Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shade suggestion (based on my current foundation) for me is also VERY dark. As in: I look nothing like the model.
I ordered 2 sample cards (light/medium 1 and 2) and the shades were a bit too light for me.

But then I only use a tiny amount of foundation (each sample lasted several days) so it probably doesn't matter.

I've got the elevated glow highlighter (cosmic rose) and really like it - the bottle is massive, don't think I'll ever be able to finish it. I use it as eyeshadow, too.
I didn't do the online matching but one of my friends did. She would be super pale also and was getting suggestions for ridiculously dark shades.....she ignored and now has 5 also 🤣 So I'd say that functionality might need to be recalibrated 🤣But the actual card samples are good.

Reactions: 3
One thing I would say with the LE foundation is that it doesn't really follow the typical shade scale. I would usually be a 1 or the lightest in any foundation. I got 2 of her sample cards, which have a sample of 4 shades each on them. I got the 2 lightest cards (you can order on her site) and found that 1, 2 and 5 all worked for me but 5 was the best overall (1 would work in the palest areas of my face but I felt I looked very wan and washed out wearing it all over, 2 had rosy undertones which I don't like as I have mild rosacea and like neutrals to counteract that. 5 is just right.) That said, I kind of knew which ones would work for me and we all know our own skin. But just putting it out there that it's handy facility to have for shade matching. Other lines should follow suit!
Agreed, the sample cards are essential as, like you, I'd place myself on a totally different number than the one I chose. Lisa is 11 and what I would consider quite pale, yet I'm a 12 and light olive. Was originally heading for 13 but changed my mind at the last minute as it' winter so I'm unlikely to get any darker. That said, Lisa's mum is a 14 and doesn't seem super tanned.

Reactions: 5
Ye defo. The coverage is decent, and pretty buildable.

Ye I'm super wary of highlighters. Can't choose a shade though.
I got Crystal Nebula. It's like a nice champagne. I was worried when I opened it as it looks quite golden (and I'm very pale so that tends to show up orangey on me), but once blended out it isn't at all. Just looks like a really healthy sheen. I was torn between that and Cosmic Rose, which also looks lovely. I will likely get it at some stage 🐒🐒🐒🐒

Reactions: 3
The shade suggestion (based on my current foundation) for me is also VERY dark. As in: I look nothing like the model.
I ordered 2 sample cards (light/medium 1 and 2) and the shades were a bit too light for me.
I think the matcher seems a bit off. It matched Nars Mont Blanc to a 9 - don’t think so - and Finland to a 1. Looking at the models I’d have picked 2 or 5, and prob 5 as I expect 2 might be too light 🤷‍♀️

I actually think I might be a 12, but the light/medium card #1 is always out of stock

Reactions: 2
I actually think I might be a 12, but the light/medium card #1 is always out of stock
I saw her address this on Insta the other day as several people were asking. They are back in production so they aim to have them restocked soon. She also said not to worry as both the foundation and the sample cards will be permanently available.

I sound like I work for LE. Haha 😅 No affiliation I promise. Just sharing the info!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m so sick of her rude comments about her having expensive items and then saying you lot can find similar cheap items in places. Disgusting. I’d never dare be so insulting to people. She has class whatsoever, however expensive her clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She does it with her jewellery as well. "Affordable version at ..."
I'll decide what's affordable, jeez

Reactions: 26
How have they managed to make tiny thumbellina Sali look like a normal sized lady (Claudia) is it a trick of the camera angle, or CGI?
I met Claudia last week (red flag emoji). I looked positively gigantic next to her and I'm relatively slim albeit of above average height. She really is teeny tiny.

Reactions: 9
I washed my hair tonight for the first time in a number of days (I’m as beef-haired as I am beef-faced) and I was having a good old scalp massage to get all the dry shampoo out and suddenly in my head out of nowhere I just had our Sal shouting ‘SCALP IS SKIN’ and it really made me chuckle.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
ahahahaha. Classic. And she was just griping about impersonal press releases the other day. She'd love this
It's made even more hilarious by the fact that it's Tilbury especially as Sali has gone to bat for her a few times in the past and loves to show how 'close' they are 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.