Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hate that I remember this, but isn’t the Dewy Skin Cream the infamous ‘face feels like it’s been taken to the opera’ cream she recommended as available in the UK months ago?

Of course she’d tried it before it came to the UK. Only she’d moan about brands launching here and ruining her many shopping trips to the US

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That Fenty blotting powder is so expensive for what it is. And using the same sponge to dab sweaty face and the back into the product gives me the ick. DHC blotting papers at a reasonable price point that are much more hygienic.

Reactions: 8
That Fenty blotting powder is so expensive for what it is. And using the same sponge to dab sweaty face and the back into the product gives me the ick. DHC blotting papers at a reasonable price point that are much more hygienic.
It was bugging me that she didn’t take her gigantic glasses off and was going over her nose, so the sponge was almost (or perhaps was) smearing her lenses 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 9
More bloody stuff?
Don't know if I can bring myself to watch it just now. It is so tone deaf.
And why does she just spend all her time buying things? Honestly she just appears to be a cultural void.
In Paris they just seemed to trail from shop to shop too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Can anybody shed any light (no pun intended) on what those shadows are?! It seems like the lenses of her really cool, hipster goggles are of different thicknesses, but vertically, rather than horizontally like bi/vari-focals. Its bugging me!

Reactions: 4
I am living for the day to night seamless transition of a pink stripe shirt to a yellow stripe shirt, so versatile 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can anybody shed any light (no pun intended) on what those shadows are?! It seems like the lenses of her really cool, hipster goggles are of different thicknesses, but vertically, rather than horizontally like bi/vari-focals. Its bugging me!
She probably didn't bring a ring light on her trip. We are used to the ring light look. (Oh I just watched it and it's ring light. )

The cause of the shadows is ultimately the light falling onto the glasses. Depending on the light source/ sources and their direction you'll get shadows.

Screenshot_20220731-152916_1659274299967.jpg

Screenshot_20220731-152547_1659274348592.jpg

Different frame shape different shadows.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Re facial sunscreens, I just went to Tesco and checked out the offerings. I try only to buy cruelty free unless medically unavoidable and the Bondi Sands one is currently £3.50 with a Clubcard. I remain unimpressed by SH consistently shilling products that are tested on animals.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Third vote for the Nivea face SPF50. I've only used the anti-aging/anti-pigment one and it is lovely. Light but very moisturising and no stingy eyes. It *might* be a bit too glowy for some (not that I'm Sali 😂), but I've heard the matte one is very good too. £6 from Tesco.
I have a scar on my throat from surgery years back and I’m paranoid about it getting sun burn so the shine control nivea is my absolute staple - I don’t want anything sticky so it’s perfect for that. My hubby uses it on his face and bald head too. Can’t beat it.

She said “New York” four times in the first twenty seconds. I couldn’t take any more.

I think this shot sums her up perfectly right now.

View attachment 1459782
She looks jaundiced !

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.