Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Sali muscling in on something she has no clue about. As usual
Sensible person replied. This is in response to Pandora Sykes saying she won't get a refund.
Sounds like Easyjet are enforcing the rules more due to the heat and these USB things getting too hot. Plus looks like PS didn't read the T & C's.
But of course she and Sali know better than a pilot about aeroplane safety.

Screenshot_20220814_094808.jpg

Reactions: 22
Also, is this the most forthcoming Sali's been about her botox use? She went into a lot of detail about where exactly she has it on her face and how often.
A couple of years ago she seemed really pissed off when people commented on her apparent use of Botox - I think that was part of the reason she was so angry about Tattle - and now she seems to be presenting herself as being particularly honest about it.

She says here that she 'thinks' she started getting Botox when she was 39. A while ago I looked back through her old Guardian videos to see when the way her face moved started to change and I think it was earlier than that. I've been getting Botox for 20+ years so no judgement from me on Botox use but - and this is my only point of criticism - I think there was a pretty long period when she wasn't open about it despite presenting herself as an honest beauty writer writing from a personal point of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I remember when I first heard her mention Botox - I Can pinpoint it exactly as I was on holiday and was listening to a podcast, I think in conjunction with Avon? Someone like that anyway. It was September 2019

I was so surprised! I was an avid reader of her column and her website and her books at the time, so it really can’t have been brought up much before. What an idiot I was for being surprised! I just thought she had naturally like free skin, even though she’s about 3 or 4 years older than me

Reactions: 14
I remember when I first heard her mention Botox - I Can pinpoint it exactly as I was on holiday and was listening to a podcast, I think in conjunction with Avon? Someone like that anyway. It was September 2019
Yes I think the Avon podcast was one of the first times she acknowledged it. From memory Nadine Baggott was on the podcast and basically 'outed' Sali by saying 'oh yes you and I use the same person for botox don't we'. Inadvertently I'm sure 😉
After Freaky Friday, where one of Sali's complaints was the questioning here of her keeping quiet about botox when she has always been so honest about it 🙄, a lot of impartial people on IG/twitter commented they were genuinely surprised she used it as she never talked about it.

@Aude it is odd she is so open about it now. And sort of implying she always has been. Is it because she was so rude about women using it in the past? Like Kylie's 'face like a tambourine' and Michelle Heaton having 'Katie Price's sloppy seconds'?
Maybe she was slightly embarrassed about having it younger - always wanted to be seen as effortlessly youthful. But now it is more age appropriate? Plus younger cooler people talk about it with (rightfully) absolutely no shame and her attitude was starting to look quite prudish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

I was so surprised! I was an avid reader of her column and her website and her books at the time, so it really can’t have been brought up much before. What an idiot I was for being surprised! I just thought she had naturally like free skin, even though she’s about 3 or 4 years older than me
It's how I found Tattle. I googled "Sali Hughes Botox". She wasn't open about it before (maybe the odd Instagram comment, but who reads them all?) and I'd always assumed she looked the way she did because of all the serums and creams she recommends.

Reactions: 15
It's how I found Tattle. I googled "Sali Hughes Botox". She wasn't open about it before (maybe the odd Instagram comment, but who reads them all?) and I'd always assumed she looked the way she did because of all the serums and creams she recommends.
Yes she absolutely let people believe that about her, she was never open about what she’s had or where. Which if you’re not using your own face to sell anti-ageing products is totally fine and your own private business. I think she’s immoral and unethical.

Then when it comes up her and her sad little mates are all over Twitter implying the women who listened to her were too stupid to make up their own minds.

Reactions: 18
Yes she absolutely let people believe that about her, she was never open about what she’s had or where. Which if you’re not using your own face to sell anti-ageing products is totally fine and your own private business. I think she’s immoral and unethical.

Then when it comes up her and her sad little mates are all over Twitter implying the women who listened to her were too stupid to make up their own minds.
Yes the bottom line is she was secretive about it. Most of us here aren't daft and a lot were to some degree or other into beauty and followed Sali. None of us knew she used Botox as she never said she did. Even when directly asked eg on IG.
She implied her smooth skin was entirely down to the products she was pushing. I remember questions on IG like 'omg Sali your skin is amazing - do you use botox?' and she would skate around it by saying 'even if someone uses botox they need product for good skin. I love product'.

Reactions: 24
Sensible person replied. This is in response to Pandora Sykes saying she won't get a refund.
Sounds like Easyjet are enforcing the rules more due to the heat and these USB things getting too hot. Plus looks like PS didn't read the T & C's.
But of course she and Sali know better than a pilot about aeroplane safety.

View attachment 1497173
I'm glad there's at least one sensible reply. Some of the other responses are "this is awful, I'm so sorry this happened to you" and "sounds like a case for rip off Britain". Morons

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Also I’m pretty sure she has more Botox than acknowledged in that video. Her tambourine forehead isn’t just from her number 11 Botox. Did she mention fillers ( can’t be arsed to watch whole video) as I’m sure she has those as well. And she’s absolutely not been open about it.
As an aside, what is the point of Pandora Sykes?

• Haha
I’m sorry but this hair!!! 😵💫
View attachment 1497096
I was looking at her Greece saved stories on insta (some are from a couple of years ago) and when her hair was naturally greying it looked really nice and suited her well. I know it's usually used as a descriptor for men, but it looked "distinguished". I have no idea why she thought it best to make it artificially blonde "grey" instead of how it was before.

Reactions: 12
Wow. Todays video about her holiday make up bag 😬. “I know I’ve far more make up with me than an average person, but it’s my job at the end of the day”
Does she realise how that sounds? Plebs need not take much make up.
Isn't the whole point of a holiday to get a break from work?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Isn't the whole point of a holiday to get a break from work?
Also what is the point in testing out a product that's only available in the US? Her readers are in the UK? Aren't we shipping enough stuff around already? Do we really need to add sending BB creams from the US to the UK to the list? Aren't there like 7000 products that all do the same thing already?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am one of those people who feels uncomfortable not wearing makeup and will apply makeup in a heatwave, which I hate about myself. I totally see that it’s beyond stupid. I don’t even know how to get around this when in holiday. I’ve had a lash lift and tint so I don’t need mascara, but I’ve grown to hate my bare skin on my face, which is absurd. It’s not the best skin in the world but there is nothing objectively wrong with it. I have tried tinted sun cream but it looks really weird on me.
Have you tried Estée Lauder day wear multi protection sheer tint moisturizer...has an spf 15 and comes out looking grey but tints the skin so you look like you've got a slight tan. First time I've bought it, ideal for hot weather.....I don't usually buy stuff like this, but it would do as a foundation for when I'm on holiday in September...

Reactions: 6
Plus it's part of her whole schtick of "I'm always working on holiday, I never take time off"
I don't get the 'having so much stuff as it's her job' thing at all. Most of the items were things she always uses - she said so - she was only testing a couple of new items. She takes so much stuff because she wants to which is fair enough, but don't blame it on work.
And could anybody be bothered with that many brushes?

Surely holidays are for disconnecting with work? Why bother filming stuff and creating more online content at all?

As to make up on hol- I may be in the minority but I really can’t be arsed. Sun/ sea/ heat are my happy place and I couldn’t care less about how groomed I look. It’s part of taking a break from the daily grind and feeling less self-conscious.
Anyway, we are all different but seeing SH’s full of make up holiday face and noting, some sort of makeup mirror light she clearly packed from home for her filming, fills me with existential dread. 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.