Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are threads on here which I find distasteful, it’s a large website with hundreds of topics!
Exactly. This is it. There are intelligent considered comments, there are daft pisstaking comments and there are comments that to me go too far. Some stuff I agree with, some I don't. Like pretty much all forums and social media sites and newspaper comment sections.
I don't pretend it would be pleasant in any way to have a thread here but that is the nature of having a public profile these days. Whether that's fair or just is not is moot, it's how it is. If this site went there will still be Reddit, twitter and other comments. I don't see how it could be legislated against at all. No one's contacted directly and it would be very difficult to show anyone commenting here or anyone else did so with the intention of causing psychological harm to another, people post to share gossip and to make each other laugh. As people have always done, the means of communication is just newish.

There are threads on here which I find distasteful, it’s a large website with hundreds of topics!
An excellent study of language and journalism - tattle “embroiled” in a “scandal” aka influencer joined to troll their own and other influencers threads therefore very much like the detectives and Mr Ready Meal, tattlers are the ones getting dozed and trolled....
I mean it appears that at least one interviewee defamed a charity ceo but we're the bad guys?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'd also like to pose the question: why does Lisa Eldridge not have a thread where people go to witch about her? I mean, if we're supposedly all bitter and horrible and jealous would someone like her not be an ideal target for said jealousy with her wealth, enviable career, beauty, and so on. And why has Ruth Crilly, one of the least offensive influencers but also someone with an enviable career (modelling and travelling the world) and wealth, only got one thread that was started in 2019? There are many more examples but those two are off the top of my head.

Maybe we're not all bitter beef faced married incels and there's another reason?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I'd also like to pose the question: why does Lisa Eldridge not have a thread where people go to witch about her?
She does but it's an invite only WhatsApp group. Created by one Sali Hughes*

*It's a joke, Mr Baddiel! Like you tell but funny

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Throwing in David Amess was a low, lazy and irrelevant shot. Ian Hislop articulated it better than I will, but Amess’s death had nothing to do with internet gossip, it was a terrorist ideology being jumped on by people who dislike being criticised online.

The article goes on about how tattle is British, but gets an Aussie anthropologist. It’s v unlike any anthropologist, let alone a digital anthropologist to say something so one-sidedly subjective as “an entire genre on the internet, unfortunately”. Not just because an “entire genre on the internet” of classic gossip is a digital anthropologists’s dream 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I'd also like to pose the question: why does Lisa Eldridge not have a thread where people go to witch about her? I mean, if we're supposedly all bitter and horrible and jealous would someone like her not be an ideal target for said jealousy with her wealth, enviable career, beauty, and so on. And why has Ruth Crilly, one of the least offensive influencers but also someone with an enviable career (modelling and travelling the world) and wealth, only got one thread that was started in 2019? There are many more examples but those two are off the top of my head.

Maybe we're not all bitter beef faced married incels and there's another reason?
I always think the love for Lisa Eldridge on this thread must infuriate She Here

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Whilst I agree that “people on tattle” the homogenous blob that we are, have contacted companies about bad behaviours by influencers (see soniaxfyza racist rant as a live example, it’s made The Daily Mail today) the thing is there’s no way to know that it’s tattlers, and only tattlers, and always tattlers. But we get the blame.
Jack Monroe did a collab with Linda McCartney for Veganuary but previously Veganuary asked her not to represent them as she had quit being vegan. Then the Vegans were annoyed she was doing Linda Mc and about the videos she posted about the kitten which died, and so were contacting Linda Mc - but that’s tattles fault?!
I’m sure brand/campaign managers get a certain about of bonkers feedback for any campaign without tattle existing.
Then again, Sonia’s racist voice notes to an ex fan might never have been heard without tattle.

Reactions: 12

I heart ❤ Lisa. I did my own wedding makeup from her tutorials and I’m thrilled she has all this success. Im sure I’m not the only one.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Clearly not had the pleasure of Mail Online comments
I'd say that the Mail comments are not even the most hateful thing on the internet!

I heart ❤ Lisa. I did my own wedding makeup from her tutorials and I’m thrilled she has all this success. Im sure I’m not the only one.
She's amazing! Love her too. I've never seen any negative comment about her anywhere on Tattle.

• Heart
Oh, Sali. The mistaken identity of the charity CEO is in no way comparable to people claiming your hair is blonde or whatever 'lies' were posted here

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
She’s still the only person calling it a dragging site! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh, Sali. The mistaken identity of the charity CEO is in no way comparable to people claiming your hair is blonde or whatever 'lies' were posted here

I'd argue we're pretty good at sticking to facts here in Sali's threads. When people come in with claims there's always others asking for more info to verify. Some threads are a bit 'wilder' in terms of the claims with a lack of evidence, but even those are beholded to the tattle rules (link at the bottom of this page for any visitors reading!)

It has all got a bit meta hasn't it? Sali makes a living from the apparently appalling internet and relies on people to believe whatever she says - 'made up tit' or not.
I wouldn't call here 'truth seeking'. It isn't as deep as that. It is just gossip and opinion. And a laugh.

Reactions: 18
So Sali is trashing the one guy who is determined to expose tattle users and is working as the “figurehead” to that cause? Interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

This makes no sense. The people that were believing and creaming themselves over Helen being doxxed were influencers. Even most of them shut up once they realised the dillusional "motivational speaker" (that could barely speak) had nothing to back up the claims.

Next to no one believed his claims because there was nothing to substantiate them. But don't let the truth get in the way of spinning a fake narrative that bares no relation to what actually happened 😆

Where is the made up tit here? There was one mistaken identity that was pointed out and sorted pretty quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I find it interesting that the writer of that article has replied to all the blue tickers and anyone who has replied “great article!” and then anyone with a comment that doesn’t completely agree with her narrative gets ignored. If she wants to know why people end up on “dragging sites” then there’s one reason right in front of her 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This makes no sense. The people that were believing and creaming themselves over Helen being doxxed were influencers.
I assumed she was referring to influencers in her comment. Allowed on twitter, not allowed here obvs

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.