Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Loobloo

VIP Member
True Story - I found a makeup brush on the train today!

One of Snippys long lost, replaced with ease at Brighton Station Superdrug brushes no doubt.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

Missypissy

The back up fucking cheesegrater. She never opened a dishwasher mid cycle to retrieve something? Is there no problem so small that she won't throw money at it?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Loobloo

VIP Member
I'm just sitting here smiling proudly at people saying Tiny Soprano, like how I imagine parents feel when their offspring go out into the world and flourish.

Don't mind me. *smug and contented face*

• Haha
  • Heart

MissHavisham

VIP Member
‘I was once shouted at by an extremely defensive brand founder for saying this, but I stand firm’

I wonder if Sal was looking in the mirror when she was shouted at by this extremely defensive brand ‘founder’

• Haha

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
I dont know about all of you, but every single conference I've ever been to has never involved refreshments (other than a shaky table with nescafe and uht samples on it), nor goody bags, nor colour coordinated floral dinner settings in atmospherically dimmed rooms complete with personalised menues. But, heck, maybe that's just me.

It's lol how both Hughes and Hirons are trying to dress this up as a scientific conference above all else.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I remember Oaf Hirons was praising Fizzy about how she was a girls girls and she was the type of friend who would pull you aside and say I love you but you look like a right dog. That honestly sounds like an awful friend to me
And the implication that if you can't take it you aren't a good friend.
I've bored people before with my story of a good friend drunkenly telling me I needed botox. And I know she was a good friend but I genuinely hated it as I'd made an effort to look nice (it was a Christmas party) and it just put a downer on things. Btw this was 10 years ago and I still haven't had any 😂
But I rarely give compliments either as I'm not a big fan of just noticing appearances - seems a bit judgy. Sali makes a big deal of 'I always give compliments at book signings or to strangers and they always love it' being such a girls girl 🥰 Like Fizzy saying 'wow I love your shoes' is such validation.

• Heart
  • Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
The editing of that "thing's I've bought" video is hilarious, from chili sauce to perfume within a nanosecond.

also, vichy can fuck off with that menopause-themed skincare shit.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
Sali and her rules. Never repeating a shade twice in a row. Heaven forbid 😱
This is the first time I've read her column in ages. Glad to see it's as smug and earnest as ever. Her faux horror at frosted shades is peak Sali. You're still a grown woman painting your nails, love, and obediently following trends like a mindless consumer. Imagine being this age and still not settling on your own style. I feel almost sad for her and her IG life

Last edited:

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
She’s over them since they became more accessible and no longer exclusive to just rich beauty nerds

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
'I will put you in a folder' olways reminds me of this

Sali's impotent rage against trolls will never not be hilarious. Her threats of police and folders 😂 I think she threatened lawyers back in the good old days when it was all fields around here.
She's done so well out of flogging snake oil. You would think she might accept our Greek chorus of commentary might be a price worth paying.

• Haha

Pavlova&Cream

I just hope dear Jean has also written to complain about expensive cars being reviewed in The Guardian. Otherwise she will sadly fail Sali’s Feminist Sniff Test.

• Haha

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
“That one friend who tells you…” it’s been a decade or two since any of my friends gave that advice to each other because we‘re not teenagers? W all have our own identities, we all follow the fashion/grooming/style which suits us and we care less about what others think?
So true. And has Sali not realised that not caring what others think goes hand in hand with not caring what your friends look like. So what if they do look 'like a right dog'? They've probably got small children, trying to run a home and work full time. Telling them they need to smarten themselves up/be more glamorous etc is the sort of thing that can be left to insensitive mothers and mothers in law.

• Heart