Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I listened to a bit of the one with Trinny. I can't do much as her constant chipping in of 'yes me too' 'same' irritates so much.
Anyway Fizzy said 'I asked all my girlfriends what they thought about you, and they all said Trinny's a real girls girl, she won't shag your husband'.
I swear there was almost an audible intake of breath from Trinny (she certainly didn't laugh) and she said 'I would certainly never flirt with somebody's husband'.
Ugh no doubt Fizzy and bloody Moran think every woman will join in with these puerile exchanges.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Aude

VIP Member
I don’t love Jessica writing style and I don’t agree with her on everything but I like that she’s given opportunities like this as a counter voice in beauty journalism to people like Sali.
Exactly my view. If only the Guardian had enabled comments on the article it could have been the complete anti-Sali beauty article.

I would say though that the author is only 33. I didn't feel I had any age-related changes in my appearance until I was nearing 50. Of course she can have an opinion about 'anti-aging' at 33 but I think it does feel different when you are older.

Reactions: 26

melfish

VIP Member
That was mine 😊

I find the whole lazy notion of "choice feminism" so frustrating and disheartening. Whatever you do is fine as long as you chose to do it, no further intellectual inquiry or self-reflection required. Everything is "empowering". Anyhow, here, finally, is a piece challenging it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

youncer

Seems this Dr Harper is yet another shill of a private menopause doctor flogging "special" face cream for menopausal women with Vichy. They all look greasy as fukk.
But I'm sure they had a lovely evening sitting around in their gifted silk jim jams feeling like they are "raising awareness" of the plight of dry, scaly menopausal women. Such troopers!

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh I forgot to mention this truly gruesome detail.
Be warned it is :sick:
Sali 'who never likes it if people discuss her sex life' Hughes, said when watching An American Werewolf in London as a teen got 'fizzy knickers'.

• Sick
  • Haha

melfish

VIP Member
@SqualorVictoria Sam was saying how she doesn’t care what anyone says/thinks about her though it does bother her when people are unkind to her loved ones. She sounded very emphatic about not giving a shit, which I thought sounded very enlightened & empowered but Fizzy waded in with an observation that this was a throw back to ‘Little Sam’ taking care of everyone but herself. Kind of on the couch & in the shitter with Fizzy Freud.
Sali is trying to pathologize Sam's healthy approach to criticism/judgment to legitimise her own (unhealthy) approach as though it were the default

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Yes she broached this with Trinny - 'how do feel if one of your girlfriends gives you unasked for advice'.
Silence from Trinny then - 'I don't know because they wouldn't' 😂
Sali obviously wanted her to wax lyrical about aren't girlfriends great and you can be as robust as you like (ie rude) and nobody minds.

Oh blimey remember She and India telling a friend over lunch they needed botox. And of course that friend was pleased. Of course they were 🙄
I remember Oaf Hirons was praising Fizzy about how she was a girls girls and she was the type of friend who would pull you aside and say I love you but you look like a right dog. That honestly sounds like an awful friend to me

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
WTF, does she think she's some kind of celebrity who's under scrutiny for wearing the same dress twice on the red carpet? Get a grip, love. It's just a dress (an EXPENSIVE one, yes, we know).
I have worn my wedding dress (a black Zara number, before you ask!) SEVERAL times, so basically I've been doing it forever and BEFORE SALI!

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Cleopops

Chatty Member
I know that purchases are of course relative to your financial situation, but how on earth a woman that has a whole cupboard of beauty products,a literal wardrobe of fragrance, makeup and lipstick in every bloody bag she owns whilst STILL continuing to buy supposedly forgotten supplies in Superdrug and receives a constant supply of neverending beauty pr " iTs My JoB 🤓" even thinks that her reel of recent new purchases is in any way "not bad" is living on a completely different planet to most people right now.Im particularly shocked at the 3 brand new bottles of perfume, she cannot possibly ever use up all the crap she owns

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Possibly. Though it seemed to be women enjoying themselves he took exception to mostly.
Women don’t matter though. If they’re annoying you, makes sense you want to brutally murder and disfigure them. That’s why two are still killed every week by their current or former partner.

• Sad
Yeah I had to unfollow her just recently, there was only so much of her "what even is my life? Heehee!" posts I could take. I had her stories muted because those have usually been 30 clips or more of her just babbling. It's too bad because I do like her and especially her love of cats and dogs but easier to just follow cats and dogs with their own IGs. 😂 She's also another of these celebrities that posts their children with their backs turned to the camera. Annoying, just don't post them at all.
---

"She's 65, FFS! She's entitled to be late to her own show, total ledge. It's our privilege to be kept waiting for her. I will never not Madonna." 💄
I saw Joan Collins this week. She was on time. She's 90.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I Iistened to a bit of the Sam Chapman one. She, SC, seems far more insecure and quite tightly wound up than I would imagine from her online presence.
No terrible howlers from Fizzy. Of course the inevitable 'me too' and 'same' comments. And a curious comment from her 'well we all know my thoughts on Chelsea but we won't go there now' 😂 Do we know these thoughts? I presume a massive inverted snobbery.
At the end Sam was saying how she responds to online criticism in that she doesn't. It's got nothing to do with her what people think about her and they are entitled to their opinion was the gist. Fizzy stayed strangely quiet at this point 😂 No mention of stalking people's FB or messaging people commenting on their mental health. Odd that.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I am loving Sali’s absolute failure to read the room. we’re all broke you putz! We’re wearing the plastic NewLook fendi shoe rip offs if we’re lucky.

• Haha
  • Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
"I'd do plain and a glitzy bag at most (unless Hush are paying me to stand awkwardly by the drinks trolley in a rose gold leather skirt)".

• Haha

katz2022

Chatty Member
I find it odd that anyone would add cheese grater to things bought in the last 17 months. The whole thing is so weird. I think I’ll move to being an influencer- yesterday I bought some super noodles and a garlic press.

• Haha

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
That's not 🌠Women Supporting Women🌠. That's just nasty oneupmanship by someone trying to assert the authority they think they posses. Sly and cruel imo.

• Heart