Sali Hughes #60 I will put you in a folder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone here hear Face Blanket in the style of Peter Kay saying Garlic Bread. Face?...Blanket?
Possibly just me. I'll quietly log off...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Honestly those Vampires Wife dresses don't look as if they require ironing tbh. The material is so crinkly and scratchy looking.
I wonder what elaborate treat has been laid on for our intrepid beauty science geeks to justify having to sit through one power point presentation about molecules.
Maybe Sal can roll out her second wedding dress.
Those dresses look like ones you can find in tkmaxx, nothing special.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
can't lie, I really was hoping for something that colour too. I know I will fold - will report back!
A nice cool burgundy instead of a second brown would have swung it for me. Brown looks like poop on me, gold looks yellow and black makes me look like Keith Richards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Face blanket sounds like an oxymoron, even a little...threatening. "It's a blanket...for your FACE." #salivoice 💎

• Haha
She keeps adding products. A face mist is looming on the horizon. I don't care as I'll never buy any of it anyway, but as @Aude pointed out the whole ethos behind it was a self contained capsule collection. Simplifying skincare. That was it's USP.
What happened to that principle?
🤑

Reactions: 16
She keeps adding products. A face mist is looming on the horizon. I don't care as I'll never buy any of it anyway, but as @Aude pointed out the whole ethos behind it was a self contained capsule collection. Simplifying skincare. That was it's USP.
What happened to that principle?
🤑
Yes. When the collab launched she said explicitly that she would not be adding more products because they were all that were needed.

I feel inclined to revive an earlier thread title suggestion. Sali Hughes #61 Simplifying skincare so she can complicate it again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That was mine 😊

I find the whole lazy notion of "choice feminism" so frustrating and disheartening. Whatever you do is fine as long as you chose to do it, no further intellectual inquiry or self-reflection required. Everything is "empowering". Anyhow, here, finally, is a piece challenging it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Talking of her Revolution collab, I was amused by the way it's described on her agent's website:

1694120829141.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
that’s some serious heavy spin lifting
I've a feeling she writes her own blurb for the agent's website. Another dizzyingly spun extract:

1694122634795.png

My recollection is that the first episode charted somewhere in the podcasts top 30 but thereafter failed to make even the top 100.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I've a feeling she writes her own blurb for the agent's website. Another dizzyingly spun extract:

View attachment 2433372

My recollection is that the first episode charted somewhere in the podcasts top 30 but thereafter failed to make even the top 100.
I'm not surprised. I couldn't even be bothered to listen to get nicely irritated after two of them they were so dull.
Sali is a terrible interviewer. She lets the interviewee drone on for ages boasting and telling dull stories or selling something.
And the couple I listened to didn't even do what they were meant to ie talk about the actual products they use.

Reactions: 7
I love how torn she is about working with Revolution
I know - it's hilarious. She is such a terrible snob. I bet she sees most Superdrug/Revolution products as dupes and therefore ghastly. Her internal justifying dialogues must be fascinating 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Definitely got food (quality of food definitely depends on the hotel it's being hosted at) and swag...way too much swag. Floral dinner settings with atmospheric lighting and personalised menus, however... well a girl COULD dream that the waste management industry could ever be that chic.
The thought of Tiny Soprano at a “Waste Management” conference, chewing gum and brandishing her face blanket has amused me no end.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.