provocatively. I don't think they met The Pool demographic of 'Women we Love'.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
OMG. What a witch. And also - remember how rude and snippy she was about Pat McGrath in that Guardian interview? Can you imagine Sali writing like that about any white makeup artist?! She instantly shuts down any critique of CT (her Matte lipsticks are amazing though). And then C bleeping M mocks the nepalm girl, says she doesn’t give a tit about lack of diversity in girls while arselicking the incredibly racist Lena Dunham, and uses words like ****** that Sali later excuses. (Bigoted) Birds of a feather really do flock together.

Do excuse me for a few moments, ladies. My head is about to explode.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Well, I'd rather dress in a skimpy bikini than a wool codpiece.

OMG. What a witch. And also - remember how rude and snippy she was about Pat McGrath in that Guardian interview? Can you imagine Sali writing like that about any white makeup artist?! She instantly shuts down any critique of CT (her Matte lipsticks are amazing though). And then C bleeping M mocks the nepalm girl, says she doesn’t give a tit about lack of diversity in girls while arselicking the incredibly racist Lena Dunham, and uses words like ****** that Sali later excuses. (Bigoted) Birds of a feather really do flock together.

Do excuse me for a few moments, ladies. My head is about to explode.
It's Pat McGrath FFS, the makeup she did for shows, editorials etc. is unparalleled! I had a folder on my prehistoric PC with those images and would stare at them like I'm looking at Caravaggio's paintings. CT is a greased up feline flicK most of the time, repetitive, not inspiring at all.

Lena Dunham was the worst thing to happen to our species until super-gonorrhea.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think the latest round of blocking is for the same reason as snoooping LinkedIn and the notorious liking a FB photo - a headfuck. It's just to let commentators know they have been "unmasked" and thst she is all powerful and all seeing.

Legal expert was doing a twofer on defamation advice and counselling services.
Actually one of her pals liked a load of my Instagram photos yesterday - I thought nothing of it because we were following one another. That person has since unfollowed me. The irony of it all is that I had never even heard of this forum until That Friday.

• Wow
The 1st mention I can find is under an IG post about Magda Archer from 08/02/18 in response to a query. She uses the rather wriggley "I've had Botox in the past and will again". As Botox is done every 6 monyhs or so it's always going to be something that's that someone's had "in the past".
The next one I could find is under the video on IG video of her and D Maier in a taxi from April this year. Note how the "troll" is said to comment on SH's children and marriage just like we have been accused of. Also if it's known she has Botox why is soneone making a comment about her having Botox unkind or a troll? (Obvs don't know what other BlobFishy has made on past. They may be a terrible troll just like what we is)
And then I think it was mentioned in the podcast.
Each time she's mentioned it, she's apparently already revealed it in several articles which no one here is able to find a trace of which given we're made up of former fans and (let's be honest) hate-followers is really rather remarkable.
Edit: forgot to attach the bloody comments I'm referring to
I'm an ex SHB -er and followed her for years. Read her column, followed her on Twitter, read her Pool articles (don't do IG) Always had issues with her but dismissed them til the rage video made me suspicious, I came here and had my eyes opened. Anyway, I'm disgusted with her at this point but in the interests of accuracy, someone on one of these threads posted a link to an old Pool article about Olivia Colman using botox from several years ago where Sali does state that she herself has used it. The article was posted with two other Pool articles and everyone was saying they made no mention of her using botox herself but it's there in the final paragraph. I still agree that most of her followers including myself had no idea until recently (I don't remember reading that article when it was posted) but in the interests of fairness and accuracy it is there.

Reactions: 7
Am I the only shitstain blocked on ALL her SM? I want a bleeping crown!

Am I the only shitstain blocked on ALL her SM? I want a bleeping crown!
Oh ignore me, I thought I’d reached the end of the thread, what with me being a bleeping thick twit. There’s prob more like me. I don’t feel special any more! I’m off to make a new IG account & revive #povface in a bleeping whistles play suit. You lot are too skidmarky to join me. And obvs too #povface

Last edited:
  • Haha
(I)n the interests of accuracy, someone...posted a link to an old Pool article about Olivia Colman using botox from several years ago where Sali does state that she herself has used it. The article was posted with two other Pool articles and everyone was saying they made no mention of her using botox herself ...but in the interests of fairness and accuracy it is there.
The mention in the last paragraph is VERY sleight of hand. Yes, it can be argued she mentioned her own use but in a way that can easily be overlooked and misunderstood. Very shady and sneaky (which is why it wasn't widely picked up).

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.