Sali Hughes #51 Was Sali on the bus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine started even earlier this year. Apparently it’s due to the mild spring we’ve had. I could hardly breathe when we went to London for the weekend last month. A week away by the sea in Greece was godsend.
I think my allergy is to whatever pollen is on the go now, so I get off lightly in the early weeks and think I will have an easy summer, and then every year seem to be ‘surprised’ when it hits me 🤣. What I need to do is start the spray and pills in late April, regardless of how I feel, so it’s already built up by the time the bad pollen is about. I will never learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
hello. #hotessentme cos we mentioned sali over on the jack monroe threads

I've not properly caught up cos this thread's still quite new, but wtf is going on with revolution? I got quite a few bits from them when it was payday and, like always, the tit's so good for the price (2% hyaluronic acid serum, colour adjusting cc cream, foundation drops and peach baking powder are my new routine and it's really looking good)

but I saw that they have some collab (soz hotes, no better word) with her and that line is so much more expensive than usual for them! I literally remember when they launched and she did a colin all about how everything was £1. obviously, they've grown as a company but sali's stuff is so expensive compared to their other products

and those eyebrows just look amateurish and horribly over-powdered and I'm someone who is actively trying to grow mine out and loves colour in them

and, yes, my hay fever is also much worse this year solidarity to those suffering ✌
BIB - Re eyebrows- I'm a devoted fangirl of Lisa Eldridge and in a video fairly recently she talked about brow and lash serums. I've been too scared of the reverse Crystal Gale effect of synthetic bimatoprost to try the NeuLash she recommended, as I like my blue-green eyes, but the RapidBrow Lisa mentioned has been amazing on my brows. I've seen effects within a month, particularly on the tails of my brows which have weakened as I entered my 60s. I never overplucked my brows but the weedy tails had a disproportionateeffect on the overall look of my features.

"Hard recommend" (dread phrase).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
BIB - Re eyebrows- I'm a devoted fangirl of Lisa Eldridge and in a video fairly recently she talked about brow and lash serums. I've been too scared of the reverse Crystal Gale effect of synthetic bimatoprost to try the NeuLash she recommended, as I like my blue-green eyes, but the RapidBrow Lisa mentioned has been amazing on my brows. I've seen effects within a month, particularly on the tails of my brows which have weakened as I entered my 60s. I never overplucked my brows but the weedy tails had a disproportionateeffect on the overall look of my features.

"Hard recommend" (dread phrase).
What is the reverse Crystal Gale effect? Or Neulash? I do not like my blue eyes so if it makes them brown, I’m in!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I’ve used both lilash and revitalash for years and haven’t noticed any side effects. It sounds quite cool though!

Reactions: 3
I'm trying to understand a person who walks along the street, sees her reflection in a grubby window and thinks "yeah, I look great, I'll take my photo and post it on a public forum for all to see but I'll scrooch down first to hide my imperfectly too-close-together thighs." What a shallow, odd little life. And what a contradictory message.

I'm also surprised by how unobservant and incurious she is about the world around her. Sure, she likes having an opinion about social phenomena but she seems so closed off to the beauty of the world. There's something very strange about a person who likes to impose her own image on everything around her. Her feed could be a wonderful mixture of images, beauty information, and interesting posts about fashion and the social milieu from which it springs but instead it is endless, droning commentary superimposed on videos and images of her own face. She seems to be more insular, more inward-looking, and more provincial by the week. It is a shame. There's nothing vibrant or engaging in her feed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I’m not sure the big companies always care. I had a tube of the ‘supercharged’ warming version of the Soap and Glory Heel Genius foot cream. I didn’t think to check the reviews first as I’ve had a good experience with the regular version. Oh my god, it gives an intense burning sensation. I tried to wash it off but had to wait it out, couldn’t sleep etc. I checked the reviews and loads of other people saying the same. It’s still on shelves. I tried to leave a review but it got rejected. I was actually scared there’d be some residue on my hands that I’d get in my eyes. Anyway!
Oh my god, me too. This happened a few weeks ago, was agony. I made the mistake of rubbing it up my legs to mid calf. Felt like I’d run through hot coals.

ETA - was just catching up on the thread, so my comment barged in like a heavily groomed eyebrow 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Displaying the crouched just about to pee pose to get the thigh gap. The window is almost as grubby as her mirror
I can’t get over this photo. It must be peak mucky mirror and absolute peak thigh gap foolery. Can she beat her own personal best? She looks preposterous. WHERE ARE HER GIRLS?

I'm also surprised by how unobservant and incurious she is about the world around her. Sure, she likes having an opinion about social phenomena but she seems so closed off to the beauty of the world. There's something very strange about a person who likes to impose her own image on everything around her. Her feed could be a wonderful mixture of images, beauty information, and interesting posts about fashion and the social milieu from which it springs but instead it is endless, droning commentary superimposed on videos and images of her own face. She seems to be more insular, more inward-looking, and more provincial by the week. It is a shame. There's nothing vibrant or engaging in her feed.
🙌 🙌 Brillant post. So true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Yes - it's odd isn't it from someone whose whole theology, apparently, is that just because a woman is interested in beauty it doesn't mean she isn't interested in a wide range of other things?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Feeling concerned that @melfish hasn‘t dropped back in yet. Sending beefy love, Mel 💖 (that sounds grim!). Are any of the long-termers able to message her? I think people who joined up near the start of Tattle can?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What is the actual point of that photo? (Thigh gap). Imagine being so hypnotised/ mesmerised by yourself.
That’s what I was thinking. What on earth is the thought process that goes on -to prompt you to take it in the first place, and then having seen the pic, decide to post it online?

And if she wants a thigh gap, I wish she’d just embrace the “one foot slightly forward, standing slightly at an angle to camera” posture beloved of models and slebs (I mean, has she never seen Tyra teaching people how to stand on America’s next top model?!).

Better that than the pose she perpetually does, which lets be honest looks like something is about to leak, or has already slightly leaked out of her.

PS her hair looks like fluffy greige candyfloss in that pic. Totally bewildering. It truly is all just baffling

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Also: was there no CLEAN window to be found?
I was thinking that maybe the filter options on her phone camera are broken so she chose that one to soft-focus her? Or she’s trying to demonstrate her mirror is clean by comparison. That’s the only potential explanation I could come up with.

• Haha
The photo is absolutely baffling. We all know it is to demonstrate her thin legs and thigh gap (artificially manipulated imo) but is she really claiming it is to show a dirty window? 'Oh and look! My suspiciously wizened legs just happen to be in the background'.
Bit pathetic really.

Reactions: 8
It seems pure blue eyes aren't at risk. Different articles give differing accounts of how real the risk is.

But, I’m pretty sure none of my green-eyed/hazel friends don’t want their eye color to darken!

As a green/hazel-eyed person, I’d like to just tell the author of the article to feck off!!!!

• Haha
But, I’m pretty sure none of my green-eyed/hazel friends don’t want their eye color to darken!

As a green/hazel-eyed person, I’d like to just tell the author of the article to feck off!!!!
I wondered whether that might have been poor English there - unintentional double negative?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.