Sali Hughes #61 She simply cannot countenance a sequin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imperial Leather was what we used when I was a kid. You've made me nostalgic for it, so I've just ordered some. It's not available in the US, except for British specialty stores/imported via Amazon
I thought we did stock Imperial Leather in Canada but we don't...we must have brought a bar back with us from a holiday in England, I remember seeing the sticker on the soap! That would have been in the 80s. We do have and buy Pears soap sometimes.
---
Nobody has mentioned She Here's column 😂. It really is completely irrelevant now isn't it? About the amount of beetles used to make red lipstick. I actually was quite surprised tbh - I assumed almost all lipstick was vegetarian these days. I didn't think Sali (she's a vegetarian you know) would be happy owning quite so many red lippies then.
I either didn't know about the beetle usage or filed it deep away. 😕 I'm sure there can be no compromise on the knickers pistol for our fave vegetarian. She probably feeds bread to the ducks too because tradition.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
They still use cochineal? In the year 2024?
I know. I was amazed too. But she's given herself a get out clause - you only have to be a vegan to not use them. Surely vegetarians shouldn't either? As it isn't an animal by product used, but dead animals?

Screenshot_20240120_053441.jpg

Reactions: 1
I couldn’t stop myself and used the link in the column to find out more about the AI foundation. Influenced for the first time in ages. 🙈
I’m struggling with foundation at the moment. Nothing I have looks or feels quite right. Do any of you use MAC face and body? I tried that on the back of my hand when rushing through the shops yesterday and it didn’t feel too bad.

I couldn’t stop myself and used the link in the column to find out more about the AI foundation. Influenced for the first time in ages. 🙈
I’m struggling with foundation at the moment. Nothing I have looks or feels quite right. Do any of you use MAC face and body? I tried that on the back of my hand when rushing through the shops yesterday and it didn’t feel too bad.
I'm going through a foundation slump too. I can't ever seem to find the right shade but am too stingy to buy another after I've got the wrong one. Am consequently using up a Rimmel Lasting Radiance (previously called Wake me Up) which is far too pale 😂 though I love the formulation. Very creamy and glowy.
I've only ever heard good things about Face and Body. Not just from She Here. I always assumed from the name, as it was for body too it might be a bit cakey or chalky, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Armani luminous silk is amazing. It’s always on offer on look fantastic. Sculpted is great too, the hydratint is perfect for a very natural look. The thing with custom blend foundations is that I am not confident in my choices so while I might choose a matte finish, a natural finish might suit me better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
YSL Touché eclat foundation has been a game changer for me . Been using it for years now and it doesn’t sit in wrinkles or stick to dry patches. I’m 55 and combination skin . I love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It took me a while too. I think she's saying that red lipsticks are often the only lipsticks in the range that aren't vegan, and most other lipsticks in a range will be vegan.

Reactions: 7
Lisa Eldridge's foundation is excellent, super light weight and a very wide range of shades. You can get sample cards with little bubbles of 4 foundations on.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.