Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HattieJakes

Oh that's great! Glad it worked out. I definitely don't use acids every day and I hate that Hirons and Sali promote this
I've got Wendy Rowe's book and she says she hardly ever exfoliates, doesn't recommend it, maybe once or twice a month max and most of the skin problems she sees on models could be eased if they just stopped exfoliating every day! Interestingly this did not come up on her in the bathroom with SH

Reactions: 5

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
One thing I would say with the LE foundation is that it doesn't really follow the typical shade scale. I would usually be a 1 or the lightest in any foundation. I got 2 of her sample cards, which have a sample of 4 shades each on them. I got the 2 lightest cards (you can order on her site) and found that 1, 2 and 5 all worked for me but 5 was the best overall (1 would work in the palest areas of my face but I felt I looked very wan and washed out wearing it all over, 2 had rosy undertones which I don't like as I have mild rosacea and like neutrals to counteract that. 5 is just right.) That said, I kind of knew which ones would work for me and we all know our own skin. But just putting it out there that it's handy facility to have for shade matching. Other lines should follow suit!
Agreed, the sample cards are essential as, like you, I'd place myself on a totally different number than the one I chose. Lisa is 11 and what I would consider quite pale, yet I'm a 12 and light olive. Was originally heading for 13 but changed my mind at the last minute as it' winter so I'm unlikely to get any darker. That said, Lisa's mum is a 14 and doesn't seem super tanned.

melfish

VIP Member
I wonder if they all have the same agent and are being instructed to do this?

rosemarina

VIP Member
I feel for them all to be honest, personally due to my huge chest I prefer head and shoulders upwards. only. That photo looks like Sali was pushed to the front and half of the others are trying to hide behind her/each other. They should have insisted on a “shoulders-up” shot as they might have been less self conscious (although then we might see the filter-free faces in more detail). It’s actually a shame as a photo shouldn’t be the cause of so much shame or scrutiny. Even a “selfie” of them all would have been nicer.
Ironically I think Sali is pushed front and centre because she’s slim.This has made it impossible for her to do her thigh gap fart pose.
This is a really good analysis. I suspect you‘re right on all counts.

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
If anyone has Beauty Pie membership, the Arch-ology Eyebrow Sculpting Gel is amazing. It's clear (which is why I bought it) but having used it every morning for a few weeks, it's really thickened up my eyebrows.

They're long, fluffy and almost out of control, ye ye just like Nanna Newtons'!

Strong hold wise, probs not the best, but if you're wanting conditioning and thickening, it's pretty good.

Mselvista

VIP Member
That Celine bag she's lugging is a mere £1700
I wonder if that's something of a flex in itself - I don't think the places that do press discount like Matches and Net-a-Porter stock Celine bags so has more cachet in her world. An expensive bag one dropped full price for (obvs I don't know whether she did or not)

• Haha

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I wonder if it's to do with sleep position. (I do already use a silk pillowcase)
Are you by any chance right handed? I ask, because mine is too, and (pseudoscience alert!) my hairdresser says she can generally tell whether someone’s left/right handed depending on which side/temple of their hair is in better nick, and that whatever “side/handed” you are, that tends to be the side that’s brushed more, heat-styled more, generally absent-mindedly messed with more throughout the day.

I know that’s only extremely tangentially related to hair loss/receding, rather than hair condition, but mines noticeably thinner on the right than the left too and I really struggle to come up with an explanation which would allow me to do something to mitigate that.

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
It was (pasted from my notes!) spironolactone/Aldactone-she wanted me to take one 50mg tablet a day for the first week then up it to two. I’m perimenopausal and it’s -hair/receding- been gradually getting worse over the past couple of years. I understand the rationale behind taking it but I’m not quite ready to commit to such a “serious” medication-probably for the long term. There are some (a few!) peer-reviewed studies out there about its efficacy but I dunno, on balance I’m not (ironically!) there yet about taking it.

ETA happy to provide the whole shebang that she prescribed if that’s helpful-let me know!

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
oo interesting tip, what’s the science behind it?

getting nervous cos I’ve been borderline hirsute since 20 so dreading it getting worse with age. Threaders told me I was “the hairiest white girl”, I knew it was bad when I went to Turkey and the local barber offered to shave me. Pcos tests inconclusive, and GP said there was no point to them anyway. Has anyone tried electrolysis?
I did many years ago. It isn't permanent no matter what they say :(
It seems to have fallen out of favour now - I only hear about laser. Haven't tried that. One of the joys of aging is failing eyesight. Hides a multitude of sins 😂

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Well if you’d seen the bath chat before “ask me about scalps again and I’ll lose my shit” or “oily-CLEANSE dry-Moisturise” you know why they’re just talking about those things.
H&S have done She Here dirty

Mselvista

VIP Member
This makes no sense. The people that were believing and creaming themselves over Helen being doxxed were influencers.
I assumed she was referring to influencers in her comment. Allowed on twitter, not allowed here obvs

Mselvista

VIP Member
I must confess on Friday I did a SH and did my makeup on the train.
idk how she did that with any regularity or seemed to enjoy it because I felt like such a prize melon, only had to because I was late and had to run out the door and had a meeting straight away when I arrived.
nearly took my eye out with a mascara wand multiple times and my eyebrows left a lot to be desired since I could only see one at a time in a little pocket mirror
any tips to make train makeup more cheering?
To be honest Sali's eyebrows also.leaveva lot to be desired most of the time ieIb wear ook shit. I don't mind this sort of string lip and minimal.other makeup look (not on me, I don't really do lipstick) but the brows really ruin it. Ages SH and ages the look. The rest of the face being more pared down would have looked so much better and more modern.
Screenshot_20211121-143405_Instagram.jpg

@Mselvista how did you go with the Boots glycolic acid?
Very good. I've just bought a second one. May not be strong enough for everyone but is enough for me. I use it once or twice a week. If you're used to Nap+Fab or something and using daily you'd probably think it's crap.

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Sali's facebook group appears to have been targeted by a scammer. Pity the mods and admins don't appear to act as quickly in relation to someone trying to scam their group members than they do with blocking someone they think is a Tattler
Is this the lady from the CH group?

• Wow
Reactions: 4

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I think the inclusion of that expression in her Guardian article about her 'trolls' shows just how little scrutiny the Guardian has given to her claims.

Surely any editor/sub-editor approving the article for publication who read 'My child’s teacher read how I would sell my kids for money' would have said to her 'Hang on, surely no-one was saying that you really would sell your children? You do know, don't you, that it's a well-known figure of speech?'?
No, they wouldn’t. Sali has used very tricksy wording “my child’s teacher WOULD read how I...” she didn’t say they’d read that. She said they would read it, in the future. If they were to read tattle. Which could happen.
It’s all just about within the press standards but there’s no scrutiny. And isn’t it an opinion piece? It’s not reporting the news.
The Graun does exactly the same as the Daily Express or the Sun, just on different subjects.

Mselvista

VIP Member
I think if this happened it is much more likely to be a coincidence. Unless the person who contacted re ebay had a *very* close connection to SH - the poster sounds like she doesn't know much about Sali- "maybe followed her on Twitter some years ago" and also says they made the link to Sali later - I think it's much more likely to be a mistaken assumption on the part of the poster who's managed to freak themselves out. What does it mean that they manage to connect the prospective ebay buyer to SH? That they've interacted on Twitter, follow each other. Hmm.
Also none of us have been contacted in any way (apart from Gazydoodwill) despite some of us likely having SM profiles no where near as tight as the poster and our transgressions are greater than a reply on twitter. As much as we'd like to believe, as much as the poster might genuinely believe it, until we have more compelling info (who contacted via eBay, how strong is their link to SH, what was the poster's twitter comment) I'm sceptical