Sali Hughes #51 Was Sali on the bus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched a bit of the IG live she did today. She was saying something like rich people always could buy skincare products with 'formulas' but poor people had to buy single ingredients and mix them themselves. Eh?

There are hundreds of mass market skincare ranges that are formulated products. Most mass market skincare products contain a number of ingredients in a formula. Looking at my tube of Cerave Facial Moisturising Lotion - to name but one - I see that it contains:

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Phosphate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexylglycerin

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Aaaand I'm blocked from responding to the story of that hideous outfit 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Did she go out in the short pyjamas? Maybe she forgot to take a selfie and just threw on a giant cardi and some flip flops to take one? But why?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Jeez, this is hideous as duck! Can’t think of any social occasion anyone would want to dress in a pyjama-cadet-granny outfit. She’s totally lost it!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She was saying something like rich people always could buy skincare products with 'formulas' but poor people had to buy single ingredients and mix them themselves. Eh?
WTF? That's ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
WTF? That's ridiculous.
Of course I understand hyping up a product. If she said something like 'my products contain the same sort of ingredients as more expensive products' - well, fine. But to suggest that she's invented a whole new skincare genre - a mass market range containing a mix of ingredients - is ludicrous.

I think the thing is she's learned, particularly through the 'trolling' business, that she can say the most outrageous stuff and not be challenged.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
What struck me was the stuff about her friends being interested in beauty but being too busy, too strapped for time (and in some cases cash) to understand it. And how they would message her from Space NK asking her what they should get. If it really is true that so many women don't understand beauty, especially her friends, then what has been the point of her books, over a decade worth of columns, IG lives, videos, etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Just watched that bit (btw, has she had a new smidge of Botox? Her face looks frozen) - I wish someone challenged that. I *think* I know what she means - when The Ordinary or The Inkey List came out it was loads of "single" ingredient products but THAT was new - before it was formula! She's delusional.

Reactions: 10
Just watched that bit (btw, has she had a new smidge of Botox? Her face looks frozen) - I wish someone challenged that. I *think* I know what she means - when The Ordinary or The Inkey List came out it was loads of "single" ingredient products but THAT was new - before it was formula! She's delusional.
Yes, the Ordinary was truly original. And then the Inkey List followed and then Boots and Superdrug did their own ranges of single ingredient products. But before, during and after those launches - and when they were having a moment - there always were a huge number of 'formula' ranges which, I imagine, still had a far greater share of the market.

ALSO buying single ingredient skincare isn’t cheaper. It just means you’re more in control of the eventual formula. But you still need a few things to layer or mix.

Reactions: 6
I don't know though, are people really buying 5 different serums and using them at once the way Sali is implying? Maybe Caroline Hirons "skincare freaks" group do things like that but I'm not convinced it's as common as Sali seems to think

I watched a bit of the IG live she did today. She was saying something like rich people always could buy skincare products with 'formulas' but poor people had to buy single ingredients and mix them themselves. Eh?

There are hundreds of mass market skincare ranges that are formulated products. Most mass market skincare products contain a number of ingredients in a formula. Looking at my tube of Cerave Facial Moisturising Lotion - to name but one - I see that it contains:

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Phosphate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexylglycerin
Is that the live with the Bambi person?

I literally had to turn it off because of her horrible gasping, which was off the scale as the conversation went on. She's also developed this weird head tilt which makes me want to eat my own eyeballs. Makes for hideous viewing/listening.

She's saying Happy Birthday to Baggot, because...well...they're such great mates :oops:.

Maybe someone will give ol' Nadine her top lip back as a present.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Its like a completely different person, I dont see how this is only down to botox

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.