Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes I re-read the description of her perfume just for lolz:

Darlings, I have created a one-of-a-kind ‘floral chypre' perfume harmony that IGNITES a mind-altering fleurotic frequency. Scent of a Dream features a blend of JOY top notes including Lemon, Peach and Black Pepper, ‘FLEUROTIC’ heart notes of Jasmine, Frankincense, Tuberose and Violet, plus MAGIC MOLECULE base notes of Fire Tree, Iso E Super, Patchouli and Ambroxan. It attracts LOVE, LIGHT, POWER, POSITIVITY and SEX to the wearer!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Sometimes I re-read the description of her perfume just for lolz:

Darlings, I have created a one-of-a-kind ‘floral chypre' perfume harmony that IGNITES a mind-altering fleurotic frequency. Scent of a Dream features a blend of JOY top notes including Lemon, Peach and Black Pepper, ‘FLEUROTIC’ heart notes of Jasmine, Frankincense, Tuberose and Violet, plus MAGIC MOLECULE base notes of Fire Tree, Iso E Super, Patchouli and Ambroxan. It attracts LOVE, LIGHT, POWER, POSITIVITY and SEX to the wearer!
It might have been said here before but I always read her copy in Jennifer Coolidge’s voice

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I bet everyone’s lipsticks have lasted longer during the pandemic or people have stopped bothering altogether with WFH and masks and realised that the sky doesn’t fall in when you don’t bother with the full slap routine .
Number 3 in my conspiracy theory list ( I’ve lost count ) is get the influencers pushing lipstick again , even a ludicrous home lipstick machine will get people thinking about lipstick even if they have more sense than to buy it.

Reactions: 11
I can't remember which recent IGTV it is - the empties?) but someone asks She Here about the wastage and packaging around beauty. SH replies she has written and spoken about it extensively for ages.
That's not true is it? Occasionally she will tap a glass container and say 'you can recycle this', or will get given a recycling bin for her bathroom, but I don't recall her consistently querying the excess around the whole industry?
This was the heady peak of Sali’s sustainability activism. Cheeringly it also came with a cheque…

4D804CDB-FC3B-4561-AAB2-3F1FA28EA3E6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I despair for this world, I really do. Today’s Guardian article contains an instant do it yourself lipstick machine. Take a picture of ‘something’ and hey presto 5 minute later you have a lipstick in that shade

Nobody needs this in their lives. Nobody. What a waste of the earth’s precious resources

This is one of those columns where I particularly miss the Guardian readers' comments.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I don’t read articles that don’t have comments. The comments are often better . Actually I usually read the headline then straight to comments. I realise while writing this that I really prefer a forum.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is one of those columns where I particularly miss the Guardian readers' comments.
Yeah but they were full of trolls! (They weren't. There was criticism, yes, something She Here can't cope with.)

Reactions: 22
I bet everyone’s lipsticks have lasted longer during the pandemic or people have stopped bothering altogether with WFH and masks and realised that the sky doesn’t fall in when you don’t bother with the full slap routine .
Number 3 in my conspiracy theory list ( I’ve lost count ) is get the influencers pushing lipstick again , even a ludicrous home lipstick machine will get people thinking about lipstick even if they have more sense than to buy it.
Actually that is a really good point. I wonder if lipstick sales have really tailed off. I used to wear it all the time, always a sort of plummy colour, but since masks I now rarely do. I sometimes put a tiny bit on but then think I look clowny so rub and rub it til it is the faintest stain. I have just got so used to my face without it and concentrate far more on my eyes.
After Tattle and reading about various IGers I never underestimate the shilling capacity of them. Always under the guise of being helpful and your friend.

Reactions: 12
The device costs £250 but the app is free 😃
Seriously, who has 200 lipsticks, let alone 200 "nudes"? For once, I don't think this is an example of her compulsive hyperbole. I think she has this many lipsticks, and more. Her home must be filled to bursting with shelves and shelves of product. It makes me feel queasy, this celebration of consumerism

"The device is not the simplest to operate." Translation: this thing is an expensive pile of crap. I did get a snort out of the tortured, clumsy way she tried to make it sound like a trailblazer on the path to bespoke for beeffaces :ROFLMAO:

Gosh, now I am reminded of when she and India and the rest of those vile individuals used to use *povface* in tweets

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
You married incels have influenced me because when I see the boots Xmas advert, where the magic bag pours an amazing amount of beauty and make up products on the bed I just think “yeah it’s just a load of plastic crap no one needs”

• Heart
Reactions: 24
(Photo taken from Sam Chapman thread) She is another one who had lovely brunette hair but fell into the clutches of Josh Wood. Not sure who is responsible for the tragic cut.

1636825037141.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
A reminder of how incredibly young Sali looked (and was) at 14 when she had an adult ‘boyfriend’, enabled by an adult woman. Sali has referred to herself as “jailbait” here.

We’ve discussed this before, but I was still shocked by these photos appearing on her stories. Has she never developed enough insight to see this as hugely problematic and probably not something to celebrate? At least not without a caveat.

When Julia was “smothering Ron Mael with teenage love” age 14, he would have been mid 30s. Sali then says, “She ultimately took me in, at aged 14. I stood no chance. #mentor”. Is she joking about 14-year-old girls being sexually active with adult men? bleeping hell.

E91E2F67-3263-45AA-8117-024202E9431C.png
908A27B1-CD45-4421-9051-BB656A60392D.png
12481FA1-47E5-44B2-9D22-0A93FA38BC7A.png

Ron Mael is a musician, Julia has just been in a doc about him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.