Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assumed she was referring to influencers in her comment. Allowed on twitter, not allowed here obvs
Ah I wasn't sure, she can be so confusing with so few characters on twitter 😆. Should have guessed she was talking about to all those infuencers that are way below her.

I bet Sali was amongst them waiting and hoping to doxx tattle, she just didn't announce it publicly as she doesn't use Twitter to bully or harass (these days).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
As usual the Guardian are writing puff pieces without actually tackling anything of depth. As a very recent example, some activists posted a photo on Twitter of themselves outside the house of a certain well known author and her address was visible in the photo. Her family home. This was later deleted (while they painted themselves as the ones who had been hard done by).

Now I'm pretty certain that if anyone on Tattle did that, if we posted photos outside the house of a public figure, it would be removed immediately.

But yeah, the Guardian, keep telling yourselves that Tattle is the most hate filled corner in the world

Reactions: 15
I wish I had the time and inclination to do a video response to Sali and freaky Friday point by point to say what was actually said, why it was said and show her idiocy.

Sali Hughes on twitter: I'd sell my children for that foundation/mascara
(I forgot which one she said but there are receipts somewhere)
Tattler: I bet she'd sell her children for a freebie 😆
Freaky Friday: They say I'd sell my children
Screenshot_20211125-095654_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Amazingly enough it was SH commenting on other women's tits (something that SH has criticised us for). True altruism from Sali there. But she certainly is familiar with the idiom as are her viewers I'm sure. Also tits don't just come in small or big. Average is a possibility though we know SH only speaks in hyperbolic language. Also I'm fairly sure no one said this, who knows SH's weight here? I think the comment was about someone of who wears a g cup bra also wearing size 6 clothes. Not that absurd really, it would depend on the give of the material.
20211125_113631.jpg
20211125_113824.jpg

The point for me is not that Sali is a hypocritical, we all are in some ways I think (we as in people not us here). It's the pretence that she does not understand the enjoyment in slagging people off and taking the piss. Also notable that she only took exception to it when she was the subject of said slagging off/piss taking. Not aware of her making statements about this previously. Obviously people differ re who they consider deserving targets and will be moralistic about people they consider off limits.
I'm also not aware of SH - Charlotte Tilbury aside and let's be honest that was more rolling her eyes at commentators, ie it came from the same place as many comments here, was a comment on others' stupidity, just the stupid were plebs Twitter users not people with public profile they use - or attempt to use - for commercial gain. Eve Barlow (not sure how close they are but used to write on SHB) was the victim.of horrendous trolling on an international scale (I think Seth Rogen got involved) because she was vocal in her support for Israel. There was a beauty writer from the Telegraph who got a load of tit for this article. Nadal from Sali. Perhaps she's offerred support directly, idk 🤷‍♀️ but it certainly *looks* like SH is only interested in abuse if it is here and that is because it has affected her. I may be very much mistaken of course.

beauty is hopelessly out of date

Last edited:
  • Heart
Meh Sali loves reading zeleb gossip mag Closer on the train, tattle is like Closer except intelligent and free. Less photos. No history of upskirting.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The point for me is not that Sali is a hypocritical, we all are in some ways I think (we as in people not us here). It's the pretence that she does not understand the enjoyment in slagging people off and taking the piss. Also notable that she only took exception to it when she was the subject of said slagging off/piss taking. Not aware of her making statements about this previously. Obviously people differ re who they consider deserving targets and will be moralistic about people they consider off limits.
I don't disagree, but I think she only publically took exception to Tattle when reports appeared of her 'stalking' people on their social media. She said that, more or less, in the video.

It seems that to defend herself against the allegations, she put out the video to create the narrative that the 'stalking' had been her taking brave action against the vile internet trolls who were causing distress to her friends and family.

Without the 'stalking', I think there'd have been no video attacking Tattle, the SH threads here would still be in the low single figures and Tattle would have far fewer contributors.

• Heart
I don't disagree, but I think she only publically took exception to Tattle when reports appeared of her 'stalking' people on their social media. She said that, more or less, in the video.

It seems that to defend herself against the allegations, she put out the video to create the narrative that the 'stalking' had been her taking brave action against the vile internet trolls who were causing distress to her friends and family.

Without the 'stalking', I think there'd have been no video attacking Tattle, the SH threads here would still be in the low single figures and Tattle would have far fewer contributors.
Oh definitely. Apologies was rambling a bit earlier as you can tell from my half formed comment.
Such self interest is curiously at odds with her previous willingness to sell her own children to get women properly fitted for bras. Because that phrase is only ever mentuon literally and never figuratively at all ever.

She says it here explicitly

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Amazingly enough it was SH commenting on other women's tits (something that SH has criticised us for). True altruism from Sali there.
I'm deeply sorry for sayjng Sali said she'd sell her children for a foundation when it was something else she'd sell them for 😆. Maybe it was her husband she said she'd sell for makeup?

It's the cheek of her to have a go at other people for saying what she said. Pretending things don't exist if she deleted them from twitter.

The sooner she realises she's the one taking out her own issues on others the better for her own sake.

I wonder if the narrative that Tattlers are angry at someone that looks like Sali and she is a poor victim with zero blame was created by her? It's so bizarre it's possible.

Reactions: 13
I wouldnt assume public support on twitter is sincere, not from blue ticks anyway. A lot of it is about looking supportive while throwing people under the bus behind closed doors.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder if the narrative that Tattlers are angry at someone that looks like Sali and she is a poor victim with zero blame was created by her? It's so bizarre it's possible.
Certainly seems odd that that detail was not included in the documentary or the BBC and Guardian articles to promote it. I mean that's gold surely? Did Sali's journalistic instinct inexplicably desert her?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Oh definitely. Apologies was rambling a bit earlier as you can tell from my half formed comment.
Such self interest is curiously at odds with her previous willingness to sell her own children to get women properly fitted for bras. Because that phrase is only ever mentuon literally and never figuratively at all ever.
I think the inclusion of that expression in her Guardian article about her 'trolls' shows just how little scrutiny the Guardian has given to her claims.

Surely any editor/sub-editor approving the article for publication who read 'My child’s teacher read how I would sell my kids for money' would have said to her 'Hang on, surely no-one was saying that you really would sell your children? You do know, don't you, that it's a well-known figure of speech?'?

Reactions: 12
I'm not sure if it was in her snivelly video - (really can't be bothered to watch that again to check) or in one of her numerous interviews but I'm sure she has said that an influencer first contacted her for advice as they were on here.
Sali replied that she really didn't want to get involved in such things. Then the person replied that she, Sali, was on here and then she got interested (didn't look herself of course).
I thought at the time it was telling that she wasn't concerned when she thought it was nothing to do with her. Probably the influencer was a mummy blogger or someone she looked down on.
So I don't think she wouldn't give a shite about Tattle if she wasn't on it. This great moral crusade is only because it touches her personally (fair enough but don't pretend otherwise).
(I'm rambling - but just echoing something @Mselvista said far more succinctly 😂).

• Heart
Oh yes, the expression she used was something like "she told me that I too was a victim of bullying in the same space". She then asked her husband and friends to tell her 'everything'

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Sali has been to yet another hair appointment. Jesus how much work does this hair need!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
She’s at the barbers now though. She’s either exhausted all possible freebies and every other hairdresser in the south east is refusing to see her or or she’s getting a skinhead.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sali has been to yet another hair appointment. Jesus how much work does this hair need!!!
Can't see hair, is it on her stories? All I'm getting is her talking about Lou Lou with her new mate. I wore it at school. Remember going to see a play - I think it was the Crucible - in the evening on a coach and truing to work out what the awful rotting apple smell was before I realised it was me! Smelt awful on me.

• Haha
Can't see hair, is it on her stories? All I'm getting is her talking about Lou Lou with her new mate. I wore it at school. Remember going to see a play - I think it was the Crucible - in the evening on a coach and truing to work out what the awful rotting apple smell was before I realised it was me! Smelt awful on me.
Yes on stories… that perfume love fest is so up her own ass she must need a torch. Just caught her saying ‘maybe that’s too niche of me’. I just find her snippy and smug and not at all approachable. Serious mean girl vibes.

• Sick
I'm imagining that Sam McKnight got in touch - 'Darling, you must let me sort this out for you. Remember how I persuaded Princess Diana to let me cut her hair short and how fabulous she looked?'

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
A short guy with a weasel face and really huge thighs bought me Lou Lou for my birthday when I was 19. It remains happily in the past alongside my unhappy experience with him. He kissed like a piranha.

Here's the barber photo. Of course this isn't a local cornershop barber....
Caption competition for Sam's thoughts here ....("ffs Sali...")

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.