Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are some Foreo copies on the Aldi website for £11.99 (Specialbuys 28th Nov) - there’s normal skin, combination and sensitive. Quite tempted to get one.

Reactions: 2
I have bought it online from United Pharmacies. The first time I bought from them I had to pay by bank transfer but it worked OK. After that I've been able to pay by debit card. Product cheap but shipping quite expensive, so I tend to order a couple at a time.
Thank you - I’ll give the a go. The wire transfer freaked me out but it’s good to know it worked out. So much cheaper than a dermatologist.

Reactions: 1
I get a tret prescription from my derm at my yearly skin cancer check. I also have a subscription to Agency (which is specifically for old beef faces like me). I alternate between the two

Reactions: 1
There are some Foreo copies on the Aldi website for £11.99 (Specialbuys 28th Nov) - there’s normal skin, combination and sensitive. Quite tempted to get one.
I bought one for around the same price on Amazon and really like it. It looks exactly the same as the Foreo, but it came without the silly price tag.

Reactions: 2
Article could have been written by a bot, regurgitating other articles. Shame cos I normally am a fan of Sirin’s writing.

Reactions: 8
“If you wanted to have a true social commentary site, there would be more balance.”

There's no balance in the Insta-sphere.
Why does no one ever write about that?
Print media getting salty about the requirement for balance on them, but not on their competitor (the internet)

Reactions: 10
Again it's pure sexism in action: a gossip site primarily frequented by women is the 'most hate filled corner on the web'

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Like out of all the hate filled horrible stuff there is on the web this is the worst? I’ve never read any other threads on here but I don’t class this thread as “hate filled”? I mean it takes the piss but the comments are balanced and (unlike Sali claims) the positive comments aren’t deleted and there are positive comments. We’re not threatening Sali in any way, or threatening her livelihood. I came here after freaky Friday ( had no idea Tattle existed until she posted about it) but can’t recall seeing any lies - there’s enough out there in what she says and does herself that we don’t have to fabricate lies. We’re commenting on what she puts out - are we supposed to take everything at face value and not discuss it? She’s built her entire persona around supposed honesty and many of us have noticed said honesty is now lacking, if not non-existent. Unlike her, we’re nor organising public bullying on Twitter. Are influencers supposed to be the one profession that’s not allowed to be challenged then? And how is this different to mumsnet where celebrities, influencers and people in the public eye are routinely discussed?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Anyone who thinks this is the most hate filled corner of the web has lived a sheltered pampered life

Reactions: 23
Have these people not heard of Kiwi Farms? Or ever been on a football forum?
There's incredibly weird websites where people discuss people's ethnicity to the nth degree, I somehow managed to stumble across one once.
I read some comments under a Mail online article through other day saying someone deserved to be shot!
The hyperbole is ridiculous. Also it's a website to discuss to women! How come that Andy Malone's so upset about it then? 🙄

Reactions: 17
I wish a journalist would look in more depth about the reasons why people turn to tattle. It’s so lazy. I’m not responsible for all the opinions on Twitter so why should I be responsible for a minority of people who go OTT on tattle. Most the posts I read are thought provoking, insightful yes snarky (but hellish funny at times) rather than evil.
Why shouldn’t women, and GASP, middle aged women have an outlet to vent about the insidious selling, the normalisation of tweakments, the fakeness, the filtering, the outright lying in some cases, the over consumption, promotion of credit and debt and fake lifestyles (not saying sali does all this, just a general point about Instagram and social media)? It’s ageist and sexist rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I really take issue with this part:

. In 2020, Tattle was also embroiled in a bullying scandal, after parenting influencer Clemmie Hooper was found to be using a pseudonym to secretly criticise others; including an allegation that the author and presenter Candice Brathwaite, who is Black, was using her race as a “weapon”. “It’s insidious and very poisonous,” says Callum Hood, head of research at the CCDH.

Now I don't know the influencer in question but if she was using a pseudonym how is that 'Tattle being embroiled in a bullying scandal'

Also it's not a pseudonym it's an alias. Standard for forums. Idiotic journalists

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wish a journalist would look in more depth about the reasons why people turn to tattle. It’s so lazy.
Just some basic research would be nice. According to the article
Draper was astonished. There was absolutely nothing to link the charity CEO with Tattle. “It was obvious this wasn’t the right woman,” she says.

Reactions: 3
There are threads on here which I find distasteful, it’s a large website with hundreds of topics!
An excellent study of language and journalism - tattle “embroiled” in a “scandal” aka influencer joined to troll their own and other influencers threads therefore very much like the detectives and Mr Ready Meal, tattlers are the ones getting dozed and trolled....

Reactions: 7
Okay influencers (and journalists), you seem to be struggling with why Tattle exists so let me illustrate for you using a real world analogy. Imagine working in an office where you have the cushiest number ever. You spend all day going for 5 hour long coffee breaks and fannying about doing nothing. You're good at appearing busy and important and no one ever questions you. You make a big thing of shouting about your work ethic. You get praised heaped on you and co workers/ superiors believe your hype. You've shouted about it so much that you too believe your own hype. You still get a tasty bonus and your salary.

Then one day, along comes a new manager who questions why things are done (or not) the way they are.

They question your efficiency and if you're really working as hard as the image you portray. They offer constructive criticism on how you do things.

Can you see now why there might be a place for Tattle?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.