Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered if they limit the number of words for the Guardian column and that’s why they’re short?

Reactions: 3
Crikey it's slowed down here a bit. Funnily enough this was what it was like before SH had her meltdown which made her accusations of bullying and trolling even more bizarre. Does she ever mention it? Anywhere? Does she ever mention the Tattle petition? 😂
Even odder no one ever mentions it to her.
I will pin my colours to the mast and say I hope they do replace her at The Guardian. Some of her columns have been beyond thin. Dashed off in about ten minutes by the look of them. She seems completely incapable of a fresh approach. Being Beauty editor could be so interesting and exciting. A world of possibilities. But so often it is the latest expensive thing or Nana smells I love.
We've all been slapped in the tits with writs which is why we're keeping schtum. I'm surprised you haven't been served with one, Jelly Bean.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think SH has been very quiet on Instagram since that Friday. Usually she posts daily, plus regular IGTV videos - I think the last one was The Meltdown.

She’s said before she’s limited in words on the column, which is why the comments were so valuable. Now they are gone, I wonder if it will attract the same audience? I listened to the podcast in the bath the other day and noticed that mention of GTL FB has been dropped.

I LOVE when she does perfume stuff though, re “nana smells”. Years ago she did a YT video of her own collection, and it was ace. I like that she doesn’t just hook into the latest fruity mass-market scent, and champions both classics and niche brands. (But perfume is my thing, I appreciate it’s not everyone’s!)

Reactions: 6
@Tigerwhocametotea

I remember that perfume video! I really enjoyed it and it not only made me appreciate my own perfume “wardrobe” much more, but I was also encouraged to branch out as well.

Sali used to do videos for the website - new season releases, the perfume one was a belter, but she stopped. When she stopped engaging with us was when things fell apart. Like any business, you have to build and maintain a relationship with your target audience but she has failed miserably on the second part. It’s a real shame because I learned a lot - not in terms of technique (I have Pixiwoo to thank for that), but in terms of products. And I made some wonderful friends.

IMO, if she had kept the FB group and just made YouTube videos for us (which she could have monetised) OR kept things ticking over on SHB she’d be on to a nice little earner.

Instead, she neglected us and took us for granted. And that IG rant was the final nail in the coffin. (Still waiting for her to put up the next foundation video though!! 🤣) She’s really shot herself in the foot, with a fair bit of help from her trusty sidekick Lauren.

Reactions: 7
You would think that having had a meltdown, and mentioned legal advice, that she would update her blue tickers!

Reactions: 5
She saw that a lot of us came and stayed, not to mention that deleted tweets and other incriminating texts were on display here, otherwise she would put out daily videos where she would talk about "bullying" on and on like Fidel Castro if it weren't for the time limit. Some of her friends had to delete 80% of their tweets, and I'm sure their empathy fizzled a bit after that. With so much influencers her job is pointless if she isn't credible and creative with her choice of subject.

Reactions: 11
You would think that having had a meltdown, and mentioned legal advice, that she would update her blue tickers!
It’s really common lately for influencers to cry Troll. By this I don’t include people who are experiencing real online bullying. That’s a very different matter and it definitely happens but it didn’t happen to Sali. Crying Troll is a common tactic to deal with their followers ‘stepping out of line’ i.e maybe politely questioning shady practices or quite simply to boost engagement and gain followers. They always say their mental health has been affected, that the police are involved and that Tattle must be shut down. Yawn. Rinse and repeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The strategy seems to be one of damage limitation

1. Keep a ‘head down’ mentality - keep up the retweets, benign responses, scheduled posts etc but otherwise don’t post, to starve the critics (“trolls” lol) of oxygen

2. don’t mention the critics again - to stop driving traffic here and people reading it all for themselves

3. give vague responses whenever anyone asks for an update - make it seem as if something’s progressing but really just hoping it all dies down

4. interact with the little people (aka stans aka non blue tickers) to shore up the fan base

5. Keep the focus on the virtuous elements eg beauty banks

There was an outpouring of sympathy on That Friday and the days after but of course there would be - no one likes to see anyone trolled or bullied and any normal person wouldn’t suspect there’s an agenda at play.

However the aftermath is fascinating - the initial sympathy hasn’t translated into anything longer term, engagement across the board seems lower than ever? (I think).

Esther and Giles Coren calling her out for being a hypocrite of the highest order would have been the most enormous ego blow. And realising (far too late lol) that DP is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off would have induced sheer, bewildering panic. I imagine Lauren Luke has some tasty twitter screenshots saved somewhere (printed out and in a folder?!) too.

Talk about an own goal!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@GTL Old-Timer i agree completely. I think she stopped engaging when she was writing the first book, then just didn’t really bother afterwards. I seem to remember that she said the FB group couldn’t continue because it was actually The Guardian who “owned” Get The Look, and that’s why the forum was starting. Am I remembering that wrong? Anyway I was really surprised when I listened to the podcast for the first time and saw people being signposted to FB. I got rid of FB altogether about six years ago so am not able to have a spy on what’s going on there!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Expect to see reports of a Facebook photo of one of us ("my most prolific troll") attempting to squeeze a breast into Giles Coren's pint glass anytime soon.

Edited to mention GC at every opportunity, thanks to Everyoldsock for the reminder.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
The strategy seems to be one of damage limitation

1. Keep a ‘head down’ mentality - keep up the retweets, benign responses, scheduled posts etc but otherwise don’t post, to starve the critics (“trolls” lol) of oxygen

2. don’t mention the critics again - to stop driving traffic here and people reading it all for themselves

3. give vague responses whenever anyone asks for an update - make it seem as if something’s progressing but really just hoping it all dies down

4. interact with the little people (aka stans aka non blue tickers) to shore up the fan base

5. Keep the focus on the virtuous elements eg beauty banks

There was an outpouring of sympathy on That Friday and the days after but of course there would be - no one likes to see anyone trolled or bullied and any normal person wouldn’t suspect there’s an agenda at play.

However the aftermath is fascinating - the initial sympathy hasn’t translated into anything longer term, engagement across the board seems lower than ever? (I think).

Esther and Giles Coren calling her out for being a hypocrite of the highest order would have been the most enormous ego blow. And realising (far too late lol) that DP is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off would have induced sheer, bewildering panic. I imagine Lauren Luke has some tasty twitter screenshots saved somewhere (printed out and in a folder?!) too.

Talk about an own goal!
I'm also wondering if a sixth point in her strategy was to contact Mumsnet to ask them last week to remove the thread about her which mentioned this website and the Giles Coren?

I'm also wondering if a sixth point in her strategy was to contact Mumsnet to ask them last week to remove the thread about her which mentioned this website and the Giles Coren?
For sure and fired off similar emails to this forum’s owner but they ignored her.

I presume mumsnet towers aren’t aware she has previously derided them to her own followers on GTL? Trying to keep that on the downlow now I’m sure.

The attack on this forum is laughable. If The Pirate Bay is still up and running after 15+ years this forum isn’t going anywhere.

And from someone who spends all day on the cesspit that is twitter! (And I say that as a twitter fan). Pot, kettle...

Aye, all quiet on the IG since the fateful Friday, posts have been dog or charity related.

Didn't realise dog-walker has an appalling aphorism on her arm. Bad enough when people post such awful, saccharine memes, but permanently etched into the skin :censored:

Aye, all quiet on the IG since the fateful Friday, posts have been dog or charity related.

Didn't realise dog-walker has an appalling aphorism on her arm. Bad enough when people post such awful, saccharine memes, but permanently etched into the skin :censored:
From memory she has a lyric from a Smiths song, so it’s not a meme.

Talking about being late to the party, I've just googled 'Sali Hughes' and her threads on here comes up as the eighth result, and on the first page...I can now see why she's so pissed off about this website!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know exactly where and when Sali has mentioned her Botox use?
Well, exactly. She claims she’s mentioned it all over the place, but the fact that nobody can find all those articles she claimed to write about it suggests that this is a porky.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I see we got a mention today by SH on twitter (can't copy due to rubbish phone). We are apparently led by a Corbyn superfan (trying to make criticism of her political. Interesting). And are obsessed with the fact her husband votes Tory (No. Not true. She said her husband was being trolled and people here pointed out that was the most people ever said about him. But hey ho. Facts and that).
Interestingly hardly anyone responded to her mention of 'my trolls'.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.