Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They don't sell it here. Boo. I bought both the Aussie Gold and Elta MD sunscreens everyone raves about and hate them both. They are thick and heavy on my face, and make me feel greasy and claustrophobic (I don't wear foundation for that reason). I like something silky and barely there, like Missha Sun Milk (I have no clue if it was involved in the Great Korean Sunscreen Scandal or not)

EDIT: Glossier's Invisible Shield is also nice
Someone I know swears by the Glossier one!

Reactions: 2
She writes a lot about sunscreen.

I guess it’s important and this one seems to be helpful. But maybe it would just be useful to do an overall overview of what makes a good sunscreen (ingredients wise) some recommendations and update every year with whatever changes in tech and brands come up?

Or an overall how to take care of your skin in the sun for every skin colour and type?

Reactions: 11
That's exactly how I feel @melfish, I'd never described it as such but you've hit the nail on the head, any foundation that's too thick makes me feel claustrophobic too so only ever wear really light ones!
I've been super busy with work but been very much enjoying and agreeing with your NYC comments and literally can't wait for the book -it sounds like it's gonna be a compilation of the worst of Sali compiled into one handy guide but still waiting for some useful potato related content!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She writes a lot about sunscreen.

I guess it’s important and this one seems to be helpful. But maybe it would just be useful to do an overall overview of what makes a good sunscreen (ingredients wise) some recommendations and update every year with whatever changes in tech and brands come up?

Or an overall how to take care of your skin in the sun for every skin colour and type?
A good sunscreen is one the feels good the skin (not sticky or sitting on the skin or peeling) and cheap enough to be used generously as often needed. Nivea do fantastic spf 50 face creams in several varieties- anti-ageing/sensitive/mattifying/anti-pigment. They are £8 for 50ml and all great both on their own and under make up. LRP anti-pigment and effaclar spf 30 are also great, although a little more expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
LRP make so many sunscreens, I feel overwhelmed and just click out of the site. The paradox of choice

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My issue is with her giving advice on rather than talking about her experiences of emotive and sensitive such as grief/abortion e which

A good sunscreen is one the feels good the skin (not sticky or sitting on the skin or peeling) and cheap enough to be used generously as often needed. Nivea do fantastic spf 50 face creams in several varieties- anti-ageing/sensitive/mattifying/anti-pigment. They are £8 for 50ml and all great both on their own and under make up. LRP anti-pigment and effaclar spf 30 are also great, although a little more expensive.
Nivea face is £6 in Asda, total bargain.
I like to stock up in the Brighton one as its extra chic.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Admittedly I don’t really worry too much about sunscreen. I wear SPF 30 face cream everyday and up it to 50 sunscreen if I’m at the beach. I also do not use any retinols or chemical exfoliants in the summer.

I just always find these columns are written exclusively for THE FAIREST OF THE FAIR. As always there’s likely a lot more she could be doing to inform a bigger audience.

Reactions: 8
Third vote for the Nivea face SPF50. I've only used the anti-aging/anti-pigment one and it is lovely. Light but very moisturising and no stingy eyes. It *might* be a bit too glowy for some (not that I'm Sali 😂), but I've heard the matte one is very good too. £6 from Tesco.

Reactions: 7
Go and eat vegetarian Japanese if you're worried about quantities, you stupid bleep
Or…. Here’s a thought… maybe share one massive portion with yr husband?!

But really, slowest handclap 👏 for you Sal and your stealth fat-shaming!

Sneak preview of the Hughes/Moran conversation:

Caitlin: 😝

Sali: 😁

Caitlin: 🤪

Sali: 😂

Caitlin and Sali: 🤡🤓 Thanks for coming! Byeeee!
awww, did they not invite India?
😈

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.