Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
David Baddiel doc out 13th December 2021.
Seeing as he interviews She Here, and in the press release also a TikTok star whose house was burned down (so sensational and extreme and actually little to do with online trolling but far deeper issues obviously) I have very low hopes indeed of anything approaching objectivity.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
David Baddiel doc out 13th December 2021.
Oh wow! Thanks for that. I am *very* much looking forward to David Baddiel's "intellectual" take on this. Could do a bingo card - I'm going for "complicated", "complex" and "intellectual". Bonus for fried breakfast mention. I find the bloke hilarious but very much not in his capacity as a comedian. For someone so intelligent and a self-confessed "intellectual" (which he very much is not) he comes out with some absolute prize shite.
Just looked and it's about social media and anger. So I assume Sali will be featured because of the frothing-at-the-mouth video she put on her social media accounts some two years ago. Or are we the angry ones...er, no we're mainly taking the piss out her ridiculousness.
Wonder if any of Baddiel's mate Giles Coren's angry twitter outburst will be included? He accused The Guardian's Michael White of paedophilia and threatened to beat him up AND stab him one night. Seems quite angry to me

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Let's not forget Coren's gloating over a young womans death. He claimed she trolled his family when all she did was suggest something about nepotism in the Coren family

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Let's not forget Coren's gloating over a young womans death. He claimed she trolled his family when all she did was suggest something about nepotism in the Coren family
Is gloating anger? Idk 🤷‍♀️
The documentary is called David Baddiel: Social Media, Anger And Us which is very specific and not just re "bad" behaviour in general.
I expect the pizzagate shooting, QANON and us saying Sali's concealer isn't blended will feature

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Is gloating anger? Idk 🤷‍♀️
The documentary is called David Baddiel: Social Media, Anger And Us which is very specific and not just re "bad" behaviour in general.
I expect the pizzagate shooting, QANON and us saying Sali's concealer isn't blended will feature
Ah ok, fair enough. I missed the anger part

Reactions: 1
Oh wow! Thanks for that. I am *very* much looking forward to David Baddiel's "intellectual" take on this. Could do a bingo card - I'm going for "complicated", "complex" and "intellectual". Bonus for fried breakfast mention. I find the bloke hilarious but very much not in his capacity as a comedian. For someone so intelligent and a self-confessed "intellectual" (which he very much is not) he comes out with some absolute prize shite.
Just looked and it's about social media and anger. So I assume Sali will be featured because of the frothing-at-the-mouth video she put on her social media accounts some two years ago. Or are we the angry ones...er, no we're mainly taking the piss out her ridiculousness.
Wonder if any of Baddiel's mate Giles Coren's angry twitter outburst will be included? He accused The Guardian's Michael White of paedophilia and threatened to beat him up AND stab him one night. Seems quite angry to me
Ah no Baddiel only ever seems to punch down and encourage pile ons of non blue tickers.
I once watched a video where he showed examples of his famed put downs of 'trolls' (ie anyone who disagreed with him). They seemed to consist of such withering comebacks as 'at least I've still got my hair'. I kid you not.
Haha he does love to ponderously describe incredibly easy things as complex. I presume he thinks it makes him look a deep thinker.
@SqualorVictoria the black face thing was a disgrace. Bizarrely Baddiel has somehow managed to twist it that anyone who brings it up is anti semitic. His logic is that he has apologised fully (I have never seen this 🤷‍♀️) and that only racists now use it against him. Interesting interpretation.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wonder if SH will be ponder on her early use of SM and how she thought it acceptable to talk about Boden or Toast models making her *stabby* 🤔
Again sounds quite angry and could be said to be part of a general normalising of angry expression on SM. She likes to go on (or used to) about how she was an early adopter of Twitter (as does Baddiel). Perhaps then we should look to their behaviour and how it shaped what were became acceptable (or at least normalised) language/tone/subject matter I online interactions. I wonder if Dave will ponder why he thinks its OK to call strangers cunts for not liking his jokes - seems a disproportionate and dare I say angry response

If David Baddiel mentions trolls being like hecklers and his being a comedian ergo...your documentary bingo card starts flashing and the Tattle dancing mushroom appears in AI before you

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wonder if this will be where Sali makes her entrance? I thought we were the broken ones? (I may be way off with this)
Screenshot_20211115-134228_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wonder if SH will be ponder on her early use of SM and how she thought it acceptable to talk about Boden or Toast models making her *stabby* 🤔
Again sounds quite angry and could be said to be part of a general normalising of angry expression on SM. She likes to go on (or used to) about how she was an early adopter of Twitter (as does Baddiel). Perhaps then we should look to their behaviour and how it shaped what were became acceptable (or at least normalised) language/tone/subject matter I online interactions. I wonder if Dave will ponder why he thinks its OK to call strangers cunts for not liking his jokes - seems a disproportionate and dare I say angry response
Interesting point. Baddiel, Sali, India :sick: and others like to bleat on about how much nicer twitter used to be (before riff-raff got their clammy hands on it I suppose) all the while, in Sali's case, openly bullying quite a few women simply for being well known (and admitting using twitter as a tool to get another woman's job). And yes I would agree with you that this general attitude helped set the tone for SM.
I very much doubt Baddiel will look at this complex issue. Instead will have rose tinted spectacles about how wonderful it used to be.

Reactions: 13
I checked and she hasn't replied to the comment asking if she uses it herself. Someone else replied to say there's a colour protect range

My guess is she was probably hoping no one would ask that question
She is very adamant Claudia uses it though 😆

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 9.47.50 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
New here so please go easy on me. I am here because I am absolutely livid at the lengths this woman will go to because of online comments or replies she doesn’t like.

Never been a fan as such, read her column, maybe followed her on Twitter some years ago until I lost interest. Have always and only been a Twitter user, until last week as I have deactivated my account due to privacy issues owing to this woman. I am fiercely private/anonymous in my internet usage. I have an abusive estranged family member so it’s imperative he doesn’t find me. I have become particularly private about my Twitter, with the occasional unlocking, since I attended a feminist meet a few years ago. My account, email and others were then under attack from a certain group shall we say that opposed this meeting so I tightened up and became more anonymous.
A little while ago I responded to a post on Twitter which replied to Sali, a reply she took dislike to and, without divulging, she blocked me. I replied calling her out as what she wrote in her replies was, bleeping unbelievably disgusting, hypocritical and pretty evil IMO, and I can’t believe no-one apart from me called her out on it. A brief look and it was mentioned on here.
Now she seems to know EXACTLY who I am from those two replies. I don’t have FB but my husband does and she’s blocked him on there and from her beauty group (he hasn’t even got a clue who she is!) I then opened an FB account in a different name to mine - again she’s blocked that. I opened an Instagram account - instant block and I didn’t even follow her or post anything!
Now for the deranged part. SH got someone else to buy something I was selling on Ebay - buyer was asking all sorts of questions, messing me about and wanting to know my weekend plans for collection etc. Obviously them buying meant they got my full name, address and mobile number. I know who the buyer was and it wasn’t too difficult to link back to Sally Huges (yeah I can spell but duck YOU SHILLY HUGES). Isn’t this just off the scale?!

So that’s my experience of SH. In all honesty, I feel a bit sorry for her. She has no USP or uniqueness. Give me Lisa Eldridge any day of the week.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
I think she was an ambassador originally. Now she is an "educator", cleverly distanced from the product, as Jelly said upthread

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.