Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Lauren having to go all the way to dreary Cardiff to film Sali looking like an advisor to Henry VIII and Nookie Bear. She doesn't get paid enough for this, I guarantee it. She does get bonuses by way of rank Grenson shoes though so there is that.
I'm dead 💀 🤣 😂 looking like an advisor to Henry VIII ffs 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m Welsh, from the Valleys just like our plucky Sal. With an actual (not Welsh, so perhaps not as impressively patriotic as Sali’s) Doctorate that I put the years of hard graft in for.

Neither of the above reasons are why I think Sali is a complete nincompoop though. 😂 I’ll probably add the posing about the honorary fellowship to the list, but it will be a long, long way below the bewildering self-importance, tortured prose, endless daft mirror selfies and the speeded up reels.The pillock.
Agree. I don’t actually blame Sali for flashing her ‘honorary fellowship‘ around. Having had no education beyond 14*, feeling that she has created a stellar career for herself against the odds and having strong narcissistic traits, she‘s bound to be “giddy” with such an accolade. I blame whatever idiot committee at Cardiff Uni approved this nonsense. It makes a mockery of the honorary awards system (pile of crap anyway).

* or 15, depending on whether the narrative is “jailbait” rebel or ‘respectable but hard done by’.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Agree. I don’t actually blame Sali for flashing her ‘honorary fellowship‘ around. Having had no education beyond 14*, feeling that she has created a stellar career for herself against the odds and having strong narcissistic traits, she‘s bound to be “giddy” with such an accolade. I blame whatever idiot committee at Cardiff Uni approved this nonsense. It makes a mockery of the honorary awards system (pile of crap anyway).

* or 15, depending on whether the narrative is “jailbait” rebel or ‘respectable but hard done by’.
She has claimed in magazine articles to have gone to "fashion college" and, I think, university.
(Her old professional site is viewable via the wayback machine and includes examples of her work.)
Also think I've seen her say on twitter before she deleted loads that she went to "college".
How true that is I've no idea. Doesn't feature in the narrative these days but whether that's cos she doesn't mention it (maybe she dropped out?) or it was bs in the first place idk. (Her old professional site is viewable via the wayback machine and includes examples of her work.)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t get over how different she looks here.
Is that the Loaf? He’s serving elderly Oliver Reed in that pic

ETA I think she looks fresh and great, and natural there. When she’s not pulling stupid poses, filtering and photoshopping herself to duck, she (here) looks fab

Reactions: 36
Sure hope Sali gets to read the nice things we say about her before the mods block us and delete them, and our fellow beefs turn on us.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wait, what “mind blowing” thing has Sali done for journalism that I’ve missed? Other than it being mind blowing how that sad word salad of a column keeps limping along, that is.
Bob Woodward/Carl Bernstein, eat your hearts out

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Scrunchie-gate

Cadwalladr is Welsh, I don't know about the other honorary alumni from yesterday but I think they're granting honoraries to Welsh people in which case, the barrel won't have been that big to scrape from.

Not saying that CC is scraping the barrell,far from it. She's very deserving. But there can't be many Welsh journalists?
They could have dragged a cub reporter out of the Llangollen Advertiser or some other regional rag who is more deserving that Sali and her wretched Guardian column

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think that Dan looks like a lovely gentle natured and friendly man. I do see the Nookie bear resemblance but I think I’d fancy him if I met him in real life (Dan, not Nookie).

(Don’t worry Sali, I’m not going after your man, just admiring your taste in men).

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m guessing she had the dress altered recently, given that it was originally made for her way before her breast reduction? There’s no way, if it was made especially for her, that they would have made the chest area too small for her previous size.

I think she looks great in that picture of her and her husband. A real smile makes all the difference.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.