Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Here's the quote

Honestly, I think I would burst into tears if a friend said this to me and acted like they were doing me a favour. With friends like that etc

"Sali Hughes (to the very few uninitiated) is a brilliant, straight-forward-talking, no-nonsense beauty writer that talks to you like she’s that friend. You know the one. The one who says ‘You know I love you but you look a right dog and frankly that chin needs a pluck.’"

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

melfish

VIP Member
Is this really a genuine question? Does anyone ever seriously think 'my God, my eyebrows are like straw, I can't do a thing with them!'?
God, is there any part of a woman's body that doesn't require special treatments or enhancements? The beauty industry is a crock

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
What in the everything fuck is going on with that photoshoot?

Menopause is For Other Women. "Hormones" is for Sali. I mean, call a spade a spade, Sali, ffs they've paid* you to do so! Vichy have an entire menopause range (and new peri-menopause range that this actual launch is for) which imo is aimed at selling repackaged moisturisers and serums by scaring the everloving bejeezus out of women by telling them that collagen loss, sagging, disconfort, and dusty dusty hagdom is heading their way unless they allow Vichy to lend a hand. But, nope. Our Sal cant even mention the words they have on the boxes because, you know, Cool Girls are never There.

*sorry, "not paid" but "ad/pr experience." Can't wait to rock up to a fancy hotel in my polyester silk pyjamas and whip out my "pr experience" card rather than my debit card.
Thank you for this brilliant post. We've gone from 'we should talk more about menopause and make it less of a stigma' to 'let's make the menopause something to be scared of and let's make a whole industry out of it'

• Heart
  • Sad

Pavlova&Cream

They must be back from their holiday. Or at least trying to.
No idea where they are in Greece but they don't actually seem to do anything apart from beach then out for dinner. And in Sali's case make videos and tiktoks.

View attachment 2413177

Imagine being on a delayed flight with Sali 😬 She’d start a New Folder for passenger infractions, turbo-charge her plane beauty routine thus asphyxiating her fellow travellers, and generally make the “does your bag have a ticket” saga look like tea party.

First time I’ve missed her on Twitter. We could have had live reportage.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
How does Sylvie know if men are heterosexual? How strange.
Thank fuck Sylvie was rehomed with Sali instead of, say, the UK branch of the Westboro Baptist Church or somesuch, the little snitch.

Re: menopause marketing- I don't think I've ever seen so many women become more anxious about something in my life than since the spin went from "Let's talk about this" to "Let's talk about how you'll crumble into an old husk unless you do this and buy this." I'm not one for being swayed much, but even I've felt a bit bleak about ☆~The Future Me~☆ sometimes when I'm at a low point mood-wise, and it's all because of this weird, super-promoted and insidious pivot that's been done to try and terrify us into lining the pockets of beauty brands. The influencers should be ashamed to be part of it tbh. They won't be, because 🤑, but still.

• Heart
  • Haha

Aude

VIP Member
She keeps adding products. A face mist is looming on the horizon. I don't care as I'll never buy any of it anyway, but as @Aude pointed out the whole ethos behind it was a self contained capsule collection. Simplifying skincare. That was it's USP.
What happened to that principle?
🤑
Yes. When the collab launched she said explicitly that she would not be adding more products because they were all that were needed.

I feel inclined to revive an earlier thread title suggestion. Sali Hughes #61 Simplifying skincare so she can complicate it again.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She had two of those dresses for her wedding didn't she anyway?
I suppose wearing an expensive dress more than once counts as carbon offsetting for She Here, what with flying to Barcelona for an entirely unneccesary press junket to flog more overpriced product to women.
Almost makes her an eco warrior.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Spanner

Chatty Member
Be kind please, everyone. Sali probably has some important scientific research to do because, lest we forget, she is “small, sweary, nerdy” so this is well within her remit. And also she is the <AD-FOUNDER> of a brand so she’s probably just taking a break from 24/7 in the lab. It’s not just a freebie press trip, no way. It’s full of sciences tiniest, swearist, nerdiest minds

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Yes, I've read that before but she didn't name her or give any other identifying details (apart from the the pint pot tit which may or may not be true)
Well we know she has form for stalking people's Facebook.
I really don't get her at all. So fucking precious about her privacy (with things she herself put in the public domain). Yet names and shames someone who pissed her off when she was 12. Fucks sake she's nearly 50.
Sometimes I think I may have been harsh towards her and feel slightly guilty. But then she pulls shit like this and I remember why my first instinct was right and that she is a dreadful petty self righteous twat.

• Heart
I remember Oaf Hirons was praising Fizzy about how she was a girls girls and she was the type of friend who would pull you aside and say I love you but you look like a right dog. That honestly sounds like an awful friend to me
If your friend can’t see you as anything other than beautiful no matter what you look like on that given day, they are most assuredly not your friend. And THAT is a legal fact.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
The glasses tucked into the front pocket grandad style. 😄 So luxe. So nana.
I saw her other photos earlier in her stories and just couldn't find the energy, haha. I should have saved them as they were a delight. 🤭

You're right! 🚨 And by the looks of things she hasn't wasted any time.
---
View attachment 2509382

Never mind! The pajama party is a pinned post. 🤓👍
What in the everything fuck is going on with that photoshoot?

Menopause is For Other Women. "Hormones" is for Sali. I mean, call a spade a spade, Sali, ffs they've paid* you to do so! Vichy have an entire menopause range (and new peri-menopause range that this actual launch is for) which imo is aimed at selling repackaged moisturisers and serums by scaring the everloving bejeezus out of women by telling them that collagen loss, sagging, disconfort, and dusty dusty hagdom is heading their way unless they allow Vichy to lend a hand. But, nope. Our Sal cant even mention the words they have on the boxes because, you know, Cool Girls are never There.

*sorry, "not paid" but "ad/pr experience." Can't wait to rock up to a fancy hotel in my polyester silk pyjamas and whip out my "pr experience" card rather than my debit card.

• Heart
  • Haha

melfish

VIP Member
And a rather horrid judgy anecdote about 'you never want to be the prettiest girl at school, the hot one, because it's olways downhill after that'.
This comment reveals how shallow Sali truly is. Her self-worth is so tied up with her appearance, even now, especially now. She seems to be getting more superficial with age. I guess this is what comes of being involved in the beauty industry for decades, where a lipstick launch takes up valuable real estate in your brain and dumb shit like a crease on your face is a personal armageddon

• Heart
I see your 2 cheese graters and raise you 3 (three) hoovers (1 robot, 1 stick, 1 cylinder all COMPLETELY NECESSARY I shall brook no riposte) #ipaidallright?ifuckingpaid

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Honestly. Someone telling rebel maverick Fizzy what to do. She's never been constrained by silly old conventions.
I'll have you know she'll happily try to sell anything, not just beauty.

Screenshot_20231014_150516.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_150558.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_150804.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick