Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she has a naturally strong jawline, I think that’s down to Botox. When people get cheek fillers they often get Botox in the jawline to make it more pronounced, it balances out the cheeks and makes them less noticeable, Trisha Paytas gets it done all the time and her jaw has become more prominent.
If you look at early vids and articles on the Guardian, she did have a strong Sophie Ellis Bector type jawline. Now, her face seems to resemble that of Sam Chapman as her chin seems more prominent. It has made her face look a lot longer. If you go to her Amsterdam stories on IG, there’s one where she looks like a brunette SJP because of the long face.

i’m assuming the face change is due to the fillers, which she did not need.

Reactions: 2
If you look at early vids and articles on the Guardian, she did have a strong Sophie Ellis Bector type jawline. Now, her face seems to resemble that of Sam Chapman as her chin seems more prominent. It has made her face look a lot longer. If you go to her Amsterdam stories on IG, there’s one where she looks like a brunette SJP because of the long face.

i’m assuming the face change is due to the fillers, which she did not need.
I’m thinking fillers too and I’d bet my skidmark she had work done by the same Dr as Sam.

Reactions: 1
These made me laugh. I don't know who she is and I can't think of anything witty to say about her tweets but I don't think she meant to give the impression that she does. Like her hair/wig though.
Oh, I’m familiar with this one. I used to follow one of her besties on Twitter (who was, surprise surprise, also a writer I discovered via The Pool) who I eventually had to unfollow because she was just so privileged and so up her own arse I couldn’t stand it anymore. The Pool was built from spit and sawdust? Hardly. Luvvies and nepotism was probably closer to the truth.

And I’m sure those tweets were utterly sincere. Without wishing to sound like a bitter old crone, a lot of young female writers like her are very convinced of their own greatness.

Fun fact, Sam Baker has been doing a lot of on stage interviewing of authors recently. Just finished a tour with (the notoriously difficult) Rose McGowan and she said was a doddle to work with compared to some of her colleagues at The Pool
Now THAT is something I wish we knew more about 🍿

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
And that’s to say nothing of the fact that super successful Sali does little else besides complain. In her forties she spends an awful lot of time dissecting her own teenage years in public. What is that? I find it very hard to believe she has faced much adversity in her life for the simple reason that she seems to have little to no knowledge of what it entails.
Free therapy?
Writing can be therapeutic, if she'd just realize the textbook projections staring back at her while she writes oversimplified categorisations of people.

I see the resemblance to SJP

View attachment 51489
Right, I came over here and was going to be all sanctimonious and call you lot out for commenting about her physical appearance and say that comments on physical appearance are out of order, etc, etc, etc.

Then I saw her husband's picture (1st time I'm seeing him) and maaaaan, can someone please tell the poor sod that those pudding bowl haircuts only looked good on the Mods back in the 60s, for crying out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I mean look at this pic. She didn’t need to have fillers. She looked so nice as she was. Whatever she has done now has in my opinion aged her.

View attachment 51548
she was beaut. I noticed that the work Renee Zellweger had has been undone to a certain extent, I liked the warmth in both her and sali's eyes before they were overly peeled wide eyed.

The article about failure which was linked upthread is incredibly problematic.

There are some things in life that simply are defining and they aren’t all the positive things. It’s not a million miles away from the ‘beating cancer due to being such a good fighter’ narrative.

Those who are quite understandably set adrift by difficult life circumstances do not need a national magazine with a woefully un-insightful opinion writer to add insult to injury.

I feel extremely strongly that this cliquey narrative is disgracefully elitist and victim blaming. Those of us who work for public services know that there is a huge raft of the population that remain hidden. To claim the world can be divided into people who learn from failure to better themselves and people who sink into it and complain is so unbelievably stupid.

And that’s to say nothing of the fact that super successful Sali does little else besides complain. In her forties she spends an awful lot of time dissecting her own teenage years in public. What is that? I find it very hard to believe she has faced much adversity in her life for the simple reason that she seems to have little to no knowledge of what it entails.
Thank you for articulating this so well. I'm quite privileged but fell through the cracks in the social/medical support systems a few years ago, but still seeing how its held, and will hold me back long term in many ways. It hasn't made more more grateful, happier, more resilient or finding 'true friends'. It was just a tit time with ongoing pain, anger and debts. Shame I don't have the connections to profit off it in a memoir.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Right, I came over here and was going to be all sanctimonious and call you lot out for commenting about her physical appearance and say that comments on physical appearance are out of order, etc, etc, etc.

Then I saw her husband's picture (1st time I'm seeing him) and maaaaan, can someone please tell the poor sod that those pudding bowl haircuts only looked good on the Mods back in the 60s, for crying out loud.
Yeah. He’s no Giles Coren 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 9
*yawn*

Thou shalt not criticise any blue-ticker near another blue-ticker
Nadine is enjoying the Kool-Aid then, sad as she actually seemed to be much more open / honest than some of the other gurus & influencers.

Reactions: 4
Did anyone buy her first two books? I think I must have been in deep! I found them both disappointing and I haven't read them twice (long gone to a charity shop!)

*yawn*

How rude 😂
My feelings are now terribly hurt. Btw is this a trolling site? We just stay here in our foul cave muttering to ourselves - how is that trolling? I don't mind Nadine actually. She seems a nice person on IG. They just don't like any dissent at all. Anyone pointing out 'erm you're lying' or 'erm you didn't say that last week' sends them scurrying around reassuring each other that people only complain because they are a) trolls b) bullies c) jealous.

Reactions: 9

I just read this. It starts ok. Yes try not to let failure destroy you but then it turns in to "but if it does it's your own fault". It sounds like something Priti Patel would write. Very Tory..."well I picked myself up by bootstraps....gravel for breakfast...etc".

This is a view often held by people who have never experienced true clinical mental illness for a sustained period....which is what causes many people to have these kind of big life failures.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
*yawn*

The biggest issue they have with this trolling site is people writing what they're not going to buy.
And the friendships they have to maintain in order to work would make me chew my wrists to the bone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Jfc if this is a trolling site then what do you call Facebook and twitter? I know I’ve said it before but the platform snobbery is out of control.

I remember on That Friday one of SH’s misguided supporters said they briefly ventured into this ‘cesspit’. And they said that ON TWITTER. Are you joking mate.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.