Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so glad that someone else has seen it in the wild! It had crossed my mind that I had somehow manifested it - it does have a slightly hallucinatory feel. And yes, it is downright weird. When you think they must have had an experienced team creating and directing it for a global brand, it beggars belief that this oddity was ever released.
Honestly, I’d sack the agency if they put out something like this for the brands I work on. It looks like something that should have been edited out not used.
Sali looks like a petulant teen in a hostage situation except we know that this is something she would have willingly consented to being filmed. Does she still claim to be a broadcaster because this is shockingly unprofessional?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
From the 'On Honesty' essay. What has changed in the 5 years since then?

Commercial Partnerships
salihughesbeauty.com occasionally produces sponsored content. Our free-to-all-users forum costs a lot each year to host, our contributors need to be paid, our videos cost money and so on, and so commercial partnerships are essential in keeping us going. I cannot stress enough how absolutely fanatical we are in running a clean ship on this front – it’s a big reason we started the site in the first place. We turn things down constantly for all manner of reasons, even when that means a huge financial sacrifice. If a mascara smudges, we’re not prepared to say it doesn’t. If I don’t rate a brand’s skincare, I’ll never say I do. I can honestly and genuinely say I have never said I love a product if I don’t. That policy is not hard for us, we don’t feel in the least bit resentful or compromised. It’s easy when you take the longterm view that a dishonest commercial decision will ultimately cost you. We’d just be really, really stupid to do things any other way. Furthermore, if we have taken the very careful decision to partner with a brand commercially, we will always, always make that clear. The brands we’ve worked with (Lancôme and La Roche Posay, for example) have always been as passionate as we are about that transparency, and have also positively demanded it. Any brand asking for a less transparent transaction would immediately be shown the door. If my commercial involvement is of a much more prominent nature – for example, when I presented a nationwide corporate video for Philips, I would take the decision to avoid that product in an editorial context just because that wouldn’t sit right for me personally. Again, the brand involved here felt as strongly about this as I do. My reason for signing with Arlington Talent was in no small part owing to their being utterly respectful and supportive of my principles on all these matters.
One specific thing that's changed is that she's now with a different agent. It seems that she changed two years ago, very shortly after her Instagram attack on Tattle. I've wondered whether the two events were connected.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
That makes sense. Perhaps this Insanity group are pushing for more and more opportunities hence why she does them with such gritted teeth

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I would love to hear her justification for feeling she is a suitable brand ambassador for a product she never uses.
As you say she is quite blatant about her non use 'you COULD use something like head and shoulders'. Meanwhile she has said she and her whole family only use Aveda or now dry shampoo.
And her obvious embarrassment about the whole thing. Never promoting it anywhere across her SM. Probably not what H and S thought they were getting from an influencer.
She probably thinks she is upholding her 'honest' brand by not explicitly saying she uses it - but it is all a bit weasely isn't it? She has still taken money to promote a product she wouldn't use herself.
She'll have one. No question. She seems to be exceptionally good at making herself comfortable with her choices.

ETA: Although that may of course just be the public persona.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She'll have one. No question. She seems to be exceptionally good at making herself comfortable with her choices.

ETA: Although that may of course just be the public persona.
The democratisation of hair cleansing and scalp health

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Insanity is such a cringe management agency.

Influencer central and tacky as hell.
I just had a look at their 'digital' section. I'd love to know why Sali left the previous agency which were supposedly aligned with her values in favour of an influencer heavy agency

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Do you think the Head and Shoulders director said we need big exasperated peri meno energy for this take
Because this is defo the vibe I give off on a hormonally challenging day...
And to think this was the best 'take' she did. Lol. She really is utter shite in front of a camera. Some people just don't have what it takes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wonder what the original script was? Did it contain a stage direction for Sali to roll her eyes and look exasperated by Claudia?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is so true. No apparent self-doubt, let alone cognitive dissonance

Reactions: 6
100% “behind the scenes” shot from Wayne’s World - Dana Carvey on the way to wardrobe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes, yes, I see the shearling Birks, but I raise you that tracksuit. So ugly, it must be over £200

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.