Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also remember she said in the freaky Friday video "they stated that a man I had never met was my father". A simple case of someone googling the name and getting 2 + 2 = 5 rather than some malicious lie

Reactions: 7
If we're going to do this, shouldn't we at least make the lies interesting? Other than the waterboarding, may I suggest

- has all her house furniture made 25% larger so she can appear extra teeny weeny

- secretly wants frosted lipstick to make a comeback, also secretly loves crisps from Harrods

- attended stage school for 5 years, but the H&S ads are still the limit of her ability

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I don’t believe for a second journalists, or whoever, don’t come for a nosy here. But what to do with what you find. It’d be a hard sell to advocate or defend a place with such a rotten reputation.

Reactions: 5
If we're going to do this, shouldn't we at least make the lies interesting? Other than the waterboarding, may I suggest

- has all her house furniture made 25% larger so she can appear extra teeny weeny

- secretly wants frosted lipstick to make a comeback, also secretly loves crisps from Harrods

- attended stage school for 5 years, but the H&S ads are still the limit of her ability
I've got one! Secretly hates Chanel no.5 and decants Katy Perry's Killer Queen into all her Malles, Serge Lutens, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The only comment I found here relating to this was an obvious throwaway remark, something like - 'handy to have around as a nanny I suppose', which is so patently a lighthearted comment and not stated as FACT.
and someone found a clip of Sali saying pretty much the same thing that her husband was handy to have for childcare :LOL:.

I think she's gearing up to have another mini troll rant as she loves the (ephemeral) support she gets.

I'm pretty disappointed in her tiktok - cleaning makeup brushes with fairy liquid and she's messed up the music. :sleep: Sali do the Hillary Duff challenge or something!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also remember she said in the freaky Friday video "they stated that a man I had never met was my father". A simple case of someone googling the name and getting 2 + 2 = 5 rather than some malicious lie
And a) it was SH posting a picture of her father that had prompted comment here - as ever it was a response to information she herself had put in the public domain. And b) when it was, pretty quickly, pointed out here that the poster was mistaken they immediately acknowledged the mistake and apologised.

She made it sound as if we were knowingly and deliberately spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Yeah exactly, it was a simple case of mistaken identity. It happens and it certainly wasn't malicious in any way

Reactions: 6
And the 'they talked about my sex life'. No we don't. We obviously know nothing about it. We talk about she herself has said about her sex life - which is vastly different.

And funny, that she did mention husband being a useful nanny (you see she can say it and it is lighthearted) someone also found a tweet where she said she would sell her children for some product or other 😂

(PS I've heard a rumour that she isn't totally convinced 'scalp is skin').

• Haha
Reactions: 23
And the 'they talked about my sex life'. No we don't. We obviously know nothing about it. We talk about she herself has said about her sex life - which is vastly different.

And funny, that she did mention husband being a useful nanny (you see she can say it and it is lighthearted) someone also found a tweet where she said she would sell her children for some product or other 😂

Exactly. The phrase 'maintenance shag' is what is amusing.

Also, I remember when she got married her husband posted a photo of the two of them and some bloke commented "you're punching, mate". A throwaway comment that was probably meant as a compliment to her more than anything but Sali being Sali took it very seriously and tweeted about how he is the kindest and most decent man ever and makes her laugh and is also a 'great shag'. Most people would have laughed it off or said something like 'nah I'm the one that's punching'. Or just ignored it. But not Sali

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I hear the famed Smiths t-shirt she wore to the school disco was actually a WH Smiths t-shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
A note for Sali's admins that are reading here: the scammer has made her way over to Nadine Baggott's group, you might want to sound the alarm

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

The thing that really bothers me - and I suppose keeps me engaged in this - is not so much SH as the way the mainstream media appears to endorse (through publishing her articles about 'trolls', broadcasting her 'documentary', giving her a platform on various radio stations, disallowing comments on what she writes) her very particular - and very calculated I would say - take on Tattle. And the way that's then given other influencers a line to take on Tattle - that it's trolling, it's affecting their mental health, upsetting loved ones...

If it serves her personal agenda to portrayTattle as just lies and more lies - I suppose that's up to her. But I've been shocked by the lack of scrutiny her story appears to have been given by the BBC and the Guardian. I assume it's because, as someone who's been a contributor to both, she's considered 'one of us', reliable, trustworthy. This is all relatively trivial stuff but makes you wonder how uncritically they deal with other matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah the BBC documentary was a complete and utter embarrassment for all involved. Sali obviously had an agenda and a personal axe to grind and the BBC seemed to let her run riot. I still can't believe she had the nerve to compare herself being discussed here to female politicians receiving death threats and the lady who was trolled after losing a parent to Covid. And even worse, that she was allowed to by the national broadcaster!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
The 'relentless lying' is interesting. She should maybe come up with specifics, as what she has cited as lies I would say was opinion. And quite often not even serious, or meant to be taken seriously.
Eg several times she has said 'they said I only married my husband, the loveliest kindest man I know, as I wanted a nanny'.
The only comment I found here relating to this was an obvious throwaway remark, something like - 'handy to have around as a nanny I suppose', which is so patently a lighthearted comment and not stated as FACT.
When things are stated as fact, and are wrong or knowingly wrong, that is a lie. What we do here is speculate and gossip, upon things Sali has put into the public domain.

A lie would be something claimed as true, not just opinion eg - 'I met Sali recently and she told me she isn't really a vegetarian and eats sausages every day'.
Don’t forget that originated with Sali saying he makes a great nanny, the poster only echoed what Sali had said

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.