Sali Hughes #51 Was Sali on the bus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali herself has said that she has skin like asbestos (clearly asbestos eyes as well) but with a control group of Lauren Laverne, Caitlin, Nadia, Fee Bee and the other Lauren, what could possibly go wrong? That's totally damning - much worse than "the product didn't work for me" but actual corneal damage. Also "I use it and so do my friends" is a moronic response, if you're charging £15 (or anything for that matter) it should be safe for everyone, not just a bunch of blue tickets

Also, very early, but potential thread title - "Sali Hughes: ended up at A&E with corneal damage"?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
it’s a mad response from an adult and business woman - sorry if you feel it doesn’t work, does for me and the girlies, besos x

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Never trust a cleanser that says "can't be used on eyes". What's the point?!
Quite. I like to wash all my make-up off, including mascara etc. I've tried so many cleaners over the years, including mega pricey ones but have now settled on CeraVe foaming cleanser. Cheap, gentle and does the job brilliantly.

I'm also not a fan of balm cleansers and I will countenance no other opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I always use a separate eye makeup remover. I disagree with Sali that balms should be used on eyes, too much tugging and dragging

Reactions: 7
If I wear eye make up I soak a microfibre cloth with micellar water and place it over my eyes for a bit to let it melt the make up before gently wiping off. Then I massage my whole face incl the eyes with a balm cleanser. Clinique TTDO is my go-to because it’s gentle and doesn’t irritate my eyes.

How harsh can a product be to cause cornea damage?

Reactions: 11
After we mentioned Marilyn a couple of weeks ago, she actually reminds me of 80s Boy George here

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if, rather than follow the usual testing protocols, SH insisted that the products be tested by her friends instead. I have no evidence at all for saying that - it just seems the sort of thing she might do, place an over-reliance on the opinion/objectivity of friends.
Surely Revolution, and especially their legal department, wouldn’t allow that? They must have standard (if inadequate) testing protocols for all of their products? Mind you they are looking pretty negligent - a customer complains about corneal damage and they don’t even remove their (separate) answer that it is “absolutely 💕” suitable for eye makeup removal.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Surely Revolution, and especially their legal department, wouldn’t allow that? They must have standard (if inadequate) testing protocols for all of their products? Mind you they are looking pretty negligent - a customer complains about corneal damage and they don’t even remove their (separate) answer that it is “absolutely 💕” suitable for eye makeup removal.
I'm sure you're right - there must be regulations for testing before a product can be sold. Maybe this happens with other products - despite passing all required tests, one customer has an unusual reaction.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes but @Bluebellesse dont forget Sali is the founder so she has final say on everything.
Seriously, I’m sure Sali’s range was submitted to their usual testing protocols (although clearly not v good as this is a fairly major flaw). I’d be mortified and a bit panicked if I was her.
Also her response is massively lacking in any sort of commercial acumen and basic business sense - anyone with half a brain would have said “all my range was submitted to rigorous testing etc etc” not “oh but my friends and me have been fine”. Stick to doing insta lives about nail varnish and creating expert content in future, Sali.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I've asked for my post to be deleted in case anyone thought I was seriously suggesting that she'd bypassed regulations.

Reactions: 8
Sali Hughes Left My Corneas Bruised.

Yikes. Not the kind of review Revolution HQ will have been hoping for.

• Haha
I’m not sure the big companies always care. I had a tube of the ‘supercharged’ warming version of the Soap and Glory Heel Genius foot cream. I didn’t think to check the reviews first as I’ve had a good experience with the regular version. Oh my god, it gives an intense burning sensation. I tried to wash it off but had to wait it out, couldn’t sleep etc. I checked the reviews and loads of other people saying the same. It’s still on shelves. I tried to leave a review but it got rejected. I was actually scared there’d be some residue on my hands that I’d get in my eyes. Anyway!

• Wow
  • Angry
The trouble with Sali's friends giving it a ringing endorsement is that friends often say what you want to hear. Especially if the friend is so thinskinned and snippy.

And that photo 😬 Her eyes actually do look sore. Wasn't she saying recently her eyes were terribly sore and she blamed it on testing SPFs 🤔
And that lipstick is a terrible colour on her. Sort of deathly.

Reactions: 17
The trouble with Sali's friends giving it a ringing endorsement is that friends often say what you want to hear. Especially if the friend is so thinskinned and snippy.

And that photo 😬 Her eyes actually do look sore. Wasn't she saying recently her eyes were terribly sore and she blamed it on testing SPFs 🤔
And that lipstick is a terrible colour on her. Sort of deathly.
She’s been very heavy-handed with the eye crayon. So unflattering and ageing. The eyebrows are a state too.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.