Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a dupe for Brow Boy? I hate the crispiness of most brow gels and like Brow Boy which I have in brown. I only really need colour on the outer part of my brow which can look a bit gappy but want something with similar flexible texture/consistency for the rest to keep them in place. I know there's lots of supposed dupes but the ones I've seen are all tinted. Cheers!

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a dupe for Brow Boy? I hate the crispiness of most brow gels and like Brow Boy which I have in brown. I only really need colour on the outer part of my brow which can look a bit gappy but want something with similar flexible texture/consistency for the rest to keep them in place. I know there's lots of supposed dupes but the ones I've seen are all tinted. Cheers!
I think Superdrug have a few clear ones. I like Brow Boy but I find it expensive for what it is.

Reactions: 2
I recently got a No7 one which is ok - can't recall what it's called but it's in a little tube much like the Boy Brow - I got 3 when it was on 3 for 2. Doesn't go crispy on me and I quite like it, but have to add that the spoolie brush isn't as easy as the Boy Brow one. It's at a weird slant and takes a bit of finessing (with my skills anyway).

I don’t notice any white flakes in my brows and they just feel set rather than crispy if that makes sense. Do have to wipe the excess off the brush before using though.

Thanks. Does it go crusty/crispy?

I don’t find any of the others as good as Boy Brow. Definitely don’t get Anastasia of Beverly Hills.

Reactions: 3
I buy the mini benefit one as i don’t wear it that much to justify the full size price. I do the same with mascara. So it’s a bit more reasonable and comes in lots of shades.

If anyone has Beauty Pie membership, the Arch-ology Eyebrow Sculpting Gel is amazing. It's clear (which is why I bought it) but having used it every morning for a few weeks, it's really thickened up my eyebrows.

They're long, fluffy and almost out of control, ye ye just like Nanna Newtons'!

Strong hold wise, probs not the best, but if you're wanting conditioning and thickening, it's pretty good.

Reactions: 5
Not fully answering your brief but bear with. I have heard good things about Essence brow gel (they do the wonderful Princess mascara and kohl pencil I love) from Wilko, about £3.
They do a couple of colours (I know) but the light colour is not at all strong, and texture is good and not crispy.
Also heard good things about ELF clear brow gel, about £5 I think. Again not supposed to go crispy.

Reactions: 5
I bought this after watching a Nadine Baggot video doing her makeup on YouTube. Never used one before so unable to comment on crispiness! I tend to wipe excess before using it so not thick.

I have boy brow, but I need it in black because my brows are so dark. I actually prefer to use the Superdrug collection clear mascara - it's so cheap and I don't find that it makes your brows crispy at all, plus you only need a little bit to keep them in place all day. Keep meaning to panic buy a few incase they ever get discontinued 🤣

The Loreal one! Sorry I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I have the tinted version but maybe they make a clear one? Or you could try a clear mascara?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.