Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stopped reading after 200 near-identical lipsticks. That's not a passion, it's a pathology

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I despair for this world, I really do. Today’s Guardian article contains an instant do it yourself lipstick machine. Take a picture of ‘something’ and hey presto 5 minute later you have a lipstick in that shade

Nobody needs this in their lives. Nobody. What a waste of the earth’s precious resources

Sounds like a toy I would have wanted when I was 8.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm not going to click on the article, but initially thought "that's bloody handy" in that it could recreate my one true love Ramblas Red from MAC (RIP). But there's so much more to it than the colour - the texture, scent, feel and slight sheen would be missing. Apols if that description went a bit She Here - just stopped short of it's cossetting qualities.

*sobs and clutches nub of Ramblas*

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
The only circumstance I could see a personal machine making any sense is to rent out for Hens parties and the like. Or, wild idea, you could go to a Bite Beauty or Code8 store and make a custom lipstick there, paying for just the one. Or, even wilder idea, Just buy a lipstick colour that already exists.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm not going to click on the article, but initially thought "that's bloody handy" in that it could recreate my one true love Ramblas Red from MAC (RIP). But there's so much more to it than the colour - the texture, scent, feel and slight sheen would be missing. Apols if that description went a bit She Here - just stopped short of it's cossetting qualities.

Oh I feel your pain! I was as a teen a real Twilight fan (this is a safe space to admit this right? 😅 ) In the movies they used a shade (Ms Behavin) of Benefit lipstick on the vampires I absolutely loved - I bought a tube to wear to my year 11 formal and everything. But it is also discontinued, alas!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Happy birthday FrankieBell. Hope this year brings you the opportunity to laugh like you have just seen a She Here Head and Shoulders advert every day.
Haha thank you! This bunch of delightful trolls on here make me laugh every day.

Happy birthday, I hope you’re having chocolate and cheese, vodka and gin and looking after your scalp skin!
Cheers, had a lovely day, and feeling suitably delicate this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There was a Chanel nude that I loved that got discontinued - it was a bit like Fatale but pinkier - I wore it nearly all through the 90s. I can’t even remember what it was called now.

The YSL machine sounds horrible! Who has space for that? Just mix from a palette ffs!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It is a pathology. There are thousands of lipsticks available - no one needs a bespoke lipstick, or 200 lipsticks. It makes me feel a bit sick. And I love a lipstick ( fashion singular obv)

Reactions: 14

This is so true .If the scent of a lipstick is off then the lipstick becomes unusable to me. I’m the fun sponge who keeps saying ‘ use what you have , don’t buy more’ but may I present that lipstick machine as exhibit A in my anti consumerist rant?

Reactions: 15
This is so true .If the scent of a lipstick is off then the lipstick becomes unusable to me. I’m the fun sponge who keeps saying ‘ use what you have , don’t buy more’ but may I present that lipstick machine as exhibit A in my anti consumerist rant?
I totally agree on the scent. Dior and YSL are out for me because of the awful taste and smell

A lipstick machine is absurd, honestly

Reactions: 6
I can't remember which recent IGTV it is - the empties?) but someone asks She Here about the wastage and packaging around beauty. SH replies she has written and spoken about it extensively for ages.
That's not true is it? Occasionally she will tap a glass container and say 'you can recycle this', or will get given a recycling bin for her bathroom, but I don't recall her consistently querying the excess around the whole industry?

So this 200 'near identical' lipsticks and gimmicky machines to fulfil a need that does not exist seems at odds really with that statement. Not to mention the mountains of stuff she buys/gets given.

• Heart
  • Sick
Tilbury is a charlatan. A very very wealthy charlatan now. But I know several people who have worked for her and it was a miserable stressful experience. Her website is a mess which puts me off from the start. She's ridden on the back of her editorial work which doesn't work in the cold light of day on the average (beef) face, and also on the back of her celebrity mates like Moss and Campbell. I bought into it when the first few products came out years ago but there are much better brands out there now that suit me better. Companies that produce hundreds of damn palletes, lipsticks and some terrible low quality skincare, are a real turn off.

Magic Cream my arse.

Pillow Talk and Iconic Nude lipsticks are horrendously unflattering (love the 'corpse-y analogy). Two products I do like are the Iconic Nude lip liner and the Make up Setting Spray.

Reactions: 18
Tilbury is nauseating the way she goes on. All that darling stuff is so fake, you know she'd sell her own granny to get ahead.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I don’t rate Charlotte Tilbury’s stuff at all, she just takes everyone in with the marketing and packaging. Also as an employer she gets terrible reviews so agree @FrankieBelle

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.