Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m hoping for a Baylis & Harding X Head & Shoulders colab. I’m looking forward to the influencer posts and a launch party where they all wear floral maxi dresses with lacy collars and the table is ‘dressed’ by an influencer that just dresses tables for a living. I was thinking a Christmas theme could have snowflakes all over the table a bit like dandruff. The Caroline Freaks might like to get involved too if they’re not all either in hospital or working at a hospital. Scalp is Skin (Rocks!)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Has anyone tried Dermatica?
Yes, I've tried both Dermatica and Skin+Me for pigmentation. Both cause me to break out in the same places, and not hugely impressive results even after 5 to 6 months.

I'm NOT THERE YET, but honestly, I'm far more blown away by 3 days of HRT - it's done everything I wanted from the skin subscriptions and wasn't even expecting it to. I'd like to thank my family for the inherited probability of osteoporosis because my face is *glowing* 😄

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Slightly OT here, but has anyone been to the Lisa Eldridge Pop Up yet? I’m in London a fair bit over the next few weeks and thinking of making a trip over to Covent Garden.

Reactions: 3
Slightly OT here, but has anyone been to the Lisa Eldridge Pop Up yet? I’m in London a fair bit over the next few weeks and thinking of making a trip over to Covent Garden.
I went on the Monday after the Saturday opening. Had to queue outside and it was pretty full (saw a couple of those hideous camo/yellow lettered Hirons totes in there) so I did a lightning raid and got out as soon as I could because I get anxious in crowds.

It's a beautiful light bright space and I would have liked to stay longer. A very friendly makeup artist helped confirm my foundation choice. You have to go to the "till" (a laptop and card reader, no cash) with a slip of paper to collect and pay for purchases. It's open till New Year's Eve.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I must confess on Friday I did a SH and did my makeup on the train.
idk how she did that with any regularity or seemed to enjoy it because I felt like such a prize melon, only had to because I was late and had to run out the door and had a meeting straight away when I arrived.
nearly took my eye out with a mascara wand multiple times and my eyebrows left a lot to be desired since I could only see one at a time in a little pocket mirror
any tips to make train makeup more cheering?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Been lurking here for a while and thought this was the perfect opportunity to post for the first time.

I went there yesterday and it’s a beautiful space which is part museum, part shop. They were also selling some shades not yet available online. However, I happened to come across the ONLY unhelpful shop assistant. Was already wearing a lipstick and asked her if I could try Velvet Cinnabar on my lips. Thought I’d ask because of Covid. She was super confused and said something along the lines of “well, a bit difficult if you’re already wearing lipstick.” Err… has she never heard of makeup removers? She then went away trying to figure this insurmountable issue out and never got back to me. So I thought f*ck it and did everything myself. There were bottles of Bioderma and cotton pads everywhere. No idea what the problem was. Such an awkward situation. Other staff seemed extremely helpful and friendly, but were too busy with other customers. I didn’t get the opportunity to be shade matched either. It’s nice but I wouldn’t recommend going on a busy, pre-Christmas Saturday (same goes for London in general really) 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was in the hairdresser’s last week and had to give myself a slap when I commented on the Christmas decor and said it was cheering🙀.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
bit late on the brow gel recs but ELF wow brow is great £4 and supposedly a bit of a dupe for boy brow, not crunchy at all. Has little fibres in for a bit of thickening but they don't roam around your face like some fibrey things do, good colours too

Reactions: 7
Has anyone tried Dermatica?
Noticed Skin+Me is £1.99 for 1st trial month atm. Thank is usually 4 quidish I think. I got Skin+Me for my son's acne in the summer and it was really good. Fast results (think was antibiotic) and I cancelled after 1st month and his Skin hasn't got worse again.
I got Dermatica last year - Tretinoin. I used for a few months and didn't find it as nice to use as Beauty Pie's Retinol and no discernible difference for me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
idk how she did that with any regularity or seemed to enjoy it because I felt like such a prize melon, only had to because I was late and had to run out the door and had a meeting straight away when I arrived.
nearly took my eye out with a mascara wand multiple times and my eyebrows left a lot to be desired since I could only see one at a time in a little pocket mirror
To be honest Sali's eyebrows also.leaveva lot to be desired most of the time ieIb wear ook tit. I don't mind this sort of string lip and minimal.other makeup look (not on me, I don't really do lipstick) but the brows really ruin it. Ages SH and ages the look. The rest of the face being more pared down would have looked so much better and more modern.
Screenshot_20211121-143405_Instagram.jpg

@Mselvista how did you go with the Boots glycolic acid?
Very good. I've just bought a second one. May not be strong enough for everyone but is enough for me. I use it once or twice a week. If you're used to Nap+Fab or something and using daily you'd probably think it's crap.

Oh that's great! Glad it worked out. I definitely don't use acids every day and I hate that Hirons and Sali promote this

Reactions: 7
Oh that's great! Glad it worked out. I definitely don't use acids every day and I hate that Hirons and Sali promote this
I've got Wendy Rowe's book and she says she hardly ever exfoliates, doesn't recommend it, maybe once or twice a month max and most of the skin problems she sees on models could be eased if they just stopped exfoliating every day! Interestingly this did not come up on her in the bathroom with SH

I've got Wendy Rowe's book and she says she hardly ever exfoliates, doesn't recommend it, maybe once or twice a month max and most of the skin problems she sees on models could be eased if they just stopped exfoliating every day! Interestingly this did not come up on her in the bathroom with SH
I have that book too and it's beautiful! Loads of good nutritional info too. I must dig it out again

Reactions: 3
I dunno about cheering but only do mascara/eyeliner when the train is stopped at a station #protip #riskassessmentexpert

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
To be honest Sali's eyebrows also.leaveva lot to be desired most of the time ieIb wear ook tit. I don't mind this sort of string lip and minimal.other makeup look (not on me, I don't really do lipstick) but the brows really ruin it. Ages SH and ages the look. The rest of the face being more pared down would have looked so much better and more modern.
View attachment 879578

Very good. I've just bought a second one. May not be strong enough for everyone but is enough for me. I use it once or twice a week. If you're used to Nap+Fab or something and using daily you'd probably think it's crap.
Are her eyebrows microbladed?
I know that scary sounding eyebrow person does something to them, and refuses to be paid. Of course.
That heavy blocky dark look is so popular, yet aging and already looks quite dated I think. They sort of squash your eyes down.

• Haha
Are her eyebrows microbladed?
I know that scary sounding eyebrow person does something to them, and refuses to be paid. Of course.
That heavy blocky dark look is so popular, yet aging and already looks quite dated I think. They sort of squash your eyes down.
Microwaved and then she uses Brow Boy and Brow Flick! Ridiculously over the top.
In this clip from 5 years ago she's laughs along with Lauren Laverne saying how much stuff is being done to brows and says she'd like to see a softer look (I'velinked to the specific bi). It really is as though she's lost all taste. That or it's her failing eyesight. I don't see how she can't see how bad it looks. Same with the reverse panda eyes she sometimes sports

To be honest Sali's eyebrows also.leaveva lot to be desired most of the time ieIb wear ook tit. I don't mind this sort of string lip and minimal.other makeup look (not on me, I don't really do lipstick) but the brows really ruin it.
Wtf? Was I pissed when I typed this 🤣🤪
Love a string lip me 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.