Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Avon is an MLM company, as far as I know. Her new sponsor.
[/QUOTE]

In fairness Avon isn't the worst MLM. It doesn't require you to recruit below, hold inventory or have a minimum sales requirement. However, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole if I was in the beauty business as I feel it legitimizes the other ones. I'd worry that folk who join Avon and don't make the money they hoped will get sucked in to trying younique or one of the other. I was very 👀 when I saw it was sponsoring the podcast.

Has anyone looked at the IK thread on here? Apparently she has a column today in the Times on how we should all be nicer on social media. Priceless! Some very pointed remarks in the comments section, which have been very kindly screenshotted because pay wall.
So glad I got that subscription on Friday! Will report back!

Reactions: 4
So if India Knight changed her name by deed poll what’s her given birth name? Beryl? Deidre? It’s actually a Belgian name and we’ll probably never know.

I just found this on India though and it made me giggle:

‘...she can be positively Lady Bracknellish at times. Some poor benighted customs officer once had the temerity to stop India and her mother and ask to search their baggage - they responded by suing HM Customs and Excise for false imprisonment and 'slander by conduct'.

Of course they did. Perfectly normal behaviour

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Good morning Skidsters!

I'm not going to be redundant here but great posts re the comments BTL the column. And of course, all lies. I bet "They asked me if it would be ok" was a rhetorical question if anything; "Look, we're going to close the comments, you don't mind, do you?". I said it before, the change of tone in the comments started long time ago, around the shower cap debacle and has snowballed since. What Sally hasn't cottoned on is that you can't be a journalist and an influencer at the same time because they're primarily contradicting functions. Although I suspect she wouldn't call herself an "influencer" as she may think that it's beneath her.

If you look back she's made all the wrong decisions starting with her website which she thought it was going to be a goldmine and it tanked. The time she opened her site was the time that Instagram really came to fore in being an essential tool of influencing. No one is going to be clicking on an obscure site if you can scroll down Instagram and see a dozen different people giving their opinions and demonstrating how to use the latest make up launch. The competition hit her hard and she (and possibly the Graun together) decided to make the column product based but it was so late on the scene that by that point it became completely irrelevant.

The Guardian legal team may have been involved at some point, and probably was, but I'm sure it was more to do with covering their arses at a time when more and more people are questioning the validity of her "recommendations" than protecting poor ol' Sally from bullying. Her video brought more negative attention to the Guardian and I'm sure they didn't like that because they love to purport themselves as bastions of journalism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So if India Knight changed her name by deed poll what’s her given birth name? Beryl? Deidre? It’s actually a Belgian name and we’ll probably never know.
Her birth name was Gisele (I’m not joking, it’s a fact! Surprised it isn’t in her Wiki entry).

Apparently she chose “India” to reflect her mother’s homeland of Pakistan. Which is a bit bizarre, when you think about it (taking into account the VERY troubled history between India and Pakistan that persists to this day).

She also changed her surname to her stepfather’s name, which gave her a massive leg up in journalism, hem hem.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is the Clarins under eye concealer that fellow skidmarks are talking about, the Instant Concealer?
*confusedface*

[/QUOTE]
I've got a dried up little pot of Nuxe lip balm somewhere

Vaishaly facial: I remember SHB fans loving it because they really go to work in trying to get the gunk out of your nose. My filaments run really deep and I think the therapist I had got fed up of trying to dig them out. Was nice enough to have someone do stuff to your face, but I didn't really feel comfortable there and it was £££ for what it was.
I never knew that SH recommended that lip balm. I bought some in Paris after my lips got really sore on a hot day and I went into the next pharmacy I saw and bought it at random. I've used it ever since and also like the Nuxe lip balm stick. Only beauty stuff I regularly buy from M and S.
I used to smoke so liked that it's not sticky or greasy. I don't really like the feel of anything on my lips during the day but the pot and stick don't bother me.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure if she's specifically recommended the lip balm before, I think she used to have a thing about sticking fingers in pots. Think she did recommend the oil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.