Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know! I quite fancy going to this! I'm really keen to know what her chapter is about. 👀Going to see if its in Waterstones today. Will report back.
Is she in the Scarlett Curtis book?

Still not convinced as you can get a haircut there at the same salon, by someone else for around £120. I did, last year. Never going back btw as my £50 haircut at home is every bit as good.
The people giving the £120 haircuts are the employees.

Reactions: 3
Check out this sycophantic post
That post is just embarrassing. I'd be cringing at the comparison if I was SH. Sometimes your friends and supporters do you no favours. A genuine friend in SH's situation would be advising caution, not getting it out of proportion, making sure your own house is squeaky clean, etc... Conflating SH's experience of mild criticism and gossip (on a website she never needed to visit in the first place) with some sort of universal female heroic struggle against hate just makes her look ridiculous.

Reactions: 16
That post is just embarrassing. I'd be cringing at the comparison if I was SH. Sometimes your friends and supporters do you no favours. A genuine friend in SH's situation would be advising caution, not getting it out of proportion, making sure your own house is squeaky clean, etc... Conflating SH's experience of mild criticism and gossip (on a website she never needed to visit in the first place) with some sort of universal female heroic struggle against hate just makes her look ridiculous.
I bet it gets deleted. Would love to see the replies....

Reactions: 4
Lies, lies, lies (J.J. Cale) Imagine someone asking them in the comments why did they sack LL? Or introduce the DOP bullying? Now I think that they want to disable comments as much as she does.
And she feels bad for all the lovely women :cry:🎻

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out
Argh that’s so infuriating. Surely the Guardian have seen through her histrionics by now yet she still manages to get away with it! She’s costing the Guardian money yet they’re still protecting her and her bullshit

What a huuuge own goal for the
Graun & Sali. Keeping the comments on & heavily moderated for a couple of weeks would’ve given Sali an opportunity & ‘neutral’ (ha) platform to carefully rebut any accusations of shadiness & explain herself/the situation in a contained & controlled (staged?) way. Instead, they are evading the issues again and never having comments again seriously diminishes the engagement with & affection for her column. The comments were great. Instead thin-skinned Sali prob wailed about her reputation & the impact on her mental health and the Graun as her employer were left with no option. It looks so weak. I give Sali 6 months to a year on that column, then I hope the Graun employ a range a contributors & voices.
I heartily agree. Her days there are surely numbered after her ridiculous behaviour (and hit and miss column content) lately.

Reactions: 7
Aaaaargh. I can't go to the Times event. Clashes with something else. A miracle though because I have such and empty life.

Reactions: 4
Please could someone fill me in on the pineapple playsuit, and also the aubergine emoji? Did she really claim to have invented it?!
Not sure about the playsuit but she claimed to have been using the aubergine emoji since x year when it was in fact released a year or two later. It’s a not very significant (but funny) reminder that Sali’s ‘truth’ is often different to the actual truth

Reactions: 2
Someone called plumjam61 made a sycophant comment on SH’s latest insta post.

Last edited:
Oh no! That comment comparing St SH to Greta is priceless! Surely surely the writer is taking the piss? Guys I think we have a late contender for subject for a new thread title. I'm going to have to read it again. Oh lordy that has made my day already. Thank you thank you.

Edit - just re read it. She is brave talking about her passion in public - she waffles on about pimple patches! 😂 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
What is brilliant and worth the money (unfortunately) is the clarins under eye concealer.
I don’t think it gets much of a mention at all now.
Yes I love this! I've repurchased several times. Only concealer I've found that doesnt sit in creases.
I'm another one here who bought LM tint, Vichy serum and both a complete waste of money.

Reactions: 2
Yes I love this! I've repurchased several times. Only concealer I've found that doesnt sit in creases.
I'm another one here who bought LM tint, Vichy serum and both a complete waste of money.
I bought this and it is very nice but even the lightest is too dark for me. Some people are even paler than others.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone looked at the IK thread on here? Apparently she has a column today in the Times on how we should all be nicer on social media. Priceless! Some very pointed remarks in the comments section, which have been very kindly screenshotted because pay wall.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Has anyone looked at the IK thread on here? Apparently she has a column today in the Times on how we should all be nicer on social media. Priceless! Some very pointed remarks in the comments section, which have been very kindly screenshotted because pay wall.
Where are the screenshots?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.