Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, who’s the Corbyn superfan?

She’s the only one who has been wanging on about her husband being a Tory, surely?

Honestly, she’s making herself look even more of a fool than she did. Just stop.

Reactions: 7

She’s the only one who has been wanging on about her husband being a Tory, surely?

Honestly, she’s making herself look even more of a fool than she did. Just stop.
I know. It's wierd. She needs to realise 'mentioning' and 'trolling' are not the same thing. More distraction technique on her part as easily over 60% of comments here are about her honesty when it comes to things like Botox, brands or her past online behaviour.
But probably easier to change the narrative to make out people are here to get her because she is such an outspoken political maverick. Plus I thought smart, clever women were actually allowed to be interested in makeup and politics.

And as for her mentioning Botox I really believe she didn't openly until very recently. She possibly may say it was tucked away in a now defunct Pool article. But in all of those IG comments after closeups, with people saying how did she look so young etc she kept very quiet. Where it would've been the perfect opportunity.

Reactions: 6
I troll indiscriminately and you don't own me, Sali! (I admit, I'll never be as good as you with rhyming Dawn with prawn)

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I'm a Giles Coren superfan. Not sure who the JC stan is.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The strategy seems to be one of damage limitation

1. Keep a ‘head down’ mentality - keep up the retweets, benign responses, scheduled posts etc but otherwise don’t post, to starve the critics (“trolls” lol) of oxygen

2. don’t mention the critics again - to stop driving traffic here and people reading it all for themselves

3. give vague responses whenever anyone asks for an update - make it seem as if something’s progressing but really just hoping it all dies down

4. interact with the little people (aka stans aka non blue tickers) to shore up the fan base

5. Keep the focus on the virtuous elements eg beauty banks

There was an outpouring of sympathy on That Friday and the days after but of course there would be - no one likes to see anyone trolled or bullied and any normal person wouldn’t suspect there’s an agenda at play.

However the aftermath is fascinating - the initial sympathy hasn’t translated into anything longer term, engagement across the board seems lower than ever? (I think).

Esther and Giles Coren calling her out for being a hypocrite of the highest order would have been the most enormous ego blow. And realising (far too late lol) that DP is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off would have induced sheer, bewildering panic. I imagine Lauren Luke has some tasty twitter screenshots saved somewhere (printed out and in a folder?!) too.

Talk about an own goal!
I notice her IG video and reactions to it didn't get picked up much in the wider media apart from her mates doing articles for Grazia Daily and Stylist. I bet nobody wanted to take on Giles Coren, who is far more prominent and better connected than SH.

Reactions: 3
I see we got a mention today by SH on twitter (can't copy due to rubbish phone). We are apparently led by a Corbyn superfan (trying to make criticism of her political. Interesting). And are obsessed with the fact her husband votes Tory (No. Not true. She said her husband was being trolled and people here pointed out that was the most people ever said about him. But hey ho. Facts and that).
Interestingly hardly anyone responded to her mention of 'my trolls'.
Isn’t she the one who wrote multiple articles about the fact she was dating someone with different political views to her own? What an odd thing to monetise - but that is her choice of course. So... the only person I can see who turned it (voluntarily, unnecessarily) into a big deal is... her? And got paid for it? :unsure:

Reactions: 9
I troll indiscriminately and you don't own me, Sali! (I admit, I'll never be as good as you with rhyming Dawn with prawn)
Do keep up. It was 'years and years ago' and they are now friends. I must've missed Dawn's supportive tweet for her old chum but I also missed SH numerous mentions of her Botox use.

• Heart
  • Haha
I see we got a mention today by SH on twitter (can't copy due to rubbish phone). We are apparently led by a Corbyn superfan (trying to make criticism of her political. Interesting). And are obsessed with the fact her husband votes Tory (No. Not true. She said her husband was being trolled and people here pointed out that was the most people ever said about him. But hey ho. Facts and that).
Interestingly hardly anyone responded to her mention of 'my trolls'.
Here's the tweet concerned.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
She’s lost it. Or she’s deliberately misleading her followers again. We were pointing out her hypocrisy re being anti-Tory yet having married one. She’s the one who wrote a while chuffing article on the subject!! The mind boggles.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Isn’t she the one who wrote multiple articles about the fact she was dating someone with different political views to her own? What an odd thing to monetise - but that is her choice of course. So... the only person I can see who turned it (voluntarily, unnecessarily) into a big deal is... her? And got paid for it? :unsure:
It's an odd approach for journalist. Write about something a lot, even private personal stuff, but if anyone remembers and quotes it they are obsessed and trolling. Also she wrote a lot about her Mum but apparently mentioning that counts as 'deep research' rather than a brief perusal of Pretty Honest or Google.

Reactions: 5
All we know about your husband is what you have divulged - he votes Torry and he gets a maintenance shag. (presumably not in that order)

• Haha
I don't get why Sali is being called out for dishonesty. Her book was called Pretty Honest and I always read the 'pretty' as an adverb meaning 'fairly honest' or 'moderately honest'.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Lazy titles for sequels are too common. I thought she was an author! Couldn't her friend - From Pig to Twig - help out?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her Tweet re the Corbyn superfan makes no sense & is making her seem paranoid & neurotic. She is obvs still seething.

Reactions: 8
I wonder why she's even mentioning the trolling. Seems odd and shoehorned in. Testing the water for people's reaction to it now?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.