Sali Hughes #60 I will put you in a folder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont know about all of you, but every single conference I've ever been to has never involved refreshments (other than a shaky table with nescafe and uht samples on it), nor goody bags, nor colour coordinated floral dinner settings in atmospherically dimmed rooms complete with personalised menues. But, heck, maybe that's just me.

It's lol how both Hughes and Hirons are trying to dress this up as a scientific conference above all else.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I dont know about all of you, but every single conference I've ever been to has never involved refreshments (other than a shaky table with nescafe and uht samples on it), nor goody bags, nor colour coordinated floral dinner settings in atmospherically dimmed rooms complete with personalised menues. But, heck, maybe that's just me.

It's lol how both Hughes and Hirons are trying to dress this up as a scientific conference above all else.
Yep! It’s not a conference, it’s a bribe

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I’ve been to a couple run by legal firms who put on a decent spread. Not quite goody bag territory though 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Definitely got food (quality of food definitely depends on the hotel it's being hosted at) and swag...way too much swag. Floral dinner settings with atmospheric lighting and personalised menus, however... well a girl COULD dream that the waste management industry could ever be that chic.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Definitely got food (quality of food definitely depends on the hotel it's being hosted at) and swag...way too much swag. Floral dinner settings with atmospheric lighting and personalised menus, however... well a girl COULD dream that the waste management industry could ever be that chic.
I’ve been to a couple run by legal firms who put on a decent spread. Not quite goody bag territory though 😂
*adds Legal Firms, Waste Management (fancy hotels only), and Shiseido Blagger to list titled "Dream Job Moves"*

As you said, a girl can dream!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This time I'm resisting. £24 is quite a lot and although the green one does appeal, I found a whole load of old ones in a drawer the other day. I could have been swayed if there had been a purply blueish one to get 2, for free shipping but I'm broke at the mo so no.
---
Two browns is too much brown!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The gold has me v intrigued! But will await a tattle review cos £24 is silly (and with no chance of 10% off first order, 20% off Black Friday etc)

Reactions: 8
Legal firms = decent snacks. That’s a legal fact!
I LIKE YOUR GREEN DRESS SALI WHERE’S IT FROM?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe someone who never irons, ironed an expensive dress. I’d be shitting myself and with her cash ( access to freebies) as a founder, I’d pay to get it pressed!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Honestly those Vampires Wife dresses don't look as if they require ironing tbh. The material is so crinkly and scratchy looking.
I wonder what elaborate treat has been laid on for our intrepid beauty science geeks to justify having to sit through one power point presentation about molecules.
Maybe Sal can roll out her second wedding dress.

• Haha
I fear it was also an attempt at 'look here you beefy troles, tis I, the great Sali Hughes: published author, acclaimed journo, esteemed Dog rescuer and recognised expert on absolutely everything. As you may recall, I am so utterly tiny, despite oll of my potato chinning and shunning of cardio, that my wedding dress will ollways fit me like a glove. I'd wager you a tube of my #PRESSSAMPLE Cle de Peu SPF and a Hershehereshesons barrel waver, that you sweaty, porky, beef faces couldn't say the same" followed by insufferable patronising sneer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Honestly those Vampires Wife dresses don't look as if they require ironing tbh. The material is so crinkly and scratchy looking.
I wonder what elaborate treat has been laid on for our intrepid beauty science geeks to justify having to sit through one power point presentation about molecules.
Maybe Sal can roll out her second wedding dress.
They look like they'd go up in flames anywhere near heat

• Haha
They look like they'd go up in flames anywhere near heat
They look so much like Barbie dresses (so au courant!) I'd expect to see excess, fraying fabric at the seams when you turn them inside out.
I'll say one thing for Tiny S, she's playing 3-D chess with the amount of humblebrag, cool girl (who does she wish she was, one of the Pink Ladies from Grease? Just missing the cigarette) and not your average influencer she can jam into a story/tik tok. You guys, she's practically storyboarding.

The ongoing "checking on the goldfish/hamster" pose, I think it's here to stay. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.