Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to visit New York as I’ve never been but it is so hot in July/Aug - all
the people I follow who live there are complaining about it - would def rather go in spring or autumn. Maybe it’s a pit stop and she’s off to the Hamptons or something?

I’d love to go to Martha’s Vineyard.

Reactions: 9
my god how old IS she? the pics i found when googling her made her look about late 20s early 30s??

also would you take beauty advice from someone with chronic crows feet? I know I wouldnt as clearly whatever she's doing doesn't work
Blimey. Not wanting to defend her, but if Sali has “chronic crows feet” I feel like I have a whole flock around my eyes.

Reactions: 22
Blimey. Not wanting to defend her, but if Sali has “chronic crows feet” I feel like I have a whole flock around my eyes.
I have always found crow's feet so interesting and even attractive on everyone, it's a visible milestone I would never want to erase (but that's a personal thing). To me they add something extra to a smile, some warmth and a shared humanity; I like to picture it through the ages. Yes, I love them that much. 😄

The NYC picture is so obviously built around the crucial leg/thigh gap, she looks like she's going to tumble forward seconds later.

They truly deserve each other

View attachment 1441331
So quippy and effortlessly witteh! 🙄 I can't read anything by him without hearing Sali's airy, forced laughter, hand lightly clasping her chest.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
my god how old IS she? the pics i found when googling her made her look about late 20s early 30s??

also would you take beauty advice from someone with chronic crows feet? I know I wouldnt as clearly whatever she's doing doesn't work
She’s late 40’s

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Do you really think she has "chronic crow's feet"? She looks fine.

Reactions: 14
I think her crow’s feet look normal. But then when you freeze or plump parts of your face then other things look more noticeable I suppose.

Reactions: 19
The parts of her face that have had no tweakments look absolutely fine. It’s the weird dents in her forehead and cheeks that freak me out and make her look like she’s had work done rather than more youthful.

Last edited:

This 'crows feet = failure' narrative is a misogynistic old trope that needs to die out. Shitting on other people's genetics isn't cool or edgy, it's just crass.

Aging is not shameful and a face that's pulled as tight as an artist's canvas is not normal. Sali is 47 with skin that looks great for her age.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

I feel like we’re looking at different pictures. She looks fine!

Reactions: 11
They point to a number of studies in the nail episode which simply don’t say the things they say they do. Have a look at labmuffin’s IG account. She is a cosmetic chemist (chemistry PhD, so knows her tit), she debunks a lot of the ‘journalism’ in that series. Her handle is @labmuffinbeautyscience

@Django, scientific studies can be tricky to read if you don’t know what you’re looking at. Extrapolating results and applying the conclusions to real life scenarios can be difficult as they are written for a specific, professional audience who understand the technicalities being discussed, not laypeople. However, if you don’t understand what you’re reading, you shouldn’t be pretending you do and presenting it as ‘fact’ using that source, because you’ve misrepresented that person’s work and misled your reader.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t want to police the thread, and I’m sure the mods will delete me if I’m overstepping, but it is possible to explain something without being insulting or rude.

We learn a lot from one another here and treat one another respectfully, even when we disagree, but also when someone is simply asking a question/interested in learning more.

Also, I think Sali’s dreadful crow’s feet look absolutely fine to me, and I can see her face up pretty close 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.