Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Zero Hard Feelings.

Actually absolutely loads of Hard Feelings random commenter pointing out Fashion doesn’t fit Sali’s ‘area of expertise’.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
“Hi Sal, as a friend, I’d like to address the fact that you think the term “fizzy knickers” is an acceptable thing for a grown woman to say - because frankly it’s turned my stomach and I’m not sure I can look you in the (heavily highlighted) face again. Ok cheers, bye”

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Aude

VIP Member
1696070058240.png

So she met up with a friend who just happened to have about his person some hair extensions and the various tools needed for fusing the bonds and cutting them to length? She didn't actually decide to have some filler extensions and go to his salon?

And is 'a few' the extensions equivalent of 'a weak dilute'?

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I am loving Sali’s absolute failure to read the room. we’re all broke you putz! We’re wearing the plastic NewLook fendi shoe rip offs if we’re lucky.
Wot? Aren't you ordering numerous identical cashmere jumpers ('it's a little pricey but worth it' OH FUCK OFF) and Victoria Beckham lipsticks?
She really is an insufferable smug twat.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm sorry but I honestly feel that categorizing women as 'girls girls who wouldn't shag your husband' and 'girls who would' is a form of misogyny
Isn't it. And nothing to do with the helpless husband of course. Just those terrible predatory 'girls' stealing Dan and Pete Paphides.
And what a strange barometer of being a 'girls girl' anyway - how it relates to being an appendage to your husband.

(Anyway I'm not so sure about Trinny being a girls girl anyway, she made some fairly unkind remarks alluding to Nigella after the Saatchi 'strangling' her business).

• Heart
  • Haha

Loobloo

VIP Member
I fear it was also an attempt at 'look here you beefy troles, tis I, the great Sali Hughes: published author, acclaimed journo, esteemed Dog rescuer and recognised expert on absolutely everything. As you may recall, I am so utterly tiny, despite oll of my potato chinning and shunning of cardio, that my wedding dress will ollways fit me like a glove. I'd wager you a tube of my #PRESSSAMPLE Cle de Peu SPF and a Hershehereshesons barrel waver, that you sweaty, porky, beef faces couldn't say the same" followed by insufferable patronising sneer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Leonard

I have excess facial hair, it’s part of a medical condition. It’s not always easy to be free of chin hairs. I’m massively self conscious about it. It’s not something I’ve even really discussed with my friends but I don’t need to? They’re my friends. They don’t love me because they believe I am hair-free on my face and therefore the presence of some stray hairs should not change their opinion of me.

Wait till she finally admits she is no longer ‘not there yet’ but is actually ‘there’, then see how she likes it…
I do too - hate it. And the (misplaced, irrational) shame I feel about it means I wouldn’t want to discuss it with my friends. During my twenties a friend once offered me unsolicited advice about how to get rid of them (of course i’d already tried everything). She did it in a kind of big sister “I’d want someone to tell me” kind of way. But it actually felt quite humiliating

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
Jessica DeFino writes very scathingly of the contemporary beauty industry on her Substack too. It is very fun/entertaining to have Jessica writing lines like this for the same company Sali writes for.
1698926548266.png

Pleased to see her say this. The hospitality lavished on beauty writers and influencers is one of the aspects of the beauty industry that I despise the most. Given that offering and/or accepting a bribe is illegal, I do wonder how they get away with it.

• Heart

digsydelilah

Chatty Member
I was just about to say that I feel a bit sorry for Dan but ugh, no, how soon I forget. Who makes "yer mum" jokes in their 50s? No man I'd want to be around, let alone marry. He and Tiny Soprano deserve each other, two immature jerks in a pod filled with product Sali will never finish using.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Well I listened to Crushed. Of course they were both showing off terribly 😂
🤓 isn't like other women btw in that she doesn't find conventionally attractive men attractive. Some of hers were Bob Mortimer, Basil Brush, James Dean Bradfield, Guy Garvey, Johnny Marr.
She told that story of 'a girl group' (It was Girls Aloud) leaving a piece of paper saying 'Fucking slag' for her and all the other women on the shoot. But this isn't true is it? Original version is they wrote on her notebook 'fucking bitch' and it was solely directed at her.
Also slight retelling of the Obamas story. She said she got criticised for saying they were 'hot'. Er no it was because she said they looked like they were off for a shag.
She kept naming non public individuals too, her first crush and first boyfriend, which I found uncomfortable. Also a girl who wrote 'Sali Hughes is a hore' on the school toilet walls. This person later tried to friend her on FB, so Sali looked her up and laughed at her photos and named her.
🤪 was of course utterly ghastly. Told outright lies in that Jeff Buckley gave her a late night booty call and she turned him down, and that she had her period on Benedict Cumberbatch's parent's white sofa. She really is a dreadfully tiresome individual. How 🤓 puts up with her is astonishing. She is a crashing bore.

• Sick
  • Wow

melfish

VIP Member
I mean, good for you but it is absolutely debilitating for some women.
Surgical meno is a neverending hellscape without HRT. Ovaries continue to make low amounts of hormones post-menopause. Without even those, you are screwed. Your bones, your heart, your brain. It's not just about hot flashes and mood swings.

• Heart
  • Sad

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
"I'd do plain and a glitzy bag at most (unless Hush are paying me to stand awkwardly by the drinks trolley in a rose gold leather skirt)".
What can you mean? 🤔

Screenshot_20231108_191435.jpg

But seriously Sali is just so cool. I'm in awe. Sigh. Not like other girls.

• Haha
  • Wow
I dont know about all of you, but every single conference I've ever been to has never involved refreshments (other than a shaky table with nescafe and uht samples on it), nor goody bags, nor colour coordinated floral dinner settings in atmospherically dimmed rooms complete with personalised menues. But, heck, maybe that's just me.

It's lol how both Hughes and Hirons are trying to dress this up as a scientific conference above all else.
Yep! It’s not a conference, it’s a bribe

• Heart