Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a dupe for Brow Boy? I hate the crispiness of most brow gels and like Brow Boy which I have in brown. I only really need colour on the outer part of my brow which can look a bit gappy but want something with similar flexible texture/consistency for the rest to keep them in place. I know there's lots of supposed dupes but the ones I've seen are all tinted. Cheers!
Not fully answering your brief but bear with. I have heard good things about Essence brow gel (they do the wonderful Princess mascara and kohl pencil I love) from Wilko, about £3.
They do a couple of colours (I know) but the light colour is not at all strong, and texture is good and not crispy.
Also heard good things about ELF clear brow gel, about £5 I think. Again not supposed to go crispy.

Reactions: 5

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Hmmm 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just don’t know. I’ve stopped blow drying unless I have to and use the bare minimum dry shampoo these days (my hair is super fine and it’s humid here so sometimes it’s a necessity). I do have- but haven’t yet consistently used- The Ordinary serum for hair density. I’m not expecting much from it tho- anyone tried it? I keep forgetting to use it because you’re meant to apply it to clean hair at night, and I never wash my hair at night.

Now, if I could just take all the hairs that have started growing on my chin, lip, cheek, below my brows and other unwanted places in last couple of years and pull them through the top of my face instead of them poking through the middle and bottom (like the play dough barber shop man’s hair!), I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be receding at all. I know that as you age, things head south with gravity, but I never thought that meant your head hair would migrate to your lip, chin etc 😔
I use it and am on my 4th bottle. I'm a scuzzbucket and still use it even on unwashed hair. It's all absorbed by morning. If it helps or not is anyone's guess but I'll keep going!

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
To be honest Sali's eyebrows also.leaveva lot to be desired most of the time ieIb wear ook shit. I don't mind this sort of string lip and minimal.other makeup look (not on me, I don't really do lipstick) but the brows really ruin it. Ages SH and ages the look. The rest of the face being more pared down would have looked so much better and more modern.
View attachment 879578

Very good. I've just bought a second one. May not be strong enough for everyone but is enough for me. I use it once or twice a week. If you're used to Nap+Fab or something and using daily you'd probably think it's crap.
Are her eyebrows microbladed?
I know that scary sounding eyebrow person does something to them, and refuses to be paid. Of course.
That heavy blocky dark look is so popular, yet aging and already looks quite dated I think. They sort of squash your eyes down.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
View attachment 890075

I got this insta message recently. I would not be caught dead in activewear. Let alone on my insta profile. But I can see how people might be flattered by the request and enjoy the freebies if not the 💵💵💵.

Call me cynical but I expect a Sali/Lululemon fitness collab within the next 2 months.
Everyone gets them, don't they? It's just spam/phishing?

melfish

VIP Member

My hasn't Dan given her any voice over tips? She sounds so insincere

Listen from about 12 minutes SH talking about being freaked out by what an actress at the Baftas had done to her face. It's only for about 4 minutes or so.
She's changed her accent since then and cultivated the slight lisp

I'm not familiar enough with UK accents to name it, but my ears can detect the shift

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
I wonder if the narrative that Tattlers are angry at someone that looks like Sali and she is a poor victim with zero blame was created by her? It's so bizarre it's possible.
Certainly seems odd that that detail was not included in the documentary or the BBC and Guardian articles to promote it. I mean that's gold surely? Did Sali's journalistic instinct inexplicably desert her?

• Sad

Colin

It looks charity shop men's section. I do not mean it looks cute, it must be vintage. I mean even smelly old men would no longer wear it.
My husband has a few of these malingering in his wardrobe from his Oxford days in the 80s.

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Is Sali involved? Or is it one of those where various contributors are involved? If you could be bothered could you (or anyone) post a photo of the most Guardiany bits? 😂

Re Harry Styles range - I wonder which will get a mention first by Sali, that range (even ironically) or Lisa Eldridge's? 🤔
This is Sali's contribution:

Screenshot_20211120-202525_Readly.jpg

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I think @Aude meant that Sali's suggestion that a poster saying she would "sell her children" was an egregious accusation rather than an everyday figure of speech which in no way impugns her parenting abilities should have been challenged/removed.
Fair enough, also the point I was making is that there wouldn’t be any kind of scruitiny - they take her at her word

Btw where's the new Murad vit c video?
She’s awaiting the new formulation which fits with the description she gave in her last vid. So rude of them not to produce the product she had in mind!

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
Has anyone tried Dermatica?
Noticed Skin+Me is £1.99 for 1st trial month atm. Thank is usually 4 quidish I think. I got Skin+Me for my son's acne in the summer and it was really good. Fast results (think was antibiotic) and I cancelled after 1st month and his Skin hasn't got worse again.
I got Dermatica last year - Tretinoin. I used for a few months and didn't find it as nice to use as Beauty Pie's Retinol and no discernible difference for me 🤷‍♀️

melfish

VIP Member
I have a single course and stubborn lip hair that I enjoy periodically tweezing. It is immensely satisfying

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Not fully answering your brief but bear with. I have heard good things about Essence brow gel (they do the wonderful Princess mascara and kohl pencil I love) from Wilko, about £3.
They do a couple of colours (I know) but the light colour is not at all strong, and texture is good and not crispy.
Also heard good things about ELF clear brow gel, about £5 I think. Again not supposed to go crispy.
You’re in good company, Nigella’s favourite mascara is from Wilko!