Sali Hughes #61 She simply cannot countenance a sequin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah! It reminds me of Serge Lutens’ Fille Berlin (?) which I’ve wanted for a while. I’ll get the Lush one instead and save myself £££
Oh I love Serge lutens. I used to wear jeaux de peau a lot, then feminite du Bois. I loved the iris one too and la fille de Berlin. Oof.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh I love Serge lutens. I used to wear jeaux de peau a lot, then feminite du Bois. I loved the iris one too and la fille de Berlin. Oof.
I’ve only got Five O’Clock Gingembre which love and wore on my wedding day. I’ve got Ambre Sultan on my wishlist. I’m sad Liberty don’t stock them online because I would def have spent my £20 a month saving up for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I really love Jeux De Peau too! I didn't think that many people knew about it. I can't get on with feminite de bois and I also don't like Apres L'Ondee and I realised that they both have this violet note that I find kind of fake and chalky and unpleasant. I adore Chergui and Arabie - managed to get a cream box Arabie (pre L'Oréal buy-out) from ebay. It is like christmas pudding. Bapteme Du Feu is very interesting as well, it smells like fireworks night.

JdP is one of my favourites, along with Fille en Aiguilles (smells like mince pies and Christmas trees).

I want to try the rest of the LBTY fragrances now but I’m nowhere near London and the travel sizes are pricey so I’ll step away slowly I think 🤣

I'm a Fleurs d'Oranger girl myself, but Sali once said Caitlin Moran wears it. Ugh.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
This chat makes me realise I'm so basic when it comes to perfume, I do not want to smell like mince pies or fireworks night 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
You mean she doesn’t wear Cosmoss sacred mist?
She did a Vogue (I think) video where she said she started every day with an aura cleanse with Cosmos’s sacred mist and her affirmations.

Times have changed

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She did a Vogue (I think) video where she said she started every day with an aura cleanse with Cosmos’s sacred mist and her affirmations.

Times have changed
She did that Christmas video in December too. It was hilarious. Bless her.

Only in a bell jar I think.
The bell jars are stunning. I got one in the only SL I like, Fleurs de Citronnier, but haven't used up my previous bottle yet. I find these days I really have to be in the mood for wearing perfume otherwise it annoys me following me wherever I go. I used to have a bad perfume habit but either Covid or menopause has made my nose super fussy and irritable (a bit like its owner).

I have a little lemon tree which lives in my porch in winter, and when the flowers come out it smells EXACTLY like the SL. I was surprised how heady the scent is, not fresh and light.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I live in Rome and the orange flowers in spring are so intense. Almost headachy.

I am considering treating myself to jdp now....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There’s a Penhaligons fragrance which I thought smelt like oranges in the sun but both Mr. Crumbs and Ma Crumbs said it smelt like cucumbers so I haven’t bought it yet.

i want a perfume that smells like Imperial Leather soap.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s a Penhaligons fragrance which I thought smelt like oranges in the sun but both Mr. Crumbs and Ma Crumbs said it smelt like cucumbers so I haven’t bought it yet.

i want a perfume that smells like Imperial Leather soap.
Imperial Leather was what we used when I was a kid. You've made me nostalgic for it, so I've just ordered some. It's not available in the US, except for British specialty stores/imported via Amazon

Reactions: 3
I kind of agree, @Loobloo. That’s the second time that hand cream has been in a Liberty box. I’ve still got the first one. Repeating items from previous boxes is a bit crap and I hope it doesn’t happen again. I really liked that perfume but it smells a lot like the Rose Jam perfume Lush does which I already have so I won’t be spending over £200 on it!
I'd forgotten about Lush perfumes until you posted this! I used to absolutely love their Ginger (I think it was called?) one. Beautiful. Their prices have skyrocketed though 😬

Nobody has mentioned She Here's column 😂. It really is completely irrelevant now isn't it? About the amount of beetles used to make red lipstick. I actually was quite surprised tbh - I assumed almost all lipstick was vegetarian these days. I didn't think Sali (she's a vegetarian you know) would be happy owning quite so many red lippies then.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.