Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which is interesting as NYCers are famously Not Fat so there must be some places to eat like a sparrow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She is so wierd with her hatred of other countries. Very strange. She should just stay within the confines of Brighton gorging on Chilli Pickle gap yah 'curry'.
I bet when she goes on her Greek holidays she just eats the generic bland hotel food. And moans about the lack of options for vegetarians. She strikes me more and more as incredibly unadventurous or curious. Same holiday in the same hotel every year (I think she said they always have the same room). Glasto with the same people. Same hotel in Amsterdam every time. Same boring complaints about Paris.
I like familiarity too, but she takes it to another level.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What’s she on about? If you want soup and you’re basic (double tick). Go to Panera! I’m sure there’s one not far from the Ulta on the upper east side. You can bonus visit the NYC version of Superdrug, you’re welcome!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What’s this obsession with not eating? Smacks of unhealthy relationship with food. Surely going abroad is one of the best reasons to relax, enjoy yourself and not worry about whatever food rules one follows. She’s such a bore. Other countries and cultures are wasted on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She can’t be seen to be enjoying herself. She has to have a reason to moan everywhere she goes. It must be exhausting being her.

Reactions: 16
A refusal to be impressed by anywhere considered popular is a real inverted snobbery and sense of superiority.

Reactions: 27
Which is interesting as NYCers are famously Not Fat so there must be some places to eat like a sparrow.
Nah we fat.

Ok I’m not an ACTUAL born and bred NYCer so I’m just dragging them down with me.

I also loathe people who go on holiday and just complain about the culture of the place they’re visiting. You chose the destination love? You are also going home after a while? Like, is this not just you playing yourself?

But I’m especially sensitive as I’ve had to play host to so many Europeans visiting the US who have THOUGHTS about this country 🙄

Our girl is doubling down. She’d like to make it very clear that she is not a NYC virgin. No siree, she “always” loves the food on her multiple visits to good ole NYC #beenthere #seenit. Just a smol lady gagging for a suitably smol salad.

Paris, on the other hand... 😞
Hah I love that she got called out! But…did she ultimately take any recommendations for eating in NYC?

Reactions: 20
She doesn't need recommendations because she always knows better anyway. No vegetarian food in Paris, no small portions in NYC....

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What’s she on about? If you want soup and you’re basic (double tick). Go to Panera!
Or if you want a salad, go make your own at Whole Foods, take it back to your hotel, then eat it in the loo, where you like to spend most of your time anyhow

I think that's just the cast of RHONY

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Or if you want a salad, go make your own at Whole Foods, take it back to your hotel, then eat it in the loo, where you like to spend most of your time anyhow

“Take it back to your hotel, then eat it in the loo” has ended me. I’m short and fat please send a square coffin.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

In a very roundabout way this reminds me of the time my grandparents went on holiday and bought too much pizza…they ended up having to heat it up in their hotel room as they (sadly) don’t agree with me on the joys of cold pizza.
Anyway, my nan heated the pizza up with a hairdryer 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
In a very roundabout way this reminds me of the time my grandparents went on holiday and bought too much pizza…they ended up having to heat it up in their hotel room as they (sadly) don’t agree with me on the joys of cold pizza.
Shame, it’s better on an iron.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well, this has really become a pattern, eh? All this says to me is that she's too nervous or not willing to explore outside of mostly commercial, waspy establishments. What she is looking for is out there and would knock her tiny socks off but she'd rather complain about it instead. Zero self awareness and a complete snob. Any bets on how soon the gang will roll up to the Chili Pickle (scenes!) or order in when they get home? Maybe we'll get a Benny Hill speed comp if we're lucky about "mega" 😍 NYC 🙌 and it will be 67% her preening, tilty face.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Honestly, NY was one of the best places for food I’ve ever been. I ate similar portions to London, similar stuff, but just such a lot of amazing fun places with great variety to eat. I struggle in the south, due to being veggie and they are a bit like “give her three times as much cos no meat” but always took home leftovers. Not hard, Sali.

Reactions: 17
Well I just tried to post my review to Amazon and got this..

This product is not eligible to be reviewed

most of them walk everywhere too

Reactions: 6
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Honestly, NY was one of the best places for food I’ve ever been. I ate similar portions to London, similar stuff, but just such a lot of amazing fun places with great variety to eat. I struggle in the south, due to being veggie and they are a bit like “give her three times as much cos no meat” but always took home leftovers. Not hard, Sali.
I still think fondly about a milkshake I had in a restaurant I have no hope of remembering the name of in 2004.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
That’s hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.