Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anais750185

Chatty Member
OT: Any suggestions for super fine, thin hair? I feel like I've exhausted all product options. Nothing does what it says on the tin. I am so close to just buzzing it all off 😩
My hair is super fine and flat @melfish and have tried everything but nothing works. It’s got worse since being in my 40s. Just ordered some biotin, thanks @torontoon!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Aude

VIP Member
Has anyone tried Dermatica?
Yes. I've tried both Dermatica and Skin+Me. For me, it's just a - not too expensive - way to get a regular supply of Tretinoin. I'm not sure if the two other ingredients they add are doing anything. I didn't have any particular skin issues before starting so wasn't looking for any particular improvement. Just for maintenance I suppose.

Given the proven effects of Tretinoin on skin quality I would recommend it above any OTC product, although I think some of the new retinol formulations (such as by Medik8) might be good too.

Nonah

VIP Member
I second the Beauty Pie one (lol almost called it Beauty Lie which would have pleased some of you!)
I think Boy Brow is the superior product but the BP one is pretty good and the tube is larger too so presumably has more goo in it.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I'm confused about this posters husband. Supposedly he was blocked by Sali on Facebook and blocked from joining the Facebook group but doesn't know her. How did he know he was blocked then from both Facebook and from joining the group?!

• Wow

Mselvista

VIP Member
It's also not clear if the assertion is Yallop's or Bloodworth's. It's fair to assume the former given the context but not definite.

Mselvista

VIP Member
I think she's still editing it because of all those questions
Final statement on the Murad Vitamin C melsama video
20211126_125906.jpg

And so when she asks in one video if people would like a slutty perfume video (or whatever it might be), or says in the next video loads of people DM'd her, in actual fact the videos are probably one after the other give or take a glasses chain or tweed jacket. #influencerhacks
She's already said the slutty perfumes was really fun to film and I don't think we've seen it yet have we?

• Haha

AsterSalonen

Didn't she go out with the man who was in the video for Stay by Shakespeare's Sister? Who also went out with Keren from Bananarama?

Does anyone else remember this?

• Wow

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
My guess is she’s using the extensions to disguise that a lot of the frazzled bleached hair has been chopped. She will grow that hair with “bleach highlights” so that she actually has greying hair rather than the all-blonde bleach disaster. Her make up colours actually look good here

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Is a ‘blonde rinse’ a thing? Isn’t it just applying bleach to go blonder? A rinse, to me would require colour to get a hint of colour on top of another 🤷‍♀️
No you can have a yellow toner the same as you can have a purple toner.
Bleach lightens the hair but you still have to give it a colour

torontoon

Chatty Member
OT: Any suggestions for super fine, thin hair? I feel like I've exhausted all product options. Nothing does what it says on the tin. I am so close to just buzzing it all off 😩
Might be an obvious one here, but have you tried taking biotin? It seems to have worked wonders for a couple of friends.

Filouette

Chatty Member
Oh that's interesting. Mine is thinner on my dominant side as well.

I've read a few articles I recent weeks that a lot of people are struggling with hair loss at the moment. Seems to be a side effect of the pandemic. Constant stress. (And in my case vitamin D deficiency and weight loss on top of that)

LondonCalling272

They should! It’s such a great idea, and we know double ended mascaras can be made, remember those black and white ones anyone?

I’m kind of gutted to hear this. I thought maybe the only thing stopping me from looking as glamorous as Nigella was not being near a Wilco store.
MAC have one that kinda works for this. Haute & Naughty lash, you can unscrew the main part of the lid and it’s a thick brush for upper lashes and then there’s another lid right on the end that pulls out a skinny brush that’s fab for lower lashes.

anais750185

Chatty Member
Yeah, maybe early 2010s I thought she had a great dress sense, can't remember when it went to shite

Nonah

VIP Member
Where did that massive and shocking post go?! I went to reply to it and it had vanished.

• Wow

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
Consider me influenced!

I want the LE foundation. Is it suitable for a beef-faced 42 year old with oily skin and some hyperpigmentation?
Ye defo. The coverage is decent, and pretty buildable.

I received mine today too. Really like the finish and effect.....and I think it's the best colour match I've ever had in a foundation (Shade 5 for me). I got one of the highlighters when I ordered the lipsticks last month. Love that too. Very pigmented so you don't need much. No RoboCop metallic sheen which is always my issue with highlighters.
Ye I'm super wary of highlighters. Can't choose a shade though.