Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope not. The whole influencer culture is so damaging. I still follow a lot of them on IG but mainly to side eye the whole thing from a distance. Rather than being influenced they now have the opposite effect on me. Whenever I see them being paid to shill something or even just when they’re gifted the same thing en masse I immediately know I will never want or buy it.
Yes! It's like a reverse-influence, isn't it? I hate-follow a bunch on IG too, and disregard product for the same reason. There are a couple of French influencers I really liked, until I sussed they were shilling undeclared stuff too, but were just better at it lol

She’s back.
Flu again *poorlyface*
No mention of troll PTSD though. Curious?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh god CM's face-pulling is insufferable. Is some kind of tic? Does she do it all the time IRL?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Did they actually fly to Cornwall from London? Seriously? Please tell me that's a joke!

Oh god CM's face-pulling is insufferable.
Isn't it? Yes, she does it all the time. Been at it since her MM days as a precocious teen music journo.

Reactions: 5
It must be some kind of security blanket. Because it's a terrible trademark. Maybe she doesn't like the way she photographs

Reactions: 2
Nice to see the power trio of LL, CM and Sali letting someone else into their exclusive girl gang.

High level cringe at Lauren’s “LADS LADS LADS” comment. Because in jokes are crucial when you flaunt your meeja friendships across social media.

Isn’t it? Yes, she does it all the time. Been at it since her MM days as a precocious teen music journo.
WHOA. Was C(IMM)M a PRECOCIOUS TEEN MUSIC JOURNO? She never said!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Isn't that a terrible coincidence that she had flu (a week a half with no voice, poor thing), sick kids AND a bereavement all in the space of one month? The exact time frame since Freaky Friday?
*Miranda face to the camera*

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Bless, looks like a proper Jolly! Is it me, or CM looks permanently pissed in all photos? I bet the trip chat was riveting.

Also, while we are at it, I’d much prefer if Shaun Keaveny came back to doing the 6 Music morning slot. I don’t want LL’s fake posh accent and bouncy cheer in my mornings. I need the proper gloom and sarcasm that SK delivered with such an aplomb to the start of every day. Much truer to life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I miss Shaun in the morning a lot too.

Moran's photo face is a feminist stance - mugging over the "me so pretty" expectations of women when they have their photos taken. I've read this I think.

Reactions: 4
Also, while we are at it, I’d much prefer if Shaun Keaveny came back to doing the 6 Music morning slot. I don’t want LL’s fake posh accent and bouncy cheer in my mornings. I need the proper gloom and sarcasm that SK delivered with such an aplomb to the start of every day. Much truer to life.
Totally. Stuart Maconie this week has been a breath of fresh air, he is much more my morning style too. I occasionally get the chance to listen to Shaun’s afternoon show, such a treat!

Reactions: 6
I know it’s probably just the lighting or something, but the grouting that Caroline Hirons has photographed her box on does not look good...

• Haha
I’m really interested in this stuff. I probably wouldn’t partake yet but in the future I probably would look into it rather than put the same amount of money into serums and creams which we all know have a very limited power
I’d like to get started with this kind of thing now. Prevention being better than cure, as they say.

Reactions: 3
I’m really interested in this stuff. I probably wouldn’t partake yet but in the future I probably would look into it rather than put the same amount of money into serums and creams which we all know have a very limited power
Speaking as someone with 20+ years experience of cosmetic treatments and procedures (CACI, Botox, filler, HIFU) I would say there's as much smoke and as many mirrors in this area as there are in the world of serums and creams. It's just as easy to waste £000s on a treatment that doesn't meet expectations as it is to waste £0s on a serum/cream. I've found very little reliable, critical journalism in this area.

Having said that though, I will spend £500 on Botox twice a year but won't pay £50 for a serum.

Reactions: 10
Oh my god, the mould! I hadn’t noticed, but now I can’t NOT see it 🤢

Reactions: 1
I don't understand how CH is meant to be in any way "aspirational"

Reactions: 4
Did they actually fly to Cornwall from London? Seriously? Please tell me that's a joke!

Isn't it? Yes, she does it all the time. Been at it since her MM days as a precocious teen music journo.
Yes they flew to Cornwall. If only there were decent trains or roads/ National Express routes there. Oh.
But I'm sure the trip was absolutely vital to justify the extravagance.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.